What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

money no drugs found

Pigs pulled me over with well over 9999smakeroos. Any body been through this b4, just took it and off they went. How much. Will I get fined , can I get some back?

Perpetual Nooch

Next to no details to go on, but sounds like civil asset forfeiture.

You can try to get it back. It will be up to you to prove the money was not proceeds of crime.

Being $9,999, one dollar short of the $10,000 limit to report having that much cash, it will be seen as "possible" criminal proceeds. The cash will be considered "guilty" of a crime so they will confiscate (steal it) from you in a CIVIL action, not criminal. It is up to you to fight and prove you had the money legit...The cost and how is in your dime. The legal costs can easily exceed the amount taken. You can probably negotiate a partial return, allowing them to keep some of the money and screwing you. Also, in civil court...the burden of proof of wrong doing is a lot lower than in criminal court. Think of it as fighting a lawsuit.
Also, since 90% of circulated cash has detectible drug residual on it, expect that to be used for them not to return it.

Gry

Veteran
I can recall hearing the term "Commie Plot" tossed around often when I was a kid. I do not think I have ever heard of anything that would qualify better for that term than asset forfeiture. The more I think about it, the more evil and destructive it seems.

shithawk420

Veteran
Sorry to break this to you,but you just got robbed by the police.that money is long gone by now.unless you have some kind of reciept you are out of luck.sorry for your loss

MelloYello

Depends on who ends up with the cash.
I had close to $4K taken close to 30 years ago. It ended up with the Feds. At the time you had to put up 10% of amount being challenged to go to court and get it back.
I showed up and got the full amount back, The cash and the 10%, because nobody from the Feds showed up.
At the time the Feds would not even waste going to court for less than $10k cash or $20k property.

If it stays in the State and you are in California, you may also get it back. California civil court is a "clear and convincing" threshold that the money is dirty.

Haha not looking good. I'm super vague. I know, its for a friend and I don't want to blow up his spot. So yeah he was cleaner than skeeters peeper just in some hick as state in the lower 48. I think he can produce receipts for his work as he does grind his heart out. Man shit sucks sometimes one of the most Irie homies I know has bad luck retaining this evil green stuff cause this ain't the first time....plus his med connects are solid as fuk meaning don't wanna spook any of his buds that are on here, just a lil research to help him out.
Brothers and Sisters lets be smart about this. There ARE cash check points the man ain't stupid they know what's up IRS does em too I hear.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
its a bunch of bullshit if ya ask me...when did things get so bad ..how did we loose our freedom..sad day when you cant go out and do whatever with your own cash...when did it go from being innocent till proved guilty to guilty till proven innocent..yeehaw..organized crime is the powers that be ,,,time for a change..the biggest criminals are in power and they are definitely organized...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Agreed ST, its gone way to far. Someone takes my cash, they gonna meet some resistance. Getting robbed can happen by anyone, just cause they have a badge does not make it right. They can not prove you have stored money in a mattress. Get a lawyer and give em hell!

if you can somehow show that it was legal money.. then you can fight to try and get it back. otherwise you just been robbed by the nice civil asset forfeiture laws.. meaning U my friend are fucked.. real business men have a hard time getting it back nevermind illegal proceeds .. lol. not to mention. u will probably be watched now.. because that amount of money will be looked at as drug dealing or something illegal. so you will be watched.

Haha not looking good. I'm super vague. I know, its for a friend and I don't want to blow up his spot. So yeah he was cleaner than skeeters peeper just in some hick as state in the lower 48. I think he can produce receipts for his work as he does grind his heart out. Man shit sucks sometimes one of the most Irie homies I know has bad luck retaining this evil green stuff cause this ain't the first time....plus his med connects are solid as fuk meaning don't wanna spook any of his buds that are on here, just a lil research to help him out.
Brothers and Sisters lets be smart about this. There ARE cash check points the man ain't stupid they know what's up IRS does em too I hear.

even if he can prove the money is legal. he will be asked for a valid reason why he had it on him at the time of the stop... be sure to talk to a lawyer. if he gets popped with that much cash he should already of had a lawyer to begin with .:tiphat:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have had over 10k cash on me a few times lol...when I got my last ride I had 18k man would I of been pissed if some dickhead tried to take it..it wouldn't of gone well..good luck man..having a legal source of income and being able to prove it without too much legal counsel..as lawyers suck up cash ,,like a hoover does dirt..if it takes too long they should have to pay interest on it..

TheScrogFrog

It's pretty amazing in a supposed "free" country that you can't carry around any amount of cash you wish without it being deemed "suspected drug money".

This country is in a very sad state.

Maybe say you were preparing to go play a poker tourney in Vegas, or stake someone, something along those lines.

It's pretty amazing in a supposed "free" country that you can't carry around any amount of cash you wish without it being deemed "suspected drug money".

This country is in a very sad state.

Maybe say you were preparing to go play a poker tourney in Vegas, or stake someone, something along those lines.

if your rich and famous.. it is a free country.. lol.. these rappers drive around with hundreds of thousands in cash.. no problem.. its just the little guy that they want.. not the big real criminals.. look at the DEA agents who just got caught money laundering 70 million for drug dealers.. and took 3% for themselves.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Been there, done that. You'll never get a dime back. Don't waste your time like I did going to court and fighting the pricks. Chalk it up as an "asshole moment" where ya let the pigs find and take your cash. Move on.

if your rich and famous.. it is a free country.. lol.. these rappers drive around with hundreds of thousands in cash.. no problem.. its just the little guy that they want.. not the big real criminals.. look at the DEA agents who just got caught money laundering 70 million for drug dealers.. and took 3% for themselves.

It isn't just the USA. Italy stole $211,000 from Snoop Dogg because he was carrying too much cash.
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/aug/01/snoop-dogg-stopped-italian-police-cash-seized