What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Movies to watch while stoned that aren't about drugs

Stalker was my favorite. I liked it so much I got my own copy and, yeah, watched it while high. Okay, many times over the years :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Dont know Stalker though?

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Dont know Stalker though?

I generally don’t care for movies with subtitles — especially when I’m high. :) But I don’t mind ‘em with this one. Here’s the IMDB page for Stalker:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079944/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It’s not as crazy as Eraserhead, but then not much is...

The Seventh Seal is another good one.

And to be a bit more current, how about The Fountain? I always found that one to be thought provoking and entertaining.

I like the ones that inspire discussions.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
"A Clockwork Orange" is an awesome movie, but it'll give ya the heebee jeebees if you watch it really stoned....

Mrs. G. doesn't even want me to say the name of the movie, if it's dark outside!

Attachments

• clockwork.jpg
    clockwork.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 15

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
"Field of Dreams"
Just watched this tonight for the very first time...

We didn't know anything about it except that a guy builds a baseball diamond in rural Iowa..
Smoked a couple jays with Mrs. Green first...

Umm, should we have each dropped a hit of acid first, or some schrooms, instead?!?

Sorry if these have already been put up but Natural born killers (Shrooms) Killing Zoe - the night before the job just cracks me up ha ha and i watched Jurassic parkowhen it came out on some high quality acid and my bird at the time was so overwhelmed she cried for like 2 hrs after - mental

"Field of Dreams"
Just watched this tonight for the very first time...

We didn't know anything about it except that a guy builds a baseball diamond in rural Iowa..
Smoked a couple jays with Mrs. Green first...

Umm, should we have each dropped a hit of acid first, or some schrooms, instead?!?

Thats gotta be the only KC film ive ever enjoyed(like ive seen em all !!!!!ha)

kaochiu

Veteran

Attachments

• pck2
    pck2
    81.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Raging_Bull_poster.jpg
    Raging_Bull_poster.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 15
  • life_of_brian_ver3.jpg
    life_of_brian_ver3.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 19

baduy

I'd separate movies to wach on TV with buddies for a good laugh and movies to watch alone or in theater.
My best laughs with friends (English speakers included) has been watching a Warner Birthday special never seen on theaters because of obvious (once you've seen it) copyright reasons.
But it can be watched on world'smostfamoustube
LA CLASSE AMÉRICAINE – (99% HD) & (English Subtitles)
Watching alone/theater.
Aguirre the wrath of god
I saw it while neat and found it incredibly boring,several years later saw it heavily baked with a super stoney stuff and being baked allowed me to get in the state of immersion that turns it into the greatest movies of all time. Has to be watched in original version, watching Spanish conquistadores played by German actors ads to the weirdness of the experience. Must have watch this movies something like 20 times since.
I'm glad someone mentionned "a touch of zen" same director did also "raining in the mountain" (original tittle is more like "raining light on the empty mountain which is the most fking beautiful movie name I can think of) which is more friendly to watch and has amazingly beautiful dreamlike fight scenes devoided of modern HK show off.
3rd choice would be the Lone wolf and Cub final "white heaven in hell" just for the visualy insane end scene in the snow

Green Squall

I saw "Crimson Peak" over the weekend. It kind of reminded me of The Shining except during the Victorian era.

"When her heart is stolen by a seductive stranger, a young woman is swept away to a house atop a mountain of blood-red clay: a place filled with secrets that will haunt her forever. Between desire and darkness, between mystery and madness, lies the truth behind Crimson Peak."

Latest posts

Latest posts