What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

moonshine mix

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
The company that packs Fox Farm's Chunky Perlite is an operation in Portland, Oregon - Premier Perlite.

It ain't a big f*cking deal. This type of perlite is generally marked for concrete applications. IOW this is NOT some kind of horticulture wonder - it's just a f*cking bag of large perlite with their logo pasted on the bag.

Check with the Perlite Institute for a local manufacturer and when you contact them tell them that you want the 'big perlite' for laying concrete clocks, walls, etc.

Save yourself some serious money.

HTH

CC

AlwaysDreamin

Can i apply Peace of Mind at flower as a top dressing and water it in i ask because i will be transplanting outdoors and veggin in my final pot before flowering comes

I've had poor results with some of the FF soil myself ... fungus gnats and instability with the MSM.

I understand it is very strain dependent as well but this soil is not the "magic bullet" some think it is.

It works ... but you need to watch out for Nitrogen DEFs and nitrogen lockout from high phosphorous too. I've had way too many yellowed fan leaves fall off in this mix that is supposed to be "turn key" autopilot.

its def no majic bullet, overpriced nonsense

SMOKINGREEN

Just started some Ak48 and White Rhino in MM,and looking great..I used MM 6yrs ago and it produced by far the best tasting herb I ever smoked..looking forward to this harvest..

true grit

Veteran
Any pics in this bizzle of some finished product? Ive run Sub's super soil (dig it), have a part of batch still mixed for next run but not enough for the full run...am considering doing half MSM and half Sub Soil.

Couple ideas of what I may add, anyone else- more than likely rock phosphate, dolomite lime, possibly guano tea mid or use of HPK (needed?), or at the mix time possibly powdered humics?

If not will probably add just water with Kelp, Dark Energy and Humic12 once a week... any thoughts from users who mix it up?

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Any pics in this bizzle of some finished product? Ive run Sub's super soil (dig it), have a part of batch still mixed for next run but not enough for the full run...am considering doing half MSM and half Sub Soil.

Couple ideas of what I may add, anyone else- more than likely rock phosphate, dolomite lime, possibly guano tea mid or use of HPK (needed?), or at the mix time possibly powdered humics?

If not will probably add just water with Kelp, Dark Energy and Humic12 once a week... any thoughts from users who mix it up?

it's enough food for about 60 days worth of flowering.. might need to amended a bit if they are gonna go longer than 70.. I add kelp to whatever I 'm using, well because kelp is the shit.

true grit

Veteran
Thanks Funk. Think I will give it a go. Will probably add rock phosphate and powered humic at mix up, and drop em some kelp, dark energy and bud candy once a week. If thats all i gotta mix the first run, that i can do. If i use it, it will be same strains split between sub mix v. msm mix, so ill post back thoughts in a few months.

Mt Toaker

So is this Black Gold that they talk about on the first page that black stuff with the lilly on the package? If you read other posts it says nothing like black gold but the mix is going to be a little short I think and if I were to add it I could get the little bit more of substrate that I need. . . Or should I just do 2 full moonshine mixes?

F

Fastcast

Yes it is the one with the Lilly on it.Never used it but should work.Last time I saw it it was $25.00 for a 1 1/2 cf.Little high if you ask me.Don't think I ever heard anything bad about it.Good luck with it and safe groing.

Mt Toaker

Good to know. I'm going to be mixing in several mycorrhizae products and maybe extra EWC, not sure. I've used the mix without the black gold before and had great success. I can't wait to get this stuff together I think I'm going to mix it up today so I can let it sit in the kiddie pool for a couple weeks while I wait for equipment to get here.

F

Fastcast

Ya the mix I'm getting ready to use has been brewing for about a year.So should be pretty good.Can't go wrong with EWC.

Eli Bloom

hey i'm sure that this has been asked before but i'm having a hard time figuring it out--the peace of mind is referenced as only for flower...does that mean it doesn't get added into the soil when you're mixing it all up? does it get top dressed at flower? or mixed in with the water? or do you throw it on in there when mixing up the dirt?

F

Fastcast

Just mix it in your flower soil before you transplant.Let it sit for awhile then pot up.Then you can top dress when the nutes run low.I like to use Guano in veg and flower.I have a lot of goodies in my soil.Organics is the only way to go.Safe groing and good luck with it.

Eli Bloom

thanks fast cast! one more quick question:

do i have to bubble the water since this is organic and uses microhizzae? (or however it's spelled!)

F

Fastcast

If your adding nutes to the water you can but not a must.Just stir it often.Nothing like the smell of Organics.Good luck.

Eli Bloom

i'm planning on just water unless i see any deficiencies. getting my clones today, really stoked to try this mix. i'll be running:

sour grapes aka grape stomper (sour diesel x chemdog x purple elephant)
sweet cindy (Cindy99 x Sweet Tooth)
green hulk (Martian Mean Green x Chem4)
and (Jack Herrer x Kushage)

i'm going to do them outdoors here in arizona where the temps are nice and sun shines every day. i'm going to bring them inside at night during veg and throw them under a T5 but other than that and the occasional neem spraying it will be just sunshine and water.

F

Fastcast

That sounds like a real all star line up.I would be very interested in the results!Safe groing