What's new

monosilicic acid

Dr.Mantis

Yea I just had a 3 pack and the keeper wasn’t really like the description. They said it didn’t stretch much and that was a lie… she does have some gas on her. It really comes through in organic. Not so much without it tho. And yea the silica really helps her out. But I like her. She is just stretchy with weak limbs. I’m not running her right now but still have a cut I’ll probably run her again next run. I also over did the silica blast with her on 1 run and she held up better but the nuggets came out super hard. In a bad way. Literally had to tear them apart and now that I think of it the taste was a little off that run too. Tht taste could have been from too much silica or it also coulda been me not flushing good too. Idk really. But that’s how I learned to cut silica by day 28.
Lol I had a similar experience. I popped one seed as a tester, liked the look of the mom, so took two clowns and flowered them all. They stretched ALOT, and fell over pretty quickly in flower. I grow organic too, mine doesn’t smell sweet or fruity, but doesn’t smell gassy either. Very pleasant smoke though and a pleasant mellow stone. I still have some jars left, been curing for about 5 months now. My friends really like this one too, pretty potent. Not sure I’ll run it again anytime soon though.

Sorry for the off topic post everyone!

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I wouldn’t say he is Jesus but I would definitely say his word holds more weight than any random person on a forum. And I never heard him claim to discover wollastonite. He just said he uses and it works. And tells you how he uses it. At the end of the day I’m all for running a side by side and testing things for yourself.

You struck me as a missionary. I saw no difference between Fasilitor and Armor Si. Can't add wollastonite to hydro, even if I still ran promix it would still probably end up running off.

And the truth is there isn’t enough literature to prove or disprove MSA is better or worse than potassium silicate. So the best thing to do is to run side by side in your own setup and see how ir works and do what’s best for you. But don’t tell people it’s the same if you haven’t done the tests or haven’t seen the studies proving or disproving. That’s your opinion. But make that clear. It’s just an opinion.

Plant-available silicon is a real thing which can and has been measured and compared with some precision for a long time. Silicate is available as fuck at 100 ppm SiO2 or less and the usual pH, and it's no wonder why. Di and tri acid only forms above that concentration and are still available because they easily break down, and so do larger polymers up to some size.

And actually according to Bruce bugbee your trichome stalks are made of alotta silica.

OK I was sort of wrong and Bruce was sort of right, if you define trichome in a certain way. The Si is evenly distributed on the outer surface of the spiky unicellular nonglandular cystolithic hairs, which have CaCO3 on the inside at the base. There is little elsewhere. Presumably, if this Si was a health problem, we would have already heard.

Secondary and X-ray images of silicon of non-glandular hairs of Cannabis. Fig. 8-11. Fresh, live specimens without any treatment. 8, 9. Abaxial leaf surface. Note silicon localization only on hairs and also on a contaminant, perhaps a soil particle. x500. 10, 11. Two kinds of trichomes from adaxial leaf surface. Silicon is localized in both types. x520.

Attachments

• sio2.jpg
    sio2.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 51

Gooseman23

You struck me as a missionary. I saw no difference between Fasilitor and Armor Si. Can't add wollastonite to hydro, even if I still ran promix it would still probably end up running off.

Plant-available silicon is a real thing which can and has been measured and compared with some precision for a long time. Silicate is available as fuck at 100 ppm SiO2 or less and the usual pH, and it's no wonder why. Di and tri acid only forms above that concentration and are still available because they easily break down, and so do larger polymers up to some size.

OK I was sort of wrong and Bruce was sort of right, if you define trichome in a certain way. The Si is evenly distributed on the outer surface of the spiky unicellular nonglandular cystolithic hairs, which have CaCO3 on the inside at the base. There is little elsewhere. Presumably, if this Si was a health problem, we would have already heard.

Secondary and X-ray images of silicon of non-glandular hairs of Cannabis. Fig. 8-11. Fresh, live specimens without any treatment. 8, 9. Abaxial leaf surface. Note silicon localization only on hairs and also on a contaminant, perhaps a soil particle. x500. 10, 11. Two kinds of trichomes from adaxial leaf surface. Silicon is localized in both types. x520.
Nope not a missionary for anybody else. I’m a missionary of learn and then experiment for yourself. Anybody who tells you different don’t listen to them. But yes I know it is available but I believe it is more about the ph and the stability sitting in a Reservoir while also being more available. Also note we run different ways. So for me wollastonite is fine in coco/perlite in auto pots. There is no run off. So I should mention every perspective I have is either soil or coco. I never run truly hydro. Other than clones… but I’m not arguing you’re experience with armor si vs fascillitator. As I’ve said earlier there are so many variables that the best thing to do is test for yourself. We probably aren’t running the same humidity, temps, lights, tents, nutrients, strains, or even phenos… we also might not be growing for the same purpose. Maybe you go for terps, and I grow for CBD or THC. It’s too many variables. You could have one experience while I have a complete different one. And this is why it is best to try for yourself and always have a control to run side by side so you can actually see if it is better or not. Without the control you can easily trick yourself if you want to believe in a product.

Gooseman23

Lol I had a similar experience. I popped one seed as a tester, liked the look of the mom, so took two clowns and flowered them all. They stretched ALOT, and fell over pretty quickly in flower. I grow organic too, mine doesn’t smell sweet or fruity, but doesn’t smell gassy either. Very pleasant smoke though and a pleasant mellow stone. I still have some jars left, been curing for about 5 months now. My friends really like this one too, pretty potent. Not sure I’ll run it again anytime soon though.

Sorry for the off topic post everyone!
Because of our conversation I went ahead and threw 1 into flower. And mines is good smoke. Very pleasant. It was sweet and gassy in organic living soil. But it is more just gassy inside the nugs without that sweet in my hydro. except for when I ran it using mills nutrients.

Ras Mason

Veteran
from a foliar spray perspective. having tried almost every type of silicates out there....i can positevly say that i see a marked effect with GG when i floiar spray it until week 3.....at 0.5 ml per litre at 40% concentration, this is where you really see a difference.
imho

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
from a foliar spray perspective. having tried almost every type of silicates out there....i can positevly say that i see a marked effect with GG when i floiar spray it until week 3.....at 0.5 ml per litre at 40% concentration, this is where you really see a difference.
imho
Have you got a photo?

Tomatoesonly

What's interesting about all that, is that Harley Smith talks about how calcium is the real champ at cell building and strength of the cells. It makes me wonder how the combo of silica and calcium would be a one two punch of cell strength.
I saw very recently where Harley addressed this very idea. He says Calcium is the cement, and silica is the rebar. You can build without rebar just fine, but obviously you get a much better, stronger build if you add the rebar as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts