What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2017

W

wildkender

you learnt from BYF?

I remember his plants and growing style and I think you do it pretty similar.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I didn't think the ones in native would get that big. That's just foliar and water?
yah that's it. I'm surprised too, some of them are pushing 8 feet and havent even flowered yet. Keeping it minimal effort for the sake of science. \ If the quality of finished product is ok then planting the whole hillside like that is a very real possibility in the future.

hey Shcrews...i'm nobody from nowhere... your plants are incredible >>> mad respect 2 you!
thanks. honestly though i could do much better. learning a lot this season. of course the main thing is always genetics.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
you learnt from BYF?

I remember his plants and growing style and I think you do it pretty similar.
Backyardfarmer has helped me a lot in the past few years, my garden would not look as good as it does now without him. However I'm sure he would agree there are still a few things i need to work on in order to fully implement his techniques. His approach is very science-based and he has a deeper understanding of the biochemistry of cannabis and the finer details of ganja farming.

i'm proud to call BYF my friend. He was there for me at times when i had nobody else to talk to, and he never asked for anything in return. It's ironic that there was a time when he was at the top of my ignore list.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi Schrews, your native soil plants look outstanding!!

What have they had for food? Foliar?

Beautiful garden and location, most of course the lovely lady!

You sir are in heaven!

B

beanz

Backyardfarmer has helped me a lot in the past few years, my garden would not look as good as it does now without him. However I'm sure he would agree there are still a few things i need to work on in order to fully implement his techniques. His approach is very science-based and he has a deeper understanding of the biochemistry of cannabis and the finer details of ganja farming.

i'm proud to call BYF my friend. He was there for me at times when i had nobody else to talk to, and he never asked for anything in return. It's ironic that there was a time when he was at the top of my ignore list.

true that ,
top bloke ......

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
mites and other critters most likely come from the straw -
thats definitely possible, but most of the mite damage is in our native soil plot where there is no straw mulch. I though maybe they came from some tomato plants we got from the nursery.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
taking a few days off to go to the solar eclipse festival in oregon... havent left the hill in almost 6 months so a vacation will be nice. hope nothing happens on the farm while we're gone.
oregon-eclipse.jpg

jidoka

Lessons to be learned everywhere you look. Mounds...pretty well balanced and you not fucking with them. Native soil balanced???

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
thats definitely possible, but most of the mite damage is in our native soil plot where there is no straw mulch. I though maybe they came from some tomato plants we got from the nursery.

this video, even though it's old now, should be mandatory viewing for Cali outdoor growers dealing with mites.

he gets into details on sprayers, organic methods and prevention.

i'll bet your native soil plants are not as healthy and that's why they are getting hit harder.

good luck!

3:30 minutes in he starts talking about mite damage outdoors.
[YOUTUBEIF]GbywPWBoM3s[/YOUTUBEIF]

EastBayGrower

Veteran
ugh just lost a small gdp plant to the rabbits/rats, same problem yiu pictured earlier.... pain in the but... they started nibbling on one of my larger plants so i made sure to spray it with trichoderma, used tree sealeer, and wrapped it in foil... some of the other plants have fabric around the bottom foot like you have chicken wire.... does that foot of chicken wire on the bottom of the inner cage keep them out?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The fungus growing there is sclerotonia . Whether it was there from a Cu deficiency or from a rabbit nibble. The white growth is indicative.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
The solar eclipse gathering was tremendous! We returned to the farm a couple days ago after spending a week camping in the high desert of oregon. Rumor is there were over 40,000 people there at the event, and i wouldnt be surprised if half of them were ganja farmers. what a vacation...
ZrhXPUyl.jpg

69j5kMAl.jpg

F7qNmLEl.jpg

KAadZbjl.jpg

0cBmtbDl.jpg