What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

money no drugs found

Been there, done that. You'll never get a dime back. Don't waste your time like I did going to court and fighting the pricks. Chalk it up as an "asshole moment" where ya let the pigs find and take your cash. Move on.
The shit is them being allowed to keep the cash just motivates them to grab all they can from anyone. Some agencies rely on it for their budget.

The Revolution

Veteran
Ive had somthing similar happen to me, where they took just under 10k. They gave me so long to dispute it, which I planned full well to fight as Ive heard the return rate is in the 90%. Ive also been told they have to prove it is drug proceeds, not the other way around. All u have to do is dispute it, most times they dont even try to fight it, they just count on a large number of ppl never even attempting to get it back.. cutting their losses. I know it wont be cheap for the lawyer, and it could take upto a year but I would for damn sure fight this. I personally missed my window of opportunity to dispute the seizure.. good luck I would say fight it for sure. Its you're money go n get it.

mowood3479

Veteran
Its possible (but not probable) ur friend can get it back... He would probably need to hire a lawyer... Document the legal way he came into possession of the cash... But it's a lot of hoops to jump thru.
They like keeping people's $ so they don't make it easy to get back.
Good luck

Tell me more about these "Cash Checkpoints" you speak of. Illegal search and seizure unless you're dumb enough to consent to a warrant-less search.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
It's pretty amazing in a supposed "free" country that you can't carry around any amount of cash you wish without it being deemed "suspected drug money".

This country is in a very sad state.

Maybe say you were preparing to go play a poker tourney in Vegas, or stake someone, something along those lines.

i'd be carrying a "pay to bearer" bank cashiers check if i was doing that. and it would NOT be in my wallet if worse went to worst...fucking cops are the worlds largest criminal gang...

Latest posts

Latest posts