What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2018

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
thanks guys. Good morning everyone. Not much new here, just buds stacking and plants stretching. We are now preparing our drying area, harvest is just around the corner.. The weather is starting to change and the nights are getting longer. Soon summer will be a memory..

i'm wondering at what point does everyone stop foliar feeding? I like to cut it off at least 2 weeks before harvest if not more.

have a good day!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Direwolf:
74Y3tAah.jpg

501st OG:
oCj3imgh.jpg

Banana Pie:
QZbedoIh.jpg

Native Soil Garden:
Wyj5d3Vh.jpg

UsBZZ4eh.jpg

DAT

Hiya Screws. Your garden looks absolutely stunning! Your poetic description of your garden is so beautiful to read. It must be so fun to wake up excited to smell the garden and all the delicious scents. I think it must be like a Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory experience, but of the ganja.You are such a talented young man . An amazing gardener and wonderful writer. I’m so happy for you. The sunset pictures are so pretty. Thank you for sharing . The Larry og I got ended up hurting my throat. Do you have anymore suggestions for a Strain and shop in LA. Thank you so much and have a wonderful weekend!

i'm wondering at what point does everyone stop foliar feeding? I like to cut it off at least 2 weeks before harvest if not more.

have a good day![/QUOTE]

What up man killing it this year. Any purple stemmed monsters out there this time? I stop foliar feeding week three of flower but yours look like they are loving whatever your hitting them with. What do you like to spray?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Hiya Screws. Your garden looks absolutely stunning! Your poetic description of your garden is so beautiful to read. It must be so fun to wake up excited to smell the garden and all the delicious scents. I think it must be like a Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory experience, but of the ganja.You are such a talented young man . An amazing gardener and wonderful writer. I’m so happy for you. The sunset pictures are so pretty. Thank you for sharing . The Larry og I got ended up hurting my throat. Do you have anymore suggestions for a Strain and shop in LA. Thank you so much and have a wonderful weekend!
I was just in LA a few weeks ago, and honestly am very disappointed with the shops down there right now, quality does not match the price and most places have very few, if any, organic options. Call around, ask dispensaries if they have organic sun-grown flowers, if not then tell them to start carrying them. Look on instagram for cali-licensed organic ganja farms to support. If all else fails i'll be in socal a bit during the winter maybe can figure something out.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Saturday Night

Saturday Night

the Sprite, showing why it is one of my favorite strains to grow. perfect structure!
R3yIk0Mh.jpg

closeup of a Purple Sprite, this cross really brings the whole package... vigor, resilience, flavor, and FROST. Some of them are more sweet but this one is pure gassy sour lime:
8dfwhdVh.jpg

Sunset:
7sVVl20h.jpg

laMy0Ryh.jpg

uZnd6Jjh.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Goodness! Wonderful shots schrews! Sprite looks like a winner! Nice round full structure, and super frosty! I can tell you like the natural in ground rows!

Love the sky out there! Thanks for sharing, brother! I can tell harvest is getting close! Yay! God bless! :smoke:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
early morning closeups..

early morning closeups..

the Direwolf:
lyW3ceAh.jpg

Purple Sprite:
4MkxCeMh.jpg

Snow Leopard (bodhi seeds):
3D5HaSlh.jpg

Snow Queen (bodhi seeds):
LUEv92ph.jpg

Jungle Juice (trichome jungle seeds):
xl1RE0Uh.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Ancient OG F3:
nHRhaUUh.jpg

two plants:
qisHeVDh.jpg

morning sunlight on the bonus garden:
mwN4QGJh.jpg

Snow Queen in native soil:
huWB5ndh.jpg

smell the roses:
f1EcWAih.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
stayed up all night last night partying for the jewish new year, then the morning light was so good i had to take some pictures for you guys.. now it's almost 10am and i still havent eaten breakfast, nor dinner last night. Not to worry though, my queen is fixing me a sandwich now so I can crash out for the rest of the day with a full belly.

Garden is looking good. we seem to be winning our battle against the russet mites, or at least we are certainly better off than last year. There are a couple minor issues which i would like to figure out but i can't complain. We have a hillside full of beautiful plants, the biggest and best of which are from seeds that we made ourselves, of unique varieties, some never grown before.

My favorite strain in the garden at this point is the Purple Sprite . Unreal smell... Limes, berries, grapes, gasoline, and cream. Incredible vigor and perfect structure as well.

have a good day everyone!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah! Got to stop and smell the roses! Glad you had a good time! Wonderful shots in that morning light! Get caught up on your food and rest. You'll be needing it coming up soon! Thanks for sharing! I love the trichome coverage on the snow lepard. Have you ever grown Deep Chunk or hybrids with deep chunk? They can be really resinous. Think about it for next year. I'd love to see you take them to their potential! :smoke:
picture.php

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Things are different since before the days of Facebook. Seems like everyone just likes to click the like button now. Feel free to share your thoughts guys! Gypsy has blessed us with a great forum for discussion. Shrews is making an effort to share with us. He could use some support right now! You can do it, brother! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah! God bless America! Those plants did great without any fertilizer! Did they get foliar fed very much? Looks like they got plenty of water!

Great shots! Thanks for sharing whats going on at the farm! :smoke:

packerfan79

Veteran
The garden is looking stellar. I am blown away by the native soil plants. Must be cool to run so many of your own creations. I am to chicken shit to do any breeding.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Yeah! God bless America! Those plants did great without any fertilizer! Did they get foliar fed very much? Looks like they got plenty of water!

Great shots! Thanks for sharing whats going on at the farm! :smoke:
the native soil garden was foliar fed every couple weeks since june, so maybe 6 or 7 times total this season. That's the only nutrition they got besides a few scoops of gypsum and rainbow mix thrown in the holes when they were planted in the ground.

The flowers are tremendous but most of the plants are showing some deficiencies by now, and fading out fast, which was to be expected. However the plants in new holes are doing better than the ones in our holes from last year, which makes me think the soil was somewhat depleted after last season. I do plan to work with it over the off-season.. If we can get the native soil dialed in then I expect that plot will double or even triple it's yield. There are some 2-4 pounders in there but I would rather have them be 6-10 pounds and i do believe it's possible given the amount of sunlight it gets.. Still though, i can't complain, the native soil plot this year has been very easy and cheap to grow.

The garden is looking stellar. I am blown away by the native soil plants. Must be cool to run so many of your own creations. I am to chicken shit to do any breeding.
yah the native soil crushed it this year, much better than last year. Our seeds are outgrowing everything else! Not sure if i would call myself a breeder, just a lucky pollen chucker at this point. We did make some Ancient OG F4's this year though, with a really beautiful male.. I really want to step up my breeding over the off-season, we have a bunch of cuts saved from our best plants this year for future breeding stock. I just need to set up a little hoophouse for them.

The garden is looking epic! Nice Job Shcrews!
thanks . stay tuned! we're just getting started..

Yeah! Got to stop and smell the roses! Glad you had a good time! Wonderful shots in that morning light! Get caught up on your food and rest. You'll be needing it coming up soon! Thanks for sharing! I love the trichome coverage on the snow lepard. Have you ever grown Deep Chunk or hybrids with deep chunk? They can be really resinous. Think about it for next year. I'd love to see you take them to their potential! :smoke:
View Image
That looks great. I like Deep Chunk, at least the stuff i have seen. I have some seeds of it, f3's from hatchbrew that he gave me at the emerald cup a few years back. Maybe I will pop them next year. I heard they don't get super big, but the flavor and potency are top-notch. Might be good breeding material, If we cross it with the Ancient OG to increase the yield and stretch.