What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2017

I'm feeling lucky

Attachments

• IMG_0533.jpg
    IMG_0533.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 15

jidoka

So worried about carbonates tying up all that Ca but not worried about phosphate tying it up? Didn't you mention you were not getting the Ca response you were expecting. At least add a fuckton of fulvic/humic with that gypsum and bonemeal combo and give yourself a chance

plantingplants

Are you meaning literal straight up ca + p = unavailable calcium phosphate ?

I guess that doesnt make sense since any available p and avail ca would do that and youd never have any. But p is an anion so it doesnt compete with ca... Unless the plant uses the same path to take them up?

Give me a mystic clue to sniff out

leadsled

What Cat said, plus gypsum.

Lead sled with his grow cover crops then chop and discard is a waste of time IMO. Gypsum or lime in the fall, put a ton of water through it, then test in the spring. That will get rid of the excesses, while raising those Ca levels. Frankly, why do people listen to Lead? Does he even have a grow? Or just a sales man?

It is too bad that you can not read or follow directions.

I say use ag lime and gypsum. Some people have decent results with oyster shell flour.

What do you do? Buy oyster shell. not oyster shell flour but oyster shells.

I know you said that you are not all that smart but cmon.

I know better than to help someone who can not follow directions.

You have lost many crops (or half your gh) to pests and/or diseases.
Have gotten banned many times.
Always blaming others for your lack of attention to details.
You are insecure and desperate for attention.

Maybe you should pray for yourself rather than others.

------

Real world experience with a soil with excess K. I kept growing in soil with high k, to see how long to sort out the excess K.

high k cover crops which I removed and composted and I also added gypsum and made sure to irrigation to runoff.

Potassium started out at 14% and now is 3 to 6%. Took 2 runs indoors.

Hope that helps.

HazyBulldog

It is too bad that you can not read or follow directions.

I say use ag lime and gypsum. Some people have decent results with oyster shell flour.

What do you do? Buy oyster shell. not oyster shell flour but oyster shells.

I know you said that you are not all that smart but cmon.

I know better than to help someone who can not follow directions.

You have lost many crops (or half your gh) to pests and/or diseases.
Have gotten banned many times.
Always blaming others for your lack of attention to details.
You are insecure and desperate for attention.

Maybe you should pray for yourself rather than others.

------

Real world experience with a soil with excess K. I kept growing in soil with high k, to see how long to sort out the excess K.

high k cover crops which I removed and composted and I also added gypsum and made sure to irrigation to runoff.

Potassium started out at 14% and now is 3 to 6%. Took 2 runs indoors.

Hope that helps.
Are we talking cover crops, and how to get rid of excesses in soil from year to year?

First off, it was oyster shell flower, second I can quote the email that predates any talk of lime or gyp where you said use oyster flour...... (assuming you are talking about our past, out of left field) Third, you recommended Microna Lime when my Mg was 20+%. Forth, what are you even talking about?

The real question, do you feel better now cupcake? Anybody want to know how to piss off a fertilizer salesman? Ask if they can grow, or only "teach".......If you read Tiedjens, you learn right away fertilizer salesman will sell you the world.

I am sure you will delete it so others wont see in the future, but check your public msg's....... You have been asking for my help since 2014...... Just under different handles........

Put your vagina hat back on snowflake. If you think I am giving screws bad advice, say so. As I did with your advice. Attacking me personally, bringing my faith into things, is just low and taking screws thread off track. I stand by what I said, growing cover crops to get rid of excesses isn't my approach. I feel a good dose of gyp in the fall is much more effective, cheaper and more time efficient.

Last edited:

jidoka

Cause you know what you are doing. That is a rare thing. Follow you without adding this or that from some random dumb ass. It is the shit you add beyond good advice that fucks you up

plantingplants

i'm gonna derail this. everyone is being grouchy.

i was diggin through a pot and found a chunk of mycelium, on the surface of the mycelium there was a few small droplets of a bright yellow sap (i didnt touch it but it looked like sap.. the drops stood higher than water would). now when i hear talk of root or fungal exudates, i usually imagine microscopic amounts, but could this yellow sap be fungal exudate?

jidoka

It is plant exudate. Could it have fat as well as sugar in it...yes it could. But fungal exudate would come from a fungus...not a plant

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Cut the cover crop down, order some worms add those, put down some kind of protein and spray them with rejuvenate and all the microbes to start breaking all the stuff down and then on the next time you water them to keep them moist put 1% pacific gro down and that will make your soil go fungal dominant and help humification

Cover crop isn't really a companion plant, if it was me I'd just turn it in completely and cover with a fabric mulch and put the drip under that and cover that with enough straw to keep the sun off

But that's just the way we found work out the best for us when we were doing outdoor. Now I grow in 20 gallon pots so it's a different game now
thanks as always! should i just put the worms on top of the mound and let them crawl around?

I really liked the cover crop last year actually though. any drawbacks to using it?

Off to a good start this year!

Been having good results with rinsed Roots Greenfields amended with 15% topsoil, micros, and Vansil. Should be fine alone just rinsed. Posted a test recently of it fresh out the bag.

Gonna be running some Chemical Weapon, Gas Leak, and Cherry chem clones along with some various kush cuts.
cool i'll see if i can find any. looks like i'll be using bagged soil for my transplants. already have some black gold but not enough.

several people running south fork this year. lots of gas coming soon

plantingplants

It is plant exudate. Could it have fat as well as sugar in it...yes it could. But fungal exudate would come from a fungus...not a plant

that's kind of magical. but so how do you know it was plant exudate and not fungal? it was on a chunk of dirt colonized by (fungal) mycelium. idk if it matters but there was no plant growing in the pot.. and i guess the exudate could have survived the bobcat... it seemed fresh though.

Latest posts

Latest posts