What's new

Mosca's C99 BX smoke report

G

Guest 18340

Twisty Turvy is right, this is one beautiful roller coaster ride.
Well done Mosca! I give this strain :yes::yes:. Unless I find a better pheno in my new seedlings, this pheno will be in my garden for years to come.
solarz, way back when I was in prison in Jersey I did time with a small time mob associate from philly, he was in for running numbers. He used to always say to me "if somebody does something to you, you get em back twice as bad, they kill your cat, you kill their dog". As it should be, imo:joint:

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice report evlme2 was there much difference in the other phenos how were they compared to the keeper...?

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
This pheno gave me 4oz dried.

ok wow ...sounds pretty good for the size "looking" plant.....is that your style of growing? or do ever grow bushes?....would be interesting to see the yield of a say 18" W x H vegged bush :woohoo: HH. =]-~

dogscot

Hey evlme. That looks amazing man. My buddy was growing those out but had to give up halfway through for living condition reasons. Would have liked to see if his turned out as amazing as yours. Well done.

G

Guest 18340

**One of the 4 phenos turned deformed and was put out when she was 6" tall. Lets not count her, for the sake of answering questions easier**

wheelchair, all 3 phenos were put to flower at approx 12". After a week it was pretty clear who the stretcher was.
They ended up being (from small/tall) 3', 3-1/2' and 5'. The 3-1/2ft'r was the keeper.

BENJI, of the other two pheno's, one molded so badly that all I had left by day 52 was 2 lower branches. The hash is great but the smoke is just ok. She smelled fruity/tropical with a hint of pineapple.
The other stretched to 5 feet and was very Sativa in structure. Her smell was fruity/tropical/spice, hints of pineapple. The smoke is good don't get me wrong, better than good in fact (VERY racy, where as the pineapple pheno is more trippy), but the pineapple pheno is in a class all alone.

happyherb, these were run as is from seed, no tying/training/topping/etc. Normally I try and do sea of green style. Thats the way these are going to get run in a few weeks.
I put a some clones outside a few eeks ago to judge what height to start flower and it seems they don't stretch as much from clone. I think a 1' clone will give me a 2' flower.
Pictures don't do it justice, this thing has incredible size nuggets and the cola is as round as a cola can.
Also this pheno's tops of all the buds and cola are wide and dome shaped, not pointed. I don't know if thats a pineapple pheno trait or just this particular plant, but something interesting to lookout for.

dogscot, thanks for the compliment. Shame your buddy lost his. I strongly recommend your buddy buy another pack when they're available, this pineapple shit is wicked good.

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
ok no probs...i usually top about the 8th node (clone)...start snapping down the branches when there is some growth...8th node gives 16 branches...so i used to get 16 colas aprox 1 oz each then theres the pop corn..all that from vegn to 18"...thats sorta why i was askn...growing straight c99 from seed( most seedlings the bx1 and one wally 4 weeks 12/12) now trained a little but would have been 5 foot or more i guess....hope to do a hydro run as mentioned above...only done c99 x sk#1 before and got 1 1/2 pound hydro...was just questioning you to give me some sort of idea...thanks .HH. =]-~

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
hello evlme !

very nice grow, and good pick with the c99...i ve smoked hundred of different buds, and the c99 is one of the tastiest, most complex; that's for sure... the C99 i grew, from female seeds, had this pineapple smell, but not that much in taste...i would have described her as spicy/incense/almond/pineapple, but still i know i missed to put in word some part of that taste..

i smoked some C99 with wallyduck last year, and could recognise it without being told about the strain, it had this incredible "3 way taste" as i call it. I noticed that the taste change from inhale, to keeping it in the lung, than exhale. you got 3 very different tastes... something incredible and that made me enjoy the c99 sooo much, and that i ve very rarely found on other strains

I ve growned and smoked a vietnam black C99 which had this three way taste, and also was one of the tastiest herb i ve come along... and one of the strongest... imagine c99 mixed with some serious spicey vietnam black, tasted like a meal with a lot of herbs, still you could notice the C99 was there, for the indoor grown... the high was more thai, very very long (up to 6 hours), i had to be carefull smoking this particular individual^^ for heavy sativa smokers only^^

enjoy your next selection! i guess everything that as c99 in it will be killer bud ! that's interesting that this is such a rare phenotype, but still enough dominant in the genes to transfer it to its progeny !

++

G

Guest 18340

happyherb, I like your idea of topping and tying. All 3 phenos had lower branches that had nuggets so heavy that the branches almost bent to the floor. Check the pic of the whole plant, look at how the lower branches hang.
Also, and I don't know if this is a c99 trait, bx trait, or just luck of the draw but no pheno gave me more than an eighth of popcorn bud. Not even an eighth. In fact, the smallest bud on the lowest branch of the pineapple pheno was the size of a golf ball. Literally, same round top as a golf ball.
One thing is for sure, these things are yielders! The pheno that molded on me would've easily gave me 5oz.
I was amazed at the amount of weight and trichs (they get ridiculously sticky!) these things piled on, especially for such a short flowering time.

titoon29, I think you'd really love the flavor of this pheno, the smell transfers to taste quite well.
That spicy/incense taste was prevalent in the 5' Sativa pheno. She is much more racy than the pineapple.
It is my understanding that Mosca aimed at making it easier to find pineapple in his bx's. I was skeptical at first, but I'm sitting here right now at 9:28 in the morning smoking a joint of her with my wife. This is the real deal. My wife says it is the best herb shes ever smoked.
Complex is a good word to describe the high.

natrone23

oooooooooooo man nice pheno it looks to have almost everything, yield, flower time and that up high:abduct: and smell............looks like it will do real well in SOG

man i need some C99

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, completely excited really nice plant man. I got 6 fems from a flypack. I really hope I get a pineapple pheno! I vegged mine to 20 some inches so this is going to be interesting lol. I had no idea cindy stretched and yielded like that.

G

Guest 18340

Thanks guys :)
Yeah, the 5ft Sativa surprised me too. The pineapple pheno was 3-1/2 ft tall but oh so heavy. Im serious, these are some dense sticky buds.
I'm thinking of snatching a fly pack myself 40Amps', I'd love to see what comes outta yours.
Based on this first experience with Mosca's gear, Im inclined to give more of his gear a try.
Can't say enough good things about this strain folks.