What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monkey Wrench Gang or The Real Awakening

h.h.

Veteran
...and most folks are ignorant.

Or they don’t like needless violence. As I asked before. Save the earth at what expense? Throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Its locals only. Surf your own beach attitude.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Or they don’t like needless violence. As I asked before. Save the earth at what expense? Throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Its locals only. Surf your own beach attitude.

Any expense but the earth. Now you answer mine from 2 posts previous.

h.h.

Veteran
Any expense but the earth. Now you answer mine from 2 posts previous.

War destroys not only humans, but everything in its path including the earth. I entertain previous comments about shooting at predator hunters. One becomes the predator hunter. There is no difference other than philosophy AKA religion.

I’m sorry I missed the question. If you could repeat it.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
War destroys not only humans, but everything in its path including the earth. I entertain previous comments about shooting at predator hunters. One becomes the predator hunter. There is no difference other than philosophy AKA religion.

I’m sorry I missed the question. If you could repeat it.

Not that sort of war

h.h.

Veteran
Only machinery was damaged. Which is worse? Violence upon machines or violence upon pristine forest lands and rivers you can drink from?

If I don’t like you cutting your grass, I blow up your tractor leaking fuel everywhere? There wouldn’t be violence?
Now is this about pristine lands or about the rights of the indigenous peoples? The two seem to get intermixed. This battle is not about the forests.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I don’t like you cutting your grass, I blow up your tractor leaking fuel everywhere? There wouldn’t be violence?
Now is this about pristine lands or about the rights of the indigenous peoples? The two seem to get intermixed. This battle is not about the forests.

too much California mindset, I guess...the forest for the trees. They are indeed intermixed since they kept them pristine for thousands of years. You still left the question unanswered by the way.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
But they don’t. They simply provide sympathy for the oil companies. Most folks don’t like violence.

NOBODY (except investors) has any sympathy for blood-sucking oil companies. even people that HAVE to have their product despise them. ask anyone at any gas station if they think they are being ripped off...

h.h.

Veteran
NOBODY (except investors) has any sympathy for blood-sucking oil companies. even people that HAVE to have their product despise them. ask anyone at any gas station if they think they are being ripped off...

How is life at the pumps? There is a lot of personal changes we could all make before resorting to violence and playing the blame game. We've let ourselves become dependent.

Three Berries

If you don't like the oil companies and gas stations wait until you have to rely on government controlled electricity for your energy needs!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
How is life at the pumps? There is a lot of personal changes we could all make before resorting to violence and playing the blame game. We've let ourselves become dependent.

$3.09 a gallon here, 15 cents per gallon less if i redeem a "gas visit" earned by shopping at my local grocery store. still driving the V-8, but have an older Nissan 4 cylinder ace in the hole. plus, i'm retired & don't really HAVE to go anywhere...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
in the first half of 2021 (last figures i could find), we (the US) exported more than we imported to the tune of 120,000 barrels daily, because the oil companies make more profit selling on the open world market. we "could" be energy independent if we refined it & sold it all here. instead, Big Oil subjects us to the whims of Saudi princes & Russian oligarchs to inflate their paydays. sounds "fair" i guess... anyone know what a gallon of regular costs in Saudi Arabia these days? i'll bet it is less than a buck ... yeah, i know they are a nationalized industry there. still...

buzzmobile

Veteran
It was more than a few years ago when the last number of the license plate on the car determined what day a person could fill that car with gas.
gas.jpg

h.h.

Veteran
$3.09 a gallon here, 15 cents per gallon less if i redeem a "gas visit" earned by shopping at my local grocery store. still driving the V-8, but have an older Nissan 4 cylinder ace in the hole. plus, i'm retired & don't really HAVE to go anywhere...

Working is expensive.

Latest posts

Latest posts