What's new

mother and son pot emails:

Bloody hell, I don't know how you haven't strangled her yet. I can't stand people that think they know what God wants, that they have God on their side, and that they're speaking for God when they project their bigoted, myopic views of other people's private activities. If my mother even considered turning me in for smoking weed that would be the last time she ever heard from me.

The problem with using the Bible as justification for something is that the Bible contradicts itself too frequently and is horribly inconsistent. If I find some verse that says I can do one thing, I can find another verse that tells me not to do it. It ultimately boils down to a person's own idea of morality, which is where you and your mother conflict. You can guarantee there's a Bible verse supporting whatever you think is right, and she will have no problem finding justification for her views too. Quoting Bible verses never works.

watson540

Aside from any mention of god your mom just described me to a tee. I cant help it I just love weed, most people suck anyways so I dont think Im missing much. Besides Im cool to hang out with anyone who chooses weed as their anti drugm but most of the time still dont like people in my house, i prefer the company of all my female roommates . Myself and people that prefer to get drunk just dont mix well, alcohol makes people do shitty things. You mom is ass backwards and needs to do a fact check, but people like her cant be convinced know matter what. My mom is the same way, my dad is a career pot head and shes been in denial for over 25 years. She thinks weed is the devil but has no quams mixing her pills with a few cocktails.

There are 3 types of people in this world people who drink, people who smoke and people that just dont give a fuck. i dont bother with drinkers, especially religious drinkers:moon:

i actually am very similar to that as well. i always liked to think that it was the illegality and social taboo related to me being high that kept me away from the world..

It's kind of illegal so who the hell wants to go out and get arrested for PI, possesion, or just standing outside where a cop can taze you in general (not to mentions JUDGEMENTAL morons, who only know govt. propaganda)

GanjaPharma

sorry to hear you are having such a hard time getting across to your mom. I got a terrible welt from the bible belt and I know how hard it can be to discuss anything with people who have abandoned logic so wholeheartedly. I do not advocate using works of fiction as reference sources but here are a few verses from that wild murder mystery sci-fi series sometimes known as the Bible (part 1 and and the subsequent sequels). ok im gonna preach ...so can i get an AMEN??
And the earth brought forth grass and herb yielding seed after its kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. (Genesis 1:12)
(thats jesus's dad talkin there...pay attention)

God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so." And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. (Gen. 1:29-31)
(every green herb for meat eh? dont sound like the church lunches i remember)

(No prohibition of cannabis or any other drug is made in the Ten Commandments: See Ex. 20:1-17 you would think the drug war would be specifically mentioned given how sinfull drugs are)

(Cannabis is mentioned in Ex. 30:23 but King James mistranslated it as 'sweet calamus' a plant found across Europe, in southern Russia, northern Asia Minor, southern Siberia, China, Japan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Australia, as well as southern Canada and Northern USA but NOT IN THE MIDDLE EAST...doh! king james didnt have wikipedia) :

Moreover, the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 23 Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even 250 shekels, and of qaneh-bosm [cannabis] 250 shekels, 24 And of cassia 500 shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin: 25 And thou shalt make it an oil of holy anointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil. 26 And thous shalt anoint the tabernacle of the congregation therewith, and the ark of the testimony, 27 And the table and all his vessels, and the candlestick ahd his vessels, and the altar of incense, 28 And the altar of burnt offerings with all his vessels, and the laver and his foot. 29 And thou shalt sanctify them, that they may be most holy: whatsoever toucheth them shall be holy. (Exodus 30:22-29)
* As one shekel equals approximately 16.37 grams, this means that the THC from over 9 pounds of flowering cannabis tops were extracted into a hind, about 6.5 litres of oil. The entheogenic effects of such a solution -- even when applied topically -would undoubtedly have been intense.
He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man and oil to make his face to shineth. (Psalm 104:14-15)

The Lord said unto me, "I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest. For afore the harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches. (Is. 18:4-5) (iseah you vaporizing LST growing bastard!)

And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more. (Ezekiel 34:29)

(Jesus:) "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."

(thought this was appropriate regarding her opinion that you will roast in hell for imbibing a substance)

(Matt. 15:11)
One believeth that he may eat all things. Another…eateth herbs. … Let us not, therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Ghost. (Epistle of St. Paul: Romans 14: 2,3,13,14,17)

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielding her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. (Rev. 22:1-2)

hate to use their book, its like a millenia old game of telephone...but since they dont read anything else (cept for the news ticker on FOX) i figure its worth the effort.

now I am going to load a spliff of holy herbs with the healing of the nations, make a burnt offering, and if it maketh my face shine...well thank the lord!
(or any sentient species that cares)

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
DIdn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has been posted already, BUT:

Ask your mom why HER brain has THC-specific receptors, one of only a few "foreign" chemicals your brain is specifically engineered to accept and utilize.

If that isn't divine enough for her nothing is. Alcohol is a poison, while are brains are hard-wired for us to ingest THC.

R

rocky5

aw man this is terrible i have been to a penticostal church and what message i get from them
is that evryone in the church has to have their own personal relationship with Jesus
thats why some of them are into magic,which i see is forbiden in the bible and some are into
spiritual healing which i dont agree with also some are into dream interpertation.
all of these things could be seen as satanic by another denomination.
why have so many churches and denominations if no one takes their own personal view
and reletionship in the bible and Jesus.
i think rastafarians read the same bible do they not?
its not like they are making words up and adding to the word of God.
you need to find out what exaactly her church beliefs are,not hers and compare the two
it seems like it is the only level you can reach her on.
i hope you can resolve things with your mum though good luck.

another quick point what plant does she think God is on about that will heal nations?
it aint parocetimol,as God says th fallen angels taught man to cut the roots
and fordge the metals,refering to medicines /potions/poisons and warfare i think?
is creating alcohol not cutting of the roots.

watson540

Bloody hell, I don't know how you haven't strangled her yet. I can't stand people that think they know what God wants, that they have God on their side, and that they're speaking for God when they project their bigoted, myopic views of other people's private activities. If my mother even considered turning me in for smoking weed that would be the last time she ever heard from me.

The problem with using the Bible as justification for something is that the Bible contradicts itself too frequently and is horribly inconsistent. If I find some verse that says I can do one thing, I can find another verse that tells me not to do it. It ultimately boils down to a person's own idea of morality, which is where you and your mother conflict. You can guarantee there's a Bible verse supporting whatever you think is right, and she will have no problem finding justification for her views too. Quoting Bible verses never works.

and not only that..there are "new rules" and "old rules" ..so you need to pay attn. to whether its the old or new testament being quoted..i was taught the old testament rules were null and void so to speak (and if not ALL of them are "eye for an eye, etc" then thats even more confusing)

Great discussion.

a quick sort of off-topic point about alcohol as there has been some bold statements made.

Until the recent past, and in some places even still, water sources were often not potable in areas where man had developed large populations. Fermented grains and fruit, beer and wine, were often far safer to consume than the local water source.

While I agree alcohol can and is very destructive to many, its value in the homo sapien sapien population extends further back than the Egyptians and likely the Sumerians. As many of you have supposed the use of MJ in biblical scripture as a sacrament. Alcohol has equally, if not deeper, roots in human evolution. It has been used for dozens of medical and spiritual applications for thousands of years. One can go on and on how it is a poison and made by man etc. etc.

All one has to do is look to the animal kingdom and you will find wild animals taking great joy in eating fallen fruit that has begun fermenting.

To get back on to the topic at hand. Religion is a drug, it creates a sense of well-being and provides the answers to questions that might otherwise aid in making choices that don't benefit a population. It is all about ROI (return on investment) ex. Jews/Islamic God says - Don't eat pigs because they are "dirty" or because you live in the fucking desert and pigs require a massive amount of water, which is already a scarce commodity.

With that being said, I don't envy your situation, family is very important and I hope you are able to find a common ground based on a shared love for each other. This discussion would not be happening if you both didn't truly care for each others well-being. You cannot win this argument, she is far too deep. I would finish today's battle with something tender and thoughtful to remind her of your love for her. Let her know despite the huge difference in her perception of morality and beliefs you accept her for who she is.

Then slowly and gently over timer educate her with a subtler approach.

Good luck

TMS

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
As for criminal status, anyone who breaks the law is considered a criminal. Look in the dictionary. So you must therefore be a criminal. I have actually thought of turning you in--seriously!
Ok, after reading this the gloves are off, it's time to break your foot off in her bible thumping ass.
Turn you in????????

Break ties
Anyone threatens to turn me in just got annexed from my life, and the only thing that would allow her to walk away from me with teeth still in her head after saying that is the fact that she is my mother.

Absolute lost cause here, time to let go.
Never speak of it again with her.

" I have actually thought of turning you in--seriously!"

This makes me very sad. What a f'd up moment we are living in. She seems genuinely concerned for your living as well as immortal soul. Have you done enough seriously stupid shit to warrant this? Not that that would ever be acceptable behavior. Or, is this just the Baby Jesus at it again?

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
read this
http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/949.html
then this..it is indeed food! your mom is wrong....and just reading her replies tells me she has a wall of lies and brainwashing to come through poor her
http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/articles/1425.html
then this
http://www.potshot.ca/showpage.php?val1=17&val2=1
start posting studies and researchers to strengthen your arguments
and also this
http://www.cannabisculture.com/backissues/cc11/christ.html
this last link in particular might blow your mom's mind especially if you couple it with a link such as this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI2VT2kOfnM&NR=1
and this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OqSRfzqwWA&feature=related

Last edited:

jd4083

Veteran
Once again, I'm sure there's more to the story...and once again, she's clearly pretty whacked herself when it comes to the religion thing...but I'm pretty damned certain that there's a few things you have left out here

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
she replys:

I actually was ambivalent about legalizing pot for a while, but since then I've learned that those European countries that have legalized marijuana are wanting to repeal the law. It has fostered a generation of slackers and is a magnet for the world's scumbags. It also didn't produce the taxes it was supposed to. Having been in Amsterdam, I can tell you that the legalization of pot was not a benefit to that country. There was a pall/ darkness/ nastiness/ evil that hung over the whole city, in spite of its natural beauty. We couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Making it legal, won't make it moral. Homosexuality and fornication are legal, but they will earn one a first-class ticket to hell for an eternity. The price is too high.

First, you said that, to you, smoking pot is no different than having a couple of beers. But it is much different. 1. For starters, alcohol is legal.
2. More importantly, it is also lawful by God.
3. Another difference is that one can drink alcohol and not alter their consciousness. It is a delicious drink and the purpose for imbibing doesn't have to be to escape reality.

Your hope is that pot is legalized and that it will be socially acceptable. However, that is not the answer to your quandry. Even if it is legalized, drugs will never be lawful. If drunkards cannot inherit the kingdom of God, do you think potheads will? Besides that, the law can't force good employers to hire pot smokers. And they won't.

You say that pot is harmless and actually benefits your life. Really? Your choices for employment are severly limited and what gumption you had for school is gone. You are doing a fine job now of supporting yourself (another thing for which I am proud) but you won't be able to support a family on that income, or derive any joy from having a career that excites you. I can forsee that you'd like to support a family and get a career-type job, but you won't have any employment history on which to build. The time for a manly job is now, since you're a man, and employers expect to see progress and diligence in their workers' employment history. Your days of having a teenage job are quickly coming to an end, but you have no other career options if you're unwilling to put down the pipe.

Your relationships are also affected by pot. You know in your heart that what you're doing is wrong, no matter how you try to convince yourself otherwise. As a result, you avoid most social contact. You tell yourself that you just don't like people, but that's not true. When you were younger, you were quite social, and it's only since you've been smoking that you've avoided all your family and old friends. So, pot actually completely controls everything in your life right now. It has affected you: mind, body and soul. It has robbed us of you, it has robbed God of you, it has affected your career choices and perhaps your girlfriend choices. These are HUGE! And none of these effects is positive in your life.

Your mom to me sounds like a VERY WISE SOUL. She is closed minded of somethings but all in all her intentions are good and bet a lot of her words have merit.

You don't get old by being a fool. The graveyard's are FULL of young wise men.

The only way to achieve true peace is to find common ground and for what it's worth it's obvious she misses you.

My Penny
Mr.Wags

Last edited:

jd4083

Veteran
Your mom to me sounds like a VERY WISE SOUL. She is closed minded of somethings but all in all her intentions are good and bet a lot of her words have merit.

You don't get old by being a fool. The graveyard's are FULL of young wise men.

The only way to achieve true peace is to find common ground and for what it's worth it's obvious she misses you.

My Penny
Mr.Wags

:thank you:

thizzness

I've had this conversation with my mom before with pretty much the same results. Some people just never change.

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
Hello son,

I read your Bible verses in my Bible and I was surprised that you interpret them to mean that God is encouraging people to smoke pot, that in fact He gave it to us to enhance our lives! I am wondering if you searched out these Scriptures for yourself or if you got them from some Rastafarian website....

As you know, coming up in a Word church, we must "rightly divide the Word" in order to come away with the meaning God intended. Many people mangle the Scriptures to substantiate their rebellion, thinking that it somehow mitigates the pending judgement, but God is not mocked. One must take the meaning of the Word and choose to obey or disobey--both have consequences.

Here is a breakdown of the Scriptures that you sent. The Scripture in Genesis about God giving us plants for food is indeed correct. But pot is not food. Nor did God intend for all plants to be eaten. In fact, some plants are very poisonous! But all plants are good for a particular use--even if it's just to look pretty or produce oxygen. Even marijuana is useful for making rope! So it's quite a stretch to say that because all God's plants are good means we should all smoke pot.

I don't have the energy to go get the Concordance to look up the Hebrew word used for fragrant cane, so I'll just assume that it is marijuana. So? If you read the Scripture, the oil was to be poured on the tabernacle, utensils, altars, and the priests. In verses 31-33 of that chapter say, "And you shall speak to the children of Israel saying: 'This shall be a holy anontining oil to Me throughout your generations. It shall not be poured on man's flesh; nor shall you make any other like it according to its composition. It is holy, and it shall be holy to you. Whoever compounds any like it, or whoever puts any of it on an outsider, shall be cut off from his people." No smoking of pot is being condoned here.

Alcohol is a man-made thing, yes. But Jesus' first miracle was to turn water into wine. If God thought alcohol is automatically evil, then He and the devil are in league together with that miracle! Obviously, alcohol is approved of by God, but not to drunkeness.

The Scripture in Isaiah 18:4-5 is a prophecy against Ethiopia. In it, the Prophet Isaiah was telling them that BEFORE the harvest (when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower) He will prune them. Finishing that verse says that the "cut down branches will be left together for the mountain birds of prey; and the beasts of the field will winter on them". As you know, there is no fruit to harvest on seed-bearing plants until the flower has been fertilized which then becomes a fruit. God is warning Ethiopia that before they enjoy any fruit from their labors they will be CUT OFF! It's a curse: do all the work and get no pay. I'm not sure where you see God sanctioning pot smoking here. In fact, quite the contrary. He is pronouncing judgement on a sinful nation.

In the Ezekiel Scripture, the prophet is foretelling about Jesus. From verse 11 onward, he is talking about how Jesus will care for us as a good shepherd cares for His sheep. Starting in verse 28 it says, "And they shall no longer be a prey for the nations, nor shall beasts of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and no one shall make them afraid. I will raise up for them a garden of renown, and they shall no longer be consumed with hunger in the land, nor bear the shame of the Gentiles anymore. Thus they shall know that I, the Lord their God, am with them, and that they, the house of Israel, are My people," says the Lord God. "You are My flock, the flock of My pasture; you are men, and I am your God." says the Lord God. Well how you can take away from that passage that God gave us pot to make us happy is very sad indeed. Even pot smokers know that they get very hungry after smoking. But this garden satisfies hunger--no way it can be a crop of cannibis!

Finally, the Scripture in Romans about not judging what another eats or drinks is why we don't have a problem with Matt and Abbi being vegans. That Scripture concerns eating and drinking not pot smoking. But the Bible does say how you should treat your body. "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's."

You say that you don't think God cares what you put in your mouth, but He does. He knows the number of hairs on your head. Don't you think He cares that you need something besides Him to be fulfilled in life? "Thou shall have no other gods before Me." (1st commandment). He will also judge us on what we do with our talents ($$$) in life. The unprofitable servant is "cast into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." How much more will He care if we don't fulfill our purpose because we lacked the gumption as a result of smoking pot? I'm quite certain that He cares ALOT! He is there for you, son. The Holy Spirit produces such a high--it's legal, moral and good!

I am concerned that you would offer up such feeble Biblical support for pot. I know you're an intelligent, discerning man. So all I can deduce is that you are merely parroting some gibberish that you found on a website written by people whose brains are fried. If you're going to be a pothead, don't try to hide behind the Word. That is far more dangerous than smoking pot. Just be honest with yourself and admit you're in rebellion. It will go far easier on you.

As for the legalization of pot: I don't care. Will I vote for it? Probably not, but I really don't care! The reason that I am so upset about this issue is because it's YOU! Do you remember how upset I was when you were smoking cigarettes? It's like that, except that there are other issues that make it even worse than cigarettes: immorality, illegality and lack of career opportunities for you. What you don't seem to understand is that even if your dreams come true and it's legalized in November, no one will change their hiring policies and allow potheads to work for them. So the only thing that changes is that you won't be arrested for possesion. That's why I care so much. It isn't healthy, it hinders your life, and for what?! You might ask yourself why you need such help to feel good.

As for criminal status, anyone who breaks the law is considered a criminal. Look in the dictionary. So you must therefore be a criminal. I have actually thought of turning you in--seriously! However, I believe that you are experiencing the last bit of grace coming to you. If you don't have ears to hear, that grace will lift. Don't harden your heart and experience sacrifice. Repent now and escape lasting consequences. You will eventually repent. I'm hoping it will be without the sacrifice part. Ask anyone who has experienced sacrifice as a result of sin and they always say that it is far greater than the momentary pleasure in which they indulged.

You have been alluding to a future in this arena. I surmise that you plan on growing it or something for a living. Of course you know that idea's about as appealing to me as having my daughters be prostitutes as a career choice....But just looking at it in a business sense, I don't think it's going to work out. Either it becomes legalized and there's no way you'll be able to complete with plantations, or it remains illegal in which you're eventually convicted of a crime and sent to jail. You can mock the law all you want. That's what criminals do. But they don't look so wise sitting in a jail cell.

It's time to open your heart and eyes son. It's time to be a man and face yourself in the mirror. There's nothing wrong with needing help. We all fall short and need God. Failures don't define a man, but how he deals with the failure determines the measure of a man. It's your time to make the change. Your window of grace is closing. Repent now and be saved!

I love you with all my heart,

Mom
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Wow...talk about brainwashed and parroting bullshit!!

I think as much of an effort as you are making to reconcile yer Mom to yer pot use, it is a lost cause.....if she thumped her Republican approved Bible any harder you wouldn't be able to hear anything she sez......

Ask her how moral it was for missionaries to replace thousands of years of cultural evolution and knowledge with a Bible and a bottle of whiskey in the name of Jesus .........see if she can answer that one with a straight face and some more self-righteous bullshit.

You see, she is not actually discussing anyting with you....her mind is made up: pot is evil, immoral and Jesus hates you for smokin' big spliffs.....period.

The illogical, bigoted, inflexible and obstinate attitude held by your mother and most foaming-at-the-mouth Bible thumper types like her can best be expressed by this church billboard (which never fails to appall, frighten and disgust me):

picture.php

Please realize that there is no arguing with people like this......it's like trying to talk Hitler into loving Jews and blacks, or convincing an Amish elder to get a cellphone and a tattoo. You cannot have an intellectual argument/debate with someone who's mind is made up before they open their mouth.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts