What's new

Motherlode Gardens 2014

HillBilly1

Veteran
fires under control. that was crazy

if yall want to know stress, try watching giant DC-10's fly a few hundred feet above your garden all day. A couple times they flew over so low that i thought they were fucking with me, fuckin jet engines felt like an earthquake
View Image
And the fucking choppers and old ass bombers, everyday since Aug 1st

haha i am legal but makes me paranoid as all hell

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice some of those plants are some proper monsters…next year just gotta plan veg start selection better so you have less runts.

planes are cool, we are north of Beale AFB so sometimes some jets will fly overhead….the closer and louder the better! at least they aint Net5 choppers…

meds215 - BT for the cats…I've been spraying BT 2 times a week and all i find are dead caterpillars out here. they die before they can even eat a full calyx.

grow nerd

Veteran
How you guys doing with cats this year, I got hit hard today at one of my spots.

I tried warm milk but they keep coming back.

Gonna try spraying plants with DiPel Pro DF (BTk) and Therm X70 (yucca extract based wetting agent) for caterpillars though.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I found a few budworms i think they are. in my garden this season we are only a couple weeks out to pullin, is it to late to spray with that BT stuff even if the worms are inside of the buds already? and does it affect the smell and taste of the buds? thanks

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
noonin you are right a certain point its almost better to just lose a small percentage of buds to the worms instead of spraying it right up to harvest. I'm probably on my last few BT sprays, won't be spraying any of it at least 2 weeks prior to harvest.

i havent noticed any ill smells or tastes on the nug, it has a really short lifespan after a few days in the sun it deteriorates from what i researched on it. it actually has to be sprayed during a very specific timeframe to be effective. (nights are best, sun/UV degrades it)

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
so far this year we havent seen any caterpillars, its just a matter of time though . 2007 was the worst summer ever i lost half my garden to the fuckers

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
nice some of those plants are some proper monsters…next year just gotta plan veg start selection better so you have less runts.

runts were caused by vegging in coco , plus planting clones w/out supp light. Already have plans for next spring , basically just gonna pop about 100 seeds in march or april and choose the 24 biggest females in may. Just need to work out the final strain lineup. Will include some of Bodhi's gear cuz they did well this year.

Anyone have suggestions for seeds for big plants?? I am going to avoid clones next year.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Archive's FaceOff pollen seems to have made some serious OG hybrids, if that is something you guys enjoy. Im planning on grabbing a pack or two for sure

edit- i see you edited in seed for big plants, probably not the best to do og, lol. Biggest plants ive ever seen were all ssh hybrids

runts were caused by vegging in coco , plus planting clones w/out supp light. Already have plans for next spring , basically just gonna pop about 100 seeds in march or april and choose the 24 biggest females in may. Just need to work out the final strain lineup. Will include some of Bodhi's gear cuz they did well this year.

Anyone have suggestions for seeds for big plants?? I am going to avoid clones next year.

I've got some seeds I would love to kick down. We will see how the season unfolds, final pics , weights and all that good stuff.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
you should try a couple of my skywalker OG x Fire Alien fems…..straight giants and the quality is all really nice. no need for male/female selection either!

i want to try some bodhi as well. how is the smell on those solo stash?

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
South Fork Seeds is also down to donate some beans if you want to try them.

I'm telling you guys , dream beaver. It has Afgooey , Blockhead , and Green Crack in its pedigree.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Thanks guys. Mendo, i'm hoping the season goes well and i can run a proper seed garden next year.
Y4p, would love to try some of those. The solo's stash smells really good, berries, creamy chocolate, and kush. Very frosty too

Byf i Just got a pack of dream beaver and a pack of tigers milk last time i was in santa cruz. Ive been looking at bodhi's blue dream crosses too. Dont know much about south fork seeds but ive seen u mention them before

Might snag some of UP's gg4 s1's tomorrow when they drop at TLC, think they could be good candidates for full season?

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Right on bud , I went through 3 packs of dream beaver and have 4 females that are Insane in resin production , structure , and bud set... They lean towards what I'm assuming is the Snow Lotus because they look like Blockhead plants...

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
GG#4 is stealing the show out here on the East Coast this season.
Hope you dont mind Schrews....If you do I will take these down. :tiphat:
picture.php

picture.php

Can see my thumb in first pic for size and hand in second.....
Only week 3.