What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2018

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Those mendo guys had a nice sprayer probably expensive...,,but with gardens:plants like you guys got money shouldn't matter I guess. I'm more of a cheap 5-25$ Walmart sprayer but you guys need a heavy duty commercial sprayer. That pressure sprayer looks nice. And it's rollable/easy to work with....not to heavy either

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Harbor Freight 4 gallon back pack sprayer. Comes with a double tipped 90 degree head that will put out a very fine spray. Big ass lever on the side to pump it up and it will stand a good amount of pressure.

Can't be beat for $30. Use one of their coupons and it's even cheaper.

I bought two cause I figured they were crappy and one would break but I used the first one twice a week for almost a year now and nothing has broken. The second is still in an unopened box.

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-gal-backpack-sprayer-63036.html

DAT

Hi Screws! I hope you are doing well and having a fun summer. I moved to Los Angeles and was wondering if you have any recommendations for quality pot shops in Los Angeles. Take care and I hope you have your best season yet!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
The nearby fire is under control, everything's good at the farm. We are entering the flowering phase, all our plants are showing white hairs and a few are starting to stack. It's my bday today and i'm takin a short vacation to escape the smoke , which has been at a hazardous level for weeks.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Hi Screws! I hope you are doing well and having a fun summer. I moved to Los Angeles and was wondering if you have any recommendations for quality pot shops in Los Angeles. Take care and I hope you have your best season yet!

Hey DAT what's up, thanks for stopping by.. Unfortunately most of the LA shops are pretty overpriced but the best ones I have found are TLC / AHPS in Los Angeles, and WEED in the valley. They have a lot of choices and most of it is quality. Have a good summer!

DAT

Hi Screws. Happy b day bro.
:party::party:
I stopped by Jungle Boys on e 17th st and picked up some Larry OG. Good stuff . Nice shop, very nice but when I asked to use the restroom I was told I could use the Port a potty outside. Lol. Really? interesting location. the graffiti around that neighborhood is pretty incredible. So are the homeless encampments and trash piles 17 feet high.lol. How high can They pile the trash before the city will do something? I’m gonna wanna go back for some u know, for some Topanga Canyon OG. Hope you had an awesome vacation. :biggrin:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Thanks for the birthday love everybody. It's been a while since I updated this thread, we were in and out of town for a few weeks.. It's so nice to be back on the farm. Everything is starting to flower. It's my favorite time of the year, the garden has so many new smells and colors to enjoy every day.

All the predator mites we released this year must have been pretty effective because there is very minimal pest pressure (russet mites) this year compared to last year. I haven't found a single one with my microscope, and the plants look clean. Our feeding/calcium regimen must have been decent as well because there are no signs of powdery mildew. This makes me very happy! There is nothing better than watching ganja plants ripen without bugs or fungus to worry about.

We saved cuts from all our best plants. 30 different strains. This will be my mother stable for any future breeding projects.

Currently we are putting all the trellis up to support the buds that are forming. After that is finished we can start to prepare for chop-time. There is still some time left in the season for things to change for the worse, but we are getting closer to harvest and at this point i think we are going to yield more than any previous years, and with what i feel are better strains for the most part. Our own seeds are performing better than all the rest! the Ancient OG really adds a special boost to anything it breeds with... There are a couple outstanding strains from other people as well. It's going to be a good fall i think.

peace&love

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
big plants in mounds

big plants in mounds

The mounds are doing well for the most part. Not quite as big as last year but I think we can make up for it with increased quality. There are some giants as well, but even the smaller ones will probably hit double-digits.

Ancient OG f3.. this is our biggest plant, also the biggest plant i have ever grown or seen in person. this picture does not capture the true size:
c2r3NYLl.jpg

Purple Sprite (sprite x Ancient OG):
Ao4cgh6l.jpg

Blood Orange Tangie x Cherry Pie x Legend OG (backyardfarmer):
JFT6LQ0l.jpg

Kaya's Dream (south fork seeds):
aAgFkWXl.jpg

501st OG (rare dankness seeds):
nFdHZmBl.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Native Soil Garden

Native Soil Garden

The native soil plot is doing well. Better than last year. It really is a field of dreams. Of course it has its quirks... We have so many different strains growing that it looks a bit chaotic, and I think we may have to actually start feeding them next year, haha! because some of them look a bit hungry. BUT this is definitely the best one yet.

Rebel Blue Dream. These ones really have some great vigor and structure. (Ganga Rebel Seeds / Ganja D):
GBiOyVWl.jpg

Timberwolf. (South Fork Seeds):
IPmBwSf.jpg

Skank Zappa... SFV x Dank Zappa... bred by WhodatisCO and named by me:
HNWGji8.jpg

Snow Queen (bodhi seeds):
HR0avr8l.jpg

Purple Sprite:
aPuGU1il.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
end of august

end of august

Jungle Juice BX (trichome jungle seeds):
DuFvQLIh.jpg

Direwolf ... (Timberwolf x Ancient OG):
cookie pheno:
mFqNxAuh.jpg

ancient pheno:
RoDH4Cch.jpg

Snow Queen (bodhi seeds):
4rc7Ww1h.jpg

Eating Grass:
VmfNkT1h.jpg

HHILL

Looking really good Shcrews, unbelievable! I even have some similar hybrids in my yard, BLR x AOG... my particular cross I made has massive compound branching and is as wide as it is tall