What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mountain size "FACE" becoming uncovered/Antarctica

White Beard

I’ve listened to some of Howe’s Youtube stuff (listened rather than watched, because there’s nothing to see but still pictures, shots from science fiction movies, images that don’t actually relate to the narrative, etc - just like in the link you post), including the YT posting about the Antarctic octagon “covered” in that “article”.

I call it a narrative, but it’s not even a good ghost story: her informants don’t seem to have any information at all, which I frankly found disappointing, but I’ve since learned that such weak sauce is all she’s got. Neither she nor her guests offer anything even remotely informative, it’s all unprovable and unsupported assertions without names, dyes, faces, actual photos of anything, like I said, a visual montage of suggestive images and artists conceptions...and not even any imagination applied to it, no reality-based content at all. Yes, yes, “secrecy”, “protected identities”, etc - but no actual content. No substance.

After taking in several of her vague and drawn-out ‘investigations’ and ‘revelations’, I’ve just chalked it up to time wasted and lessons learned. Like Stein said of Philadelphia, there’s no “there” there.

And, like I said above, disappointing: so much gullibility, so little payoff.

Much the same is true of most “UFO research”; after decades of reading and digging into things, it got tired of getting nowhere. If and when there’s anything substantial, I’ll be all over it - but until then my life is full enough to to keep me busy and informed. Just, not about shared delusions and deliberate misinformation. I’d rather chase some ACTUAL tail than some tall tale.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I’ve listened to some of Howe’s Youtube stuff (listened rather than watched, because there’s nothing to see but still pictures, shots from science fiction movies, images that don’t actually relate to the narrative, etc - just like in the link you post), including the YT posting about the Antarctic octagon “covered” in that “article”.

I call it a narrative, but it’s not even a good ghost story: her informants don’t seem to have any information at all, which I frankly found disappointing, but I’ve since learned that such weak sauce is all she’s got. Neither she nor her guests offer anything even remotely informative, it’s all unprovable and unsupported assertions without names, dyes, faces, actual photos of anything, like I said, a visual montage of suggestive images and artists conceptions...and not even any imagination applied to it, no reality-based content at all. Yes, yes, “secrecy”, “protected identities”, etc - but no actual content. No substance.

After taking in several of her vague and drawn-out ‘investigations’ and ‘revelations’, I’ve just chalked it up to time wasted and lessons learned. Like Stein said of Philadelphia, there’s no “there” there.

And, like I said above, disappointing: so much gullibility, so little payoff.

Much the same is true of most “UFO research”; after decades of reading and digging into things, it got tired of getting nowhere. If and when there’s anything substantial, I’ll be all over it - but until then my life is full enough to to keep me busy and informed. Just, not about shared delusions and deliberate misinformation. I’d rather chase some ACTUAL tail than some tall tale.

You are full of shit.

therevverend

Veteran
Usually when people say stuff like that is schizophrenia.im just saying I know a few of them and it's a common symptom.anyone that thinks they know everything about how the world works is a fool.ghosts and aliens and Bigfoot oh my! I had to deal with this in jail.a couple people DEMANDED we watch ancient aliens and ghost shows.i actually got lucky cause I was in a small jail.they didn't know that the book called" Behold a Pail Horse" is supposed to be confiscated and not allowed in jails.it was crazy ass book with some truth to it but otherwise Goofy shit.i could tell everyone of them on the shows where flat out actors and liars. It's not hard to tell.absolutley loony toon bullshit.if there is something out there these Goofy fucks got nothing to do with it.

Actually my friend is one of the most down to earth people I know, the opposite of the frantic schizo paranoid types. He admitted that while the object was literally a UFO, a flying object he could not identify, there were lots of other explanations besides a visit from the space brothers. It could have been a helicopter, or a repair crew working on the power lines, or some other mundane explanation. Why a helicopter would be hovering over the powerlines, or a work crew out on a Saturday night, who knows.

The field with the power lines was in between forested suburban type areas, lots of driveways and houses, and fog tends to collect in those type of fields. My idea is that flashing cop lights were reflecting off the fog, in his inebriated state seeing the bright lights suddenly on a dark night was bewildering. The cops and car itself was hidden in the trees down one of the driveways. Or it was trailing him. When the mothership 'took off', the cops simply turned off their flashing lights. My friend is a child of the 70s, his religion is New Age theosophy. He believes all the stuff about Saint Germain, Shambala, breatharians, animal communication, it's mostly ridiculous but not any more ridiculous then Mormonism or politics. He doesn't get too upset when I laugh at him, he's used to it by now.

As far as jail and tv, you can get in a lot of shit if you touch that dial. When I was there it was an oligarchy, the inmates who had been in the longest got to choose what we watched. So Price is Right every morning at 10. Any change to the routine could result in extreme agitation and violence. At one point New Kid decided he had to watch something, a soccer match or some other frivolous nonsense and got political about it. Wanted to argue, wanted to take a vote. The old timers wanted no part of it and he was vociferously shouted down.

'Behold a Pale Horse', that's the one the rappers and militias and Q Anon people read. Old Dirty Bastard was a fan. Kind of amazing how far it's seeped into the popular culture.

You are full of shit.

I was wondering if gladys was a crank or a troll, I guess it's crank. Glady, it doesn't help your cause to get agitated and surly when someone doesn't agree with your beliefs. No one likes a fanatic except other fanatics. If you want to convert the unbelievers you need to use gentle soothsaying along with free coffee and donuts.

Cranks are afflicted with a personality disorder called the Dunning-Kruger effect. This is a cognitive bias where people overestimate their knowledge or ability in a certain area. It's especially common among IC posters, you can see it in many threads here. It is said those experiencing the bias are 'on Mount Stupid'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

One thing interesting to me is that very few women have this bias. Women tend in the opposite direction, they tend to under-estimate their own ability while over-estimating the abilities of others. I'd be curious if it's an artifact of our male dominated society, if women are the Dunning-Kruger in female dominated societies. Or if it's a Yin hardwire type thing to defer to the 'expert'. So they can nag and tell him everywhere he went wrong when he fucks it all up.

There's a guy with a podcast called 'skeptoid' that debunks various pop culture myths. I noticed he just covered one about the Japan Air Lines Alaska UFO sighting in 1986. One of the most touted UFO sightings by the believers. I knew of it but hadn't looked at it closely. As White Beard pointed out, it's surprising how thin the evidence is when you dig into these stories. The guy that does the podcast grates on me a bit, he's a smug know-it-all who won't acknowledge anything that isn't out of a scientific research paper. Even so his podcast is great, he does his research into debunking all sorts of crazy bullshit. I'm impressed he's willing to muck through this stuff. Here's the one on the Alaska UFO sighting.

https://skeptoid.com/episode_guide.php?cat=15

And I should add a link to his session on Ancient Aliens, at least to Part 1. I usually just read the transcript instead of listening to the podcast..

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4719

Latest posts

Latest posts