What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monsanto Poised To Take Over the Weed Industry

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

I keep hearing GMOs are bad but no one really elaborates on why they are bad. also, if they did make a pest resistant plant, it would be really tempting to grow.

I would also have to agree with the above poster about them using this more for hemp rather than cannabis.

I just saw a video about the neem tree which a pesticide company tried to patent but local farmers protested and the courts denied the patent.

O

OGShaman

I keep hearing GMOs are bad but no one really elaborates on why they are bad.

When protesters come to town to protest Monsanto the reporters love to ask them 2 questions. 1) What is a GMO? and 2) Why is it dangerous? They always fail miserably of course. Or at least the people that make the news do.

I accidentally took a wrong turn the other day, and I pulled into Monsanto's campus to turn around. As soon as I pulled in there was a sign that said I was being monitored by radar. That was kind of creepy. But I imagine they get a lot of threats.

JointOperation

gmo cannabis is already available in Uruguay .. and guess who is leading the shit.. MONSANTO.

http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine....tically-modified-marijuana-brand-uruguay.html

seriously.. its happening.. I don't care what people say. its like anything else... the only reason to start the legalization project.. is because the project of patenting GMO cannabis is in the works . and Monsanto plans to TAKE OVER the ENTIRE CANNABIS INDUSTRY. ONE GROW AT A TIME..

look it up.. Uruguay has already started producing plants with no high .. that are GMO.. that are guess what.. Monsanto... yay.....

some people just haven't even done the research to back it up.

JointOperation

gmo is dangerous.. like ur saying breeding plants that are bug and rot resistant. is amazingly cool and would be great for everyone.. but there is usually a trade off.. like certain diseases or cancers end up being the results from the GMO plants.. and once gmo genetics are introduced to someones outdoor grow.. say it gets pollinated.. if Monsanto knows ur growing.. they can test ur genetics.. if they have anything of theres in it . all of that shit is THERES NOW..... look into the dangers of GMO CORN..

and it will help u understand why its not the greatest idea.. we have plants already that bugs don't like.. shit.. if u find plants that STINK in VEG.. usually those don't get attacked by bugs as much.. atleast from what ive seen my stinky vegging plants.. don't get nearly as fucked with ..

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I keep hearing GMOs are bad but no one really elaborates on why they are bad. also, if they did make a pest resistant plant, it would be really tempting to grow.

I would also have to agree with the above poster about them using this more for hemp rather than cannabis.

I just saw a video about the neem tree which a pesticide company tried to patent but local farmers protested and the courts denied the patent.

It's not necessarily the GMO food itself that is the worst part of it, it is the toxic Round Up Ready herbicide that all of the GMO crops are sprayed with also known as Glyphosate. The plants themselves have been spliced with the DNA of herbicide resistant soil bacteria to create plant/bacteria hybrids that can resist large doses of herbicide where as all other plants in the field cannot and all other competing plants die off.

Many countries around the world including Russia and India have banned the use of GMO crops.

Also as pertaining to the court system, you cannot fight monstanto in court. Monsanto has the courts bought an paid for and cannot be held responsible for any health damages that could be caused from their chemicals and gmo plants.

Also, Monsanto uses patented marker genes in their plants, if monsanto brand plants cross pollinate a non gmo field of another farmer, and Monsanto detects their gene in a random test, Monsanto can stake claim over the farmers entire crop. This exact thing has happened in Canada and when brought to the Canadian supreme court the court sided with monsanto.

You cannot win against Monsanto, and any state that tries to pass GMO labeling bills promptly get a laws suit from Monsanto.

So in the end we can take from it that if GMO plants werent so bad why go thru such trouble to hide the truth and resist labeling.

Also, studies done in France have indicated rats fed GMO corn developed tumors all over their body. Monsanto is the devil, and the worst thing to ever happen to agriculture. They want all of the worlds farmers to be dependent on them, to buy all of their seed, fertilizer and herbicides and pesticides, this is about controlling the market completely.

The corruption and dirty deeds goes very deep with monsanto, these are just a few examples, I could literally write all day about the evil they do, but I suggest you do a little research yourself if it really interests you.

P.S over 90% of corn and over 90% of all soy bean plants are GMO, it's best to avoid all food made with either unless the food is certified organic.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
river rock and rare dankness are catching a ton of flak for their recent hiring of ex monstanto heads.

they issued statement claiming that monsanta is planning an entire takeover of the industry, with 4 active patents, and that they needed to hire Blackmon to help them fight corporate AG…

the days of our lives continues…..

fuck them all, id love to see those corporate fucks try to come to my garden and take my genetics, or say i can't grow. they will get a hot rifle barrel pointed at them..

Loose Cannon

"Custom" genetics, grown indoor will still be most sought after.
And who's to stop someone from pollinating the shit out of the outdoor fields?
Flyover unloading tons of pollen.
Surprised the gov never did this anyhow to fuck up the huge outdoors.

O

OGShaman

It's just not Monsanto that will get in on this game though. I've read everything from ex-Microsoft executives to venture capitalists from Silicon Valley are already in the planning stages. People like that are always going to jump head first into a new market where there is huge earning potential.

Cannavore

Veteran
river rock and rare dankness are catching a ton of flak for their recent hiring of ex monstanto heads.

they issued statement claiming that monsanta is planning an entire takeover of the industry, with 4 active patents, and that they needed to hire Blackmon to help them fight corporate AG…

the days of our lives continues…..

fuck them all, id love to see those corporate fucks try to come to my garden and take my genetics, or say i can't grow. they will get a hot rifle barrel pointed at them..

"Attention Patients & Patrons

This message is being brought to you by Tony Verzura, founder and owner at RiverRock & United Cannabis, to expand upon the rumors flying around that we have some how "joined" with Monsantos. This couldn't be farther from the truth, and I would like to explain the reasons behind the newly appointed financial advisor at United Cannabis John Hunter, and the interim CEO of Earnest Blackmon.
First, since the DEA is about to officially lose their financial support from the DOJ, the FDA is strongly considering rescheduling cannabis from a Class 1 to a Class 2. If that happens it is quit possibly the worse thing in the US for medical patients. Why? Because that will require all cultivation and distribution of cannabis based products used for "medical purposes" to be distributed thru outlets like Walgreens pharmacy. Every major pharmaceutical company and distributor outside the US is suiting up and getting into the industry. In fact, they are trying to control the industry to make it very very hard to even exist. United Cannabis has a bi-lateral partner in Canada with a state of the art facility already built to pharmaceutical specifications. You can tour this facility on UCANNTV (YouTube) to see the types of efforts we are making to not lose the opportunity to continue to help patients world wide with our natural product lines (non-gmo) cannabinoid based therapeutics developed for prevention, management, and regenerative medicine. These products are developed to help patients with chronic disease and cancer.

Secondly, Monsantos has already genome mapped 4 strains, filing patents on the plant, and implementing these strains into countries where medical cannabis is legal. GW has filed for inactive cannabinoid patents with all ratio's of CBD:THC and pushing to control many forms of cannabis based medicine with their patents in the US as of last week. If the FDA reschedule cannabis this would mean these companies would be in control of your medicine.
United Cannabis has formed a company with myself, the master grower at RiverRock, the guys who discovered stem cells currently running research and trials on natural based products at universities to fight chronic diseases and cancer. We formed a power horse of management, science, and processors from the industry to stand up against this movement so companies like Monsanto's will NOT have control. In order to give United Cannabis, and the team, and patients a fighting chance, United Cannabis took on John Hunter who ceased working for Monstanto's fiber division 17 years ago, and retired 10 years ago. He came to us to help United Cannabis fight back, and not get run over like 95% of our industry if this should happen. He was appointed as a financial advisor to help us form strategy against Monsanto's. Earnie Blackmon was appointed to interim CEO with John Hunter advising him on how to structure a public company for success against his former team mates. Essentially, we have hired on their X coach until we figure out the next moves being made at the government level. If any of you know RiverRock, United Cannabis, Rare Dankness, or myself you would certainly know we are the opposite of that company, but we will not allow them to force our industry to exile. We don not even release feminized seeds so you should already know where we stand. These are the facts, and I do hope this sheds some light on the subject. Many articles will be released thru familiar sources on this subject to help ensure we are fighting as hard as a company can fight for patients rights to access medicine their medicine."

Gry

Veteran
I have heard very credible people say things like everything they know about that outfit and those involved with it make them fear for the future.

Hiding, yep, just saw their power horse of management go riding by. Could not quite make out who was on it though.

devilgoob

Veteran
Actually, it can't all be bad.

Those genes controlling the chemotype are easily switched around, and are hard to mess up.

If they did modify it, it wouldn't be too unnatural.

They are also good breeders.

I am against GMO, for natural purposes.

That's like saying eating JUST CORN is good for you. GMO can increase a chemical in the food, or decrease, and if they're off balance, our body becomes off balance also.

So, tipping the balance a little bit, will do little harm.

I have to say, if you eat pure corn all the time, everyday, you will get cancer.

So feeding mice GMO corn, is not a good study.

If you eat just one of anything, you should hope for cancer.

Anyway, Monsanto will do biomarkers in genes and breed it successfully.

If they modifying the chemotype through genetics and splicing, well aiiiight. It is only the pathway and that is known. We know the end result.

Now if you changed something deep down, to make it produce more something inadvertantly, but these chemotype changes won't make it much out of the ordinary of what it was.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
gmo cannabis is already available in Uruguay .. and guess who is leading the shit.. MONSANTO.

http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine....tically-modified-marijuana-brand-uruguay.html

So that is the proof that Monsanto is making GMO Cannabis? A made up news story without a reporters tag line? Check and you will see it is made up. No problem I can see you do not need the facts because your mind is made up without any.....
-SamS

seriously.. its happening.. I don't care what people say. its like anything else... the only reason to start the legalization project.. is because the project of patenting GMO cannabis is in the works . and Monsanto plans to TAKE OVER the ENTIRE CANNABIS INDUSTRY. ONE GROW AT A TIME..

look it up.. Uruguay has already started producing plants with no high .. that are GMO.. that are guess what.. Monsanto... yay.....

some people just haven't even done the research to back it up.

That is for sure, take a look in the mirror to see one....
-SamS

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran
I figure if there is anyone who knows what up with cannabis in the near future, it would be Sam.

HunterJ

Is it possible a big business like Monsanto, with it's history in plant genetics and a proven rapacious appetite for profit through monopoly by predation, isn't interested in legal Cannabis?

I don't think so.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Does that mean they have made GMO Cannabis and are selling it in Uruguay?
Remember the "news" story????

I don't think so......

-SamS

HunterJ

I wouldn't know if they have or not. I don't think it matters so much, Monsanto is just a symbol of the rapacious ways of human nature and cannabis is the new boy on the block, ripe for the picking, exploiting. Plain as day. If they haven't already seen and planned for it they are remiss of their aims and objects.

Not something I'll be getting het up about, just planning for - if I want reliable seed long term.

O

OGShaman

There are about 20 companies that work in GMO (DuPont, Dow, BASF, Bayer, etc.) but Monsanto is the only one you ever hear people mention. If they do get into GMO Cannabis they will have competition.

Oh by the way, Doritos, Fritos, and Cheetos are GMO. That ruined my whole day.