What's new

Mosaic Virus in Cannabis pics

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^that looks more like nute burn & temp issues than anything else.
the wet dirt is whats telling me that anyways.... maybe the dirt wasnt mixed and theres a patch of concentrated ferts???

am I the only person whos "seen" the "virus" (its symptoms to be exact) move aka travel from one plant in a container to another plant in a different container?

^^mixed up the dirt really well. no big chunks of fert. been running pure h20 the last few days, thinking it was nute burn. but as of today i've noticed stunting and contorting of the leaves.. i just started the earth juice nute line, still dialing it in. im hoping its that. guess ill find out after running just water for a few more days.

**curling of leaves started today as well.

BlindDate

Veteran
This has been dogging me for the last year. Thought it was aphids but these clones are only a few weeks after being planted in pure coco. They came right out of the aero clonner and even then had the dryness. No bugs.

picture.php
[/url]

Last edited:
First picture

First picture

Can't blow up first picture. To me that one would be the closest to the "mosaic pattern". Until they grow a little larger I can't give my option. If you start to see streaking or a blotching with patches of yellow in a sort of pattern. Mine ,on some of the larger leafs almost looked like a "checker board" pattern. But there some variations in mosaic Virus's some are barealy noticed some are really obvious. Some people have broad mites. But if you did what I did and spent hours of your time with a 60x mircroscope looking carefully at every part of the plant and can't find one single mite you could have a form of "Mosaic" but from these pics I can't tell. Noticable "blistering" is another thing to look for. They look very unhealthy to me, could be something else heat/ph/ lock-out. Time will tell. All the very best.

dankhank73

I know what is going on its not a virus. It is the air is no longer neutral they are currently spraying aluminum,barium and sulfur. I was not having these problems until I started taking air from outside. Then the problem started. Its part of the geo-engineering project they say they are not doing.Chemtrails

dankhank73

Look up Geo engineering "chemtrails" they are currently spraying aluminum barium and sulfar to combat global warming if you believe that shit. The air outside is no longer neutral. I have no idea how to get aerosols out of the air.

dankhank73

I think that it is chlorosis which is a condition of a plant yellowing due to inadequate formation of chlorophyll: it is caused by nutrient deficiency ,often iron or ph imbalance. That was the definition out of the growers Bible. Jorge

G

guest194

I to have the Chem D it showed really bad (tmv?) symptoms but after taking cuttings from the healthy part of the plant the virus has gone and not come back. To me it shows it must have been a virus and not genetic. Passed this Chem D around and no signs of the virus have been seen since.

diseased plant

diseased plant

Hi fellow members. Any ideas as to what is wrong with these plants. The plants shown started out healthy. Leave margins turned up wards showing underside of leave which turned a bright grey colour. Thanks for the input.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Greenplanet, I had some of those symptoms when I had broad mites really really bad. Check out the Broad Mite thread in this sub-forum. I hope you dont have them, but definitely check there first. Their invisible to the naked eye, so you'll need a 40x scope or better.

Again sorry guys. Will get it right - working on this web sit. Yes Dave will check out the broad mite idea thanks. First grew plants outside from seed, then took clones and then put these indoors. The problem seems to come and go. Clones used as flowering plants indoors was a disaster while the once outside seemed to "cope" Put those from indoors outside again and then they seemed to be "healing" Shot, really appreciate all your generosity, patience and help. From the southern Hemisphere

I have been advised that the plant (planted from seed) may be nutrient sensitive and thus the result above. I can note that the plant did recover over a 6 week period. Thanks

slshemup

also plant mosaic viruses can be killed at high tempratures as long as the temp is above 85 celcius for two hours so i cant see it being killed at 45 celcius at all.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I've a chocolope mom that fell to mosaic virus eventually and was really about to get burned.. After reading a book i've got on the applications of essential oils I was looking for an oil to add to a mixture for topical application that was anti-virus and settled on Thyme oil. This led me to mix-up essential oils to spray for experimental insect repellents to spray in my greenhouse which has resident wild birds/freinds and perennial food/fruit/herb crop, which was getting nailed by stinkbugs and cats. The birds loved the bugs but buds didn't. Which actually worked, except for the mites, a eucalyptus/Rosemary/thyme/lavender oil/ethanol/ wetting agent mixture. Adding neem oil did the mites in. So back on subject.. This made me wonder about the anti-viral aspect of thyme, since the stuff worked for the bugs. So I sprayed my moms and low and behold all the new growth from the choco was virus free, glowing and healthy. The older mosaic-ed growth has dropped off and the plant looks new again.. I am also not sure which oil fixed the problem, or which combination, but one could work out easily.

Stoked I am.. I was always taught from veg farming days that mosaic was a plants death sentence. Now one could incorporate a preventative strategy involving cheap and available methods.