What's new

Motherlode Gardens 2014

theJointedOne

Veteran
im curious how much you are going to pull on average out of the 800's. If we know that 300 gallons can grow ten pound plants with out much trouble, im expecting you guys to grow some 15-20's at least with that much soil. Large mounds on home farms makes sense to me, to have large mounds that get huge over the years and end up becoming some amazingly built soil, but when dealing with non permanent smart pots i see things different. fwiw imho

Seriously though, is the extra cost of more soil, water, ammends, time, work ect really getting you bigger yields?

Sometimes you have to crawl before you walk, if that makes sense.

With ideal seed, sun, and soil, a 100 gallon smart pot should give off 4 pounds, imho

Bulldog420

Veteran
im curious how much you are going to pull on average out of the 800's. If we know that 300 gallons can grow ten pound plants with out much trouble, im expecting you guys to grow some 15-20's at least with that much soil. Large mounds on home farms makes sense to me, to have large mounds that get huge over the years and end up becoming some amazingly built soil, but when dealing with non permanent smart pots i see things different. fwiw imho

Seriously though, is the extra cost of more soil, water, ammends, time, work ect really getting you bigger yields?

Sometimes you have to crawl before you walk, if that makes sense.

With ideal seed, sun, and soil, a 100 gallon smart pot should give off 4 pounds, imho

I would say the biggest advantage to having that much soil is the room for error. If everybody was trying to get the biggest yield out of the least soil people would be growing in 65's. The large pot will create higher yields, but it also allows for more forgiveness since it has a much larger battery.

theJointedOne

Veteran
yea bulldog, i get that. And I dont want my previous post to come across as anything other than a simple question i was curious about.

im all for lots of dirt, I just see a lot of guys spending so much dough/energy on the extra stuff without really getting the returns they would if they had focused on trying to master growing this plant to its highest potential, not "how big can we get this thing?" lol (again not saying thats shcrews or anyone else specific, just something ive noticed in my life here in norcal watching the greenrush movement)

Bulldog420

Veteran
Just made a large order at the vault, and bought a couple packs of the Ancient OG since yours are doing so well. Keep us informed on how she does please, thanks.

S

StanKDanK

sup Shcrews ¿ have you guys starting thinning out the suckers n shit ? are you doing any trellis or staking big branches?

Whats your top 3 strains in the garden this year so far?

Bulldog420

Veteran
StankDank - Please explain suckers. I know what sucker branches are on tomato plants, but what about cannabis? Just the insides of the plant?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Just made a large order at the vault, and bought a couple packs of the Ancient OG since yours are doing so well. Keep us informed on how she does please, thanks.
Ancient OGs are doing great
They are 10 feet tall
here is one in a 400

Attachments

• IMG_6173.jpg
    IMG_6173.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 15

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
sup Shcrews ¿ have you guys starting thinning out the suckers n shit ? are you doing any trellis or staking big branches?

Whats your top 3 strains in the garden this year so far?

We did one round of pruning about a month ago, time to do it again.
Just finished putting up nets on all the big plants.

best 3 strains so far, altho it's still early to tell:

-Ancient OG
-Sweet & Sour C99
-Uncirculated OG x PSA

ozza

Veteran
I agree. The goal is to grow big plants, large enough that they shade the ground under them. Of course if youre having trouble with the big plant part, then by all means... mulch away! lol

You know wind and heat also evaporate water, which mulch also helps with.

I'm an Aussie, we don't have any problems with large plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts