What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MotherLode Gardens 2017

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Lessons to be learned everywhere you look. Mounds...pretty well balanced and you not fucking with them. Native soil balanced???
there's mites in both plots and honestly i'm starting too see more plant health issues right now in the mounds than the native. still though everything looks good for the most part.
How goes the russet battle Screws? That sulfur work for you? What have you been spraying now and how often?
sprayed sulfur and essential oils alternating almost every day for a week or two, but now the plants are starting to flower and get trichomes so no more sulfur. None of the mite damage has spread on the affected plants, and it seems some of them are returning to normal and starting to flower.

Also just got a bunch of swiirski mites delivered a few days ago. they're in sachets and have been sitting at room temperature , think they'll still be ok to go in the garden tmrw? i havent checked them with a microscope yet, hope i didn't spend a bunch of money on dead predators.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
mounds

mounds

we are looking good over here!
uagYubXl.jpg

YmD721rl.jpg

46xJtOCl.jpg

pcRXy0ul.jpg

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Really hope those predator mites arent dead and work for you.
I think this is the nicest garden Ive seen from Motherload Gardens so far on ICMag.
Your def crushing it this year. Inspirational.
I cant wait to grow the (LongValleyRoyalKush x BlackLimeReserve) x AncientOG outside next year.
Im making seed now.

~star~crash~

Really hope those predator mites arent dead and work for you.
I think this is the nicest garden Ive seen from Motherload Gardens so far on ICMag.
Your def crushing it this year.
I cant wait to grow the (LongValleyRoyalKush x BlackLimeReserve) x AncientOG outside next year.
Im making seed now.

mee too:biggrin:

Surfgimp

there's mites in both plots and honestly i'm starting too see more plant health issues right now in the mounds than the native. still though everything looks good for the most part.
sprayed sulfur and essential oils alternating almost every day for a week or two, but now the plants are starting to flower and get trichomes so no more sulfur. None of the mite damage has spread on the affected plants, and it seems some of them are returning to normal and starting to flower.

Also just got a bunch of swiirski mites delivered a few days ago. they're in sachets and have been sitting at room temperature , think they'll still be ok to go in the garden tmrw? i havent checked them with a microscope yet, hope i didn't spend a bunch of money on dead predators.
Serious heatwave this weekend. Any notes in their documentation re that? I know you prob cant store them too long, but maybe better to keep the deliv package indoors until tues/weds?

My probs pale in comparison to mites. I lost a 10' tall Tiger Temple to gophers this weekend. No girdling like the 2 Sunny D / Cobra Lips (still alive, but...) It just drooped within 48 hrs. They tunneled under and chomped the tap root. I'm definitely investing in 15 gal root baskets next year.

Stay strong bro

EasyGoing

Screws. Some people think the health of plant matter when it comes to russets. I have never seen a garden that has russets on one plant. By the time you realize you have russets, it's on every single plant in the garden. The least healthy, and the healthiest. Doesn't matter that your mounds are balanced, or how it started. The russet Borg is nothing to scoff at, and if you haven't fought the Borg, then you just don't know.

The only thing you did different than me, is the sulfur spray. Hope that makes the difference for ya.

BTW, get those beneficials out on the plants......... If they are not dead already.

JVonChron

Predator mites need to go out asap. We order them and it says not to store them. Look into venerate and grandevo. They are organic and you've got time to spray it if just now flowering. One kills eggs one kills the mite. Not that expensive. We bought thousands of dollars in predator mites and they didn't win the war. There were too many bad mites already. certain strains of the predators can only survive certain temperature highs. Best of luck sounds like everyone fightin them bastards this yr

trippn

The solar eclipse gathering was tremendous! We returned to the farm a couple days ago after spending a week camping in the high desert of oregon. Rumor is there were over 40,000 people there at the event, and i wouldnt be surprised if half of them were ganja farmers. what a vacation...
View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

aw wtf , i was there... missed all my friends; shoulda kept my eyes out for you.. hope you checked out the sun stage; psytrance is the spot....

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
My 2 big outdoor Glues have a few spots of Powdery Mildew at week 3 1/2 flower. Is there anything that I can spray on flowering plants that will kill the PM and prevent it? (Besides milk...lol )

orechron

I've seen Regalia stop powdery mildew on a large rec grow last year. They got a bad soil recommendation which is why they had pm showing up in August on lower leaves. Regalia seemed to be able to change the plants physiology despite poor soil.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Serious heatwave this weekend. Any notes in their documentation re that? I know you prob cant store them too long, but maybe better to keep the deliv package indoors until tues/weds?

My probs pale in comparison to mites. I lost a 10' tall Tiger Temple to gophers this weekend. No girdling like the 2 Sunny D / Cobra Lips (still alive, but...) It just drooped within 48 hrs. They tunneled under and chomped the tap root. I'm definitely investing in 15 gal root baskets next year.

Stay strong bro
I put the predator mites on the plants and the next day observed them crawling all over , so i guess they didn't all die before i got them out in the field.

Baskets are a good call. you can make your own with hardware cloth and bailing wire. i'm going to use them in all the mounds next year for sure.. Only did half this year and those plants have had no problems. Although i dont have any baskets in the native soil plot and all those plants are fine too ... The gophers and rabbits seem to prefer going after the mounds which are farther away, down the hill

aw wtf , i was there... missed all my friends; shoulda kept my eyes out for you.. hope you checked out the sun stage; psytrance is the spot....
nice! glad you made it to the oregon eclipse gathering as well.. I had no idea psytrance is so popular globally... honestly it's a bit too fast for me, but we did have fun partying at the Sun Stage , what a diverse crowd! I was really into the house music at the Sky Stage, they had some of the best DJ's in the world like Acid Pauli, &Me, Oliver Koletzki, Oona Dahl...

the best sets i saw at the eclipse gathering were Nicola Cruz at sunset, and Goopsteppa at sunrise. The energy was so incredible. We didn't meet many old friends there, it was so crowded there was no point looking for people, and i'm not good with faces anyway

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
We've reached the start of september stacking. The garden looks great except for a few plants displaying significant yellowing. The mite problem seems to be under control for now after a few weeks of vigorous spraying with sulfur and essential oils, followed by the introduction of predator mites. With temperatures over 100 degrees all week there is also a chance the russets have been mostly killed off.

We will make it through to harvest and it's looking like the best year so far here. Main concerns at this point are hanging more trellis and preparing the drying area, as well as putting together a trim crew.

Ancient OG f2's

purple stem:
zyqc0Isl.jpg

green stem:
q69ZFyHl.jpg

Native soil plot:
omjUiVVl.jpg

Sunset Nugs:
JIRrwr3l.jpg

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
We've reached the start of september stacking. The garden looks great except for a few plants displaying significant yellowing. The mite problem seems to be under control for now after a few weeks of vigorous spraying with sulfur and essential oils, followed by the introduction of predator mites. With temperatures over 100 degrees all week there is also a chance the russets have been mostly killed off.

We will make it through to harvest and it's looking like the best year so far here. Main concerns at this point are hanging more trellis and preparing the drying area, as well as putting together a trim crew.

Ancient OG f2's

purple stem:
View Image

green stem:
View Image

Native soil plot:
View Image

Sunset Nugs:
View Image

thats crazy man, that second picture looks like its double or triple planted. Keep up the good work master of large trees

redlaser

Veteran
I've seen Regalia stop powdery mildew on a large rec grow last year. They got a bad soil recommendation which is why they had pm showing up in August on lower leaves. Regalia seemed to be able to change the plants physiology despite poor soil.

Was that regalia watered in or a foliar application? Maybe both? Tried it as foliar in a questionable setup, didn't do a lot. It was in a poorly vented greenhouse, into December, and very close to water, keeping humidity high though.

Latest posts

Latest posts