What's new

Most giggly / fun landraces?

RenaissanceBrah

Hello all, was hoping to get some feedback from you guys, trying to learn as much as I can about landraces to help preserve them and have seeds ready for growing this summer.

Along with searching for a clear, uplifting high, was also wondering which landraces provide the funnest, most giggly highs.

Would those also be the Mex / South American sativas? (Acapulco Gold, Panama Red, etc)?

Was hoping to find a strain with those qualities, (fun, giggly) that isn't too paranoia-inducing. (A "friendly" high, if you will).

Many thanks for any feedback, I know I been posting a lot on here, sorry for asking so many questions.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Good question but I haven't got the answer. Grew some in the mid 80s that was laughing pot every time you smoked it. Got stolen and lost the genetics unfortunately.

Hope someone has an answer. Tried Laughing Buddha from Barneys, but no laughter was to be had. Disappointing.

romanoweed

haha, that was a smilingpill reading laughning buddha didnt make you smile.

Da We Dalat , and the outcross of Da We Dalat to Congolese were reported to make giggly. is it the most giggly, i dont know, but was mentioned

B

Benny106

I have had some wacky weed style giggles with south americans, africans and crosses of the two. In my case the panama, punto roja and congolese cultivars particularly.

This is not an exaustive list and a lot comes down to set and setting, this is one of my favourite trait to have in an cannabis experience nect to pain relief.

midwestkid

Veteran
I see Congolese mentioned twice already but have no personal experience with it.
Just wanted to keep this going because who doesn't want to laugh.

RenaissanceBrah

I have had some wacky weed style giggles with south americans, africans and crosses of the two. In my case the panama, punto roja and congolese cultivars particularly.

This is not an exaustive list and a lot comes down to set and setting, this is one of my favourite trait to have in an cannabis experience nect to pain relief.

I've been hearing good things about those 3 strains - I was eyeing Snowhigh's Panama Red or his Punta Roja. What would you say the differences between those 2 strains are?

I got some Congo regular seeds from Ace Seeds I want to run, but I think my heater got too hot and might have toasted the seedlings

I see Congolese mentioned twice already but have no personal experience with it.
Just wanted to keep this going because who doesn't want to laugh.

Very very true. I have to ask my gf about what we smoked in Mexico last year... I was laughing so hard for about 15 min straight, I couldn't even say anything that whole time.

Good question but I haven't got the answer. Grew some in the mid 80s that was laughing pot every time you smoked it. Got stolen and lost the genetics unfortunately.

Hope someone has an answer. Tried Laughing Buddha from Barneys, but no laughter was to be had. Disappointing.

I heard Barneys made some Acapulco Gold too, they got my money, I thought I was buying the real deal :(. Supposedly people love their Dr. Grinspoon though

Popey

Veteran
Congo was actually giggling. But I've only tried Congo from Ace and probably everyone knows it's not landrace. I had some landraces mexicans and they certainly weren't giggling. Just like Durban. But Mexico is big and there are many strains.
Manipuri (Asia) was a bit of a giggly.

RenaissanceBrah

Your plant might not be too bad, the Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold is allegedly Reeferman's Apple Pie, which is Acapulco Gold x Highland Nepal. Still worth growing out, IMHO.

Interesting, I've heard it had a pretty indica effect, so I wasn't sure. Someone told me it was just a mix "in the spirit of Acapulco Gold", but I didn't know it might have some genuine AG genetics.

xerb

I think you may be looking for a more powerful hallucinogen.

How far are you from Colorado?

Sorry, just couldn't resist ;)

wutwut

Veteran
i think it's pretty much about the moment, but some genetics might trigger it more easily.. in example, if a person smokes everyday and does same things all the time, how it can be giggly? but when that person goes outside and change some routines, things might start to look funny. also everything new or remembering something old can bring the giggles. but yeah, definitely some strains can make it too and that's what i'm missing. many strains can make smile, but rarely they give me that hysterical laughing. i think south american and south-east asian genetics have potential for that. african too.

Lebanizer

I've had bursts of unmotivated laughter from ACE/CBG Panama.

Panama though is not exactly a landrace per se but a 3 way hybrid of 2 Panamas and one Colombian.

Last edited: