What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mountain High Seeds Logo Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Mountain High Seeds has 2 packs of F13/DC to the member selected for their artistic talents in developing a logo. Here's a link to the Mountain High forum: http://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65573

There's been no indication of theme, so it's starting with a blank canvas and going from there. :D

fjällhöga will be around for any questions, suggestions, and the like.

Have fun!

*Winner will be selected by fjällhöga and this contest will run until a logo has been selected.

Thanks!
dg

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow....that prize sounds great...but we need a size and resolution to get started? Thanks Mountain High for the great contest and prize...DD

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
I 'believe' the logo would be for internet use, so the high resolution required for printing would not be necessary. So I'll take a stab at this and say something in the vacinity of 100 x 100 in size....as to the resolution, ya got me there, and I doubt Mountain High has that info either...let's just say it would be for use probably as an avatar as well as being used in his listings on Seedbay...there are logos which accompany categories there...sorry, that's the best I can offer...ya'll know I have no graphics experience...lol

dg

simpleword

My first attempt:

mh2cs7.jpg

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
yo that's cool. you could shrink the width of the M to make it the same as the H and the left leaf will show more. or it would be cool if you made the M and H looked like they were engraved into that mountain somehow.

tuco

fjällhöga

Could you give a little direction...I'll get the brainstorming started. :D

Basically, what sort of breeder you see yourself as...I mean do you grow old school strains or do you see yourself as more of a modern hybrid breeder. This might help give a mood to the logo.

Have you seen any other logos, photography or styles of illustration you have a personal preference for?

Any bud shots you would like to see in there?

A logo which is more 'illustrated' and detailed...or something crisp, clean and modern?

Color or black and white?

Any other text you would like to see in the logo. eg.
Mountain High (Seeds)
Mountain High (Genetics)
Mountain High (Seed Co)

...you get the idea.

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
I have an idea but without any clue how to do it. :badday:

I do not have a program on my computer that can do any of this. Good luck all!

edit:what program does everyone use anyway?? :confused:

Last edited:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
first up , thank you dutchgrown for making it possible that fast :smoke: and thx everyone for showing interest :D

I would need 2 logo's [ one and the same , 1 for seedbay and one for printing on stickers for the seedpacks ]

Tumblepop's last one is definately nice , i just want a mountain , the full name Mountain High Seeds .... , and thats it .. , the remaining parts are left for the more creative people than me :D

have fun , good luck and feel free to pm me ...

Fj

Tumblepop

Thanks Fj.. So, You need 2! One for web (RGB) and one like the first but for printing (CYMK), right?.. and about dimensions? my last one is 250x250 pixel.

milo_xxx: I use Adobe Photoshop CS3.

fjällhöga said:
first up , thank you dutchgrown for making it possible that fast :smoke: and thx everyone for showing interest :D

I would need 2 logo's [ one and the same , 1 for seedbay and one for printing on stickers for the seedpacks ]

Tumblepop's last one is definately nice , i just want a mountain , the full name Mountain High Seeds .... , and thats it .. , the remaining parts are left for the more creative people than me :D

have fun , good luck and feel free to pm me ...

Fj

I had this poster in my room and it always brought me good vibes, the artist is tom masse, the picture is titled Mountain High...you could probably score one of ebay for like 5$ but if you saw the poster in full you would see how I fell in love with it...

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup , i need 2 .. , and try to keep the pic as simple as it can be .... , most preferably in black and white only ... , the exeption is the name

-TP ... i dunno , maybe is 250 x 250 a bit to big , most of the seedbay icon are between <100x <100 and at max 170 x 170

and for the seedpacks ... the logo has to fit on a 4 x 6 cm sticker ...

Status
Not open for further replies.