What's new

moonshine mix

1/2 cup eh? that's a lot of dry food. but i guess it is all dried up organic goodies not some concentrated dry chemicals. i think i will play around with more POM-F&F at 30 days, maybe even a bit earlier like 25 days. i will also try some liquid nutes at around that time - i've got some fish emulstion as well as EJ grow and bloom.

i noticed lots of people using larger sized pots, too. i do the 1-gal bags because i like to get around 15 plants in my footprint. i just wish the grow bag company would make a 2-gal bag that had the same diameter as the 1-gal bag - so it's just like a double tall 1-gal. since they are cheap i tried cutting the bottom off of one and duct taped it to another one underneath it. i'll let you all know how it goes.

mysta177

Hydrofome420 said:
Hey Mysta, I went a got the Light warrior, and planting mix, I have to wait untill next week for the Ocean forest.
Will this be good enough for veging untill I get the ocean forest, and use it when I get to flowering?
Thanks again for the help.
PS I also got the Peace of mind.
HydroF
.....what up bro? Ive never used just that combo BUT I do know just light warrior with some nutes work just as good if not better for veg. Jds moms look insane....always green green green and big big big..lol. So yea that mix with the lw and pm just might be sum special. The hard part is going to be finding the right nute dosage.Let us know. Its nice to know that lime shows no effects... Any more of ya mixing with lime? well here are some shots of

HighonPottery said:
i just wish the grow bag company would make a 2-gal bag that had the same diameter as the 1-gal bag - so it's just like a double tall 1-gal. since they are cheap i tried cutting the bottom off of one and duct taped it to another one underneath it. i'll let you all know how it goes.
Me too. I have taped those before its works good just rem to tape from the inside also. :joint:

What up G8? Hows the mid weather treating ya now days? :joint:

:wave: what up to all you other moonshiners? :joint: :joint:

Edit.....I just weant to state that every strain that I have grown THE TASTE is always somthing special. And no Im not talking about my opinion....im talking about opinions of friends and fellow Icers that I have had the pleasure of meeting. I do nothing but add H2O its amazing. I just am now looking for the insane yielding nice tasting strain.....like green crack or orange kush or SFVOG :chin: well no soon cuz this is my next grow...man im so fckn lucky :joint:

=the latest enjoy.....
9005maryx_080.jpg

9005maryx_065.jpg

9005maryx_051.jpg

9005maryx_040.jpg

9005maryx_037.jpg

9005maryx_023.jpg

Last edited:

TokenBlackGuy

I found a new watering toy.. and its very cheap at $10-15.. Its a Cepia battery operated sprayer.. I found mine at meijer for $10 because they are 20% off right now..heres a small pic

it has a 12 inch wand to get to the corner plants and holds a gallon of water.. the top also connects to gallon jugs so you dont have to use their akward shape container.. I might even connect this sprayer to a five gallon jug since thats about how much i use a week.. Only thing i would be wary about is battery life which uses 4 AA.. but since i already have a stock of rechargeable batteries for my bluetooth keyboard and mouse, im not too worried..

there website is www.cepiallc.com to check out their other products..

or you could get a pump garden sprayer (the type used for pesticides) at home depot or wallys for like $8 new. they have like an 18" wand and hold 2gal or so, they also don't require batteries.

pizzadude

here's some of BOGs sour bubble bx3(from sbay), two phenos pictured. first time soil grow with Moonshine Mix and tons of advice from MM, Mysta and others :)

G

gratefuldawg

Wow, talk about hash trim Pizza Dude, snowed in your garden.

Mysta is one of those the SFV? How is she by the way?

Lets see how I do...
the first pic looks like a diesel cross??
second pic looks like SFV??
third-5th looks like bubba??
and 6th SFV??

What does he win?...............................NOTHING!!!..Absolutely NOTHING!

FYI, don't buy one of those garden sprayers, I bought one thinking I could easily water my plants..ya it'd be pretty easy, but it'd also take all f-in day. Best thing you can do for a nice hand watering system is a water pump with a hose.

mysta177

Damn .....pizza.....look Dankas hell brotha keep it up.
#1&2.sssdh
#3-5. Jds Kush "originalOG"
#6. Is unknown..said it was headband? Dank as hell and taste citrus fuel whateva it is.
He wins.....summmmm rep. lol

okay here we go! id just like to introduce myself to this tread by saying i have just finished reading all 25 pages of it and taking notes for the last two days. NICE!

anyways, futhermore i want to add that i decided apon the 3 part mix before discovering this beautiful thread last week. i use POM and chunky perlite as well.

my set up just started flowering last week in 3 gal containers. 10 special NL clones and four seeds: bullrider, NL (amsterdam), bigbud (amsterdam), and a very small special leppard kush strain. :)

Ive moved the 4 seed strains into another room back under florecents to sex. i did this because im very scared of ruining this harvest and ive neer grown from seed.
the 10 NL clones are about 30" tall and under one 600 watt digital hps.

i guess if i had any questions at this point it would be, do i have enough light (600 watt digital) to bud 10-14 20"-30" plants depending on how many males of course?

also, i feel as if they are going to want to be transplanted to at least 4 gallons soon or in a few weeks. any ideas?

in conclusion, WOW! this stuff is great! i could be called a very smart "beginer" but i know im on to something with this. hidden guenius, haha. my close friends all told me "why soil?" or "dude, your gonna get bugs!" oh well, i did it for taste and quality! we'll see...

Last edited:

pumpkin2006

I have a friend that does a lot of hydroponics with coco and I was talking to him about growing in this wonderful mix. I described it to him and he said, "why would you do that?" He claims that the yield would be compromised and that the quality wouldn't be as good.

I mean honestly, compared to hydro is it true that your quality and yield are going to be less? My gut instincts tell me that the yield will be about the same or maybe a little bit less but the quality will be threw the roof. Am I right?

ive read in this thread that MSM gets as much yield as hydro and way better taste/look/quality. now thats what im going for here.

my view is that once you realize that organics actually smoke proper and chem dosen't; youll be on my couch in no time. :yoinks:

BBWluva

hightimes

hightimes

could someone please tell me what issue of hightimes this soil mix was in.i really want to order the back issue. please only reply if you know the exact issue,i don't want to order the wrong one.i think somebody said it was in 05' sometime... thanks for your help

Quality over Quantity any day thats why i am headed straight to the hydro shop after this post to get some of this great mix..... Thank You!! MoonShine keep it up and get well.........Peace.

i have 10 clones 24"-35" (NL) at day 5 flowering under a 600 watt lumatek (blue) w/ sper hps eye hotiux blub.

plus i have 4 different seed strains in another room flowering under cfl while they show sex signs.

all 14 plants are in 3 gallon buckets to be tranfered into 4 gallon next week.

my real question is, do i have enought room/light? oh yea, im working in a 2x6 area.

should i get rid of a few small plants and the males of course. my goal is to put the female seed strains back under hps light once they show sex.

how much is too much? please help!

G

gratefuldawg

Why are you transferring form 3 to 4 gallon? I wouldn't risk the stress especially in flower to upsize one gallon. REZ and a lot of people here finish in 3 gallons. I only grow 6 plants which is BS cause I smoke more then that, and they fill up my 4x4 hydrohut. I also LST the shit outta them though. 14 plants in a 2x6 seems like a lot?