What's new

Molasses ~ When & Why ?

mosess187

I for one said earlier in this thread that i bought my brer unsulfered blackstrap at HY-VEE grocery store....or you can google it...also i just took a look at the bottle and the only website info i seen was BGFOODS.com...i geuss it's an B&G product out of rosaland N.J, but when you do find the website it will have a bunch of stores were you can find there product in!

Gold123

I for one said earlier in this thread that i bought my brer unsulfered blackstrap at HY-VEE grocery store....or you can google it...also i just took a look at the bottle and the only website info i seen was BGFOODS.com...i geuss it's an B&G product out of rosaland N.J, but when you do find the website it will have a bunch of stores were you can find there product in!

brer rabbit and grandmas is the same company give them a call

G

good drown

grandma's molasses is $15 shipped for 24oz on ebay.
not sure if thats a good deal or not

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
This is what I use, not blackstrap BUT has all the goodies doesn't it?

attachment.php

Attachments

• molasses.jpg
    molasses.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 16

sito007

Try it you'll like it.

:1help:so,,this is used in the third week of flowering? now would it be used in watering only ? or can you use it as a "spray mist" the areas where the white hairs are forming bud? also could you just apply the molasses in the areas where the buds are forming? :1help: sorry if i sound like a noob ,just trying to learn.

hempknowsis

Has anyone ever done a side by side grow. One fed molasses, the other just regular ferts?

I'm curious how the taste and yield was affected.

Gold123

grandma's molasses is $15 shipped for 24oz on ebay.
not sure if thats a good deal or not

Please read the whole thread. You want blackstrap molasses. This is not a good deal it's not blackstrap.

Isn't the idea here to use the optimum products. Why use something that is not as good?

Only use molasses to water with add to your nutrients.

*mistress*

Veteran
:1help:so,,this is used in the third week of flowering? now would it be used in watering only ? or can you use it as a "spray mist" the areas where the white hairs are forming bud? also could you just apply the molasses in the areas where the buds are forming? :1help: sorry if i sound like a noob ,just trying to learn.
yes, you can foliar feed w/ molasses. can foliar the entire plant; here, in imagination, is done up until week 6...

ideally, want to spray underside of leaves. also, foliar feed should be @ ph 7.0+. can use couple drops of unscented baby oil for surfacant.

medmaker420 said:
This is what I use, not blackstrap BUT has all the goodies doesn't it?
that is blackstrap molasses...in fact, that is the best food grade blackstrap molasses on shelves, @ 730mg k, 115mg ca, b1, etc per tbsp.

wholesome sweeteners organic blackstrap molasses...
:yeahthatsis the stuff you want...
hempknowsis said:
Has anyone ever done a side by side grow. One fed molasses, the other just regular ferts?

I'm curious how the taste and yield was affected.
yes, but dont post pics of garden... have plants that only get molasses & myco - no traditional npk ferts... same vigor as reg ferted plants. more aromatic, cleaner taste, fuller terrior, more filling tomatoes:D... dont really measure y.eld...

other molasses options...:
http://www.organic-gardening-shop.com/agorganics/Product_Details.aspx?ProductID=116
NW008F.gif

there are several different brands. usually only ~10-12 coins per gallon...
food grade, hort, or animal grade can be foliar & media applied...

enjoy your garden!

*mistress*

Veteran
these are also options... available @ most hardware, outdoor, surplus, hunting, etc. stores... also seen in regular general stores in camping/outdoor section...

images

A liquid sweet treat that wildlife love and a natural hay and feed topper for livestock. Old fashioned feed grade molasses labels for both wildlife and livestock. Features the wildlife market on the front panel and livestock on the back panel. Pour over fruit, grain, hay, logs, & salt licks. Molasses, Propionic Acid. This Molasses Wildlife Feed Grade is one of many top quality items in our Dairy & Beef Supplements department.
made by same co, under different labels. evolved habitats wildlife & livestock molasses...
should be relatively easy to find, everywhere...
used to attract deer, etc...
pripionic acid is a preservative to stop mold. molasses does have shelf life. feed grade molasses used to make mash as well...

can use this as foliar, media feed, & to feed fermenting cheap c02...

enjoy your garden.

medmaker420

Veteran
I was just happy to see all the stuff I needed within the molasses I bought. I kept looking for anything that actually said "blackstrap" on it but never found it. Been using this stuff since the start and loved it.

Read this thread and heard "if it doesn't say blackstrap then it isn't the right stuff" SO I wanted to see if what I had was worth doing. From the % I see in the ingredients it looks like it has more than most of the good tasty stuff BUT since I didn't see the "blackstrap" I thought I was missing something.

So what I have IS blackstrap? even though it doesn't label it as such?

also -----

whats the name of it?

My first guess would be "Wholesome Sweeteners" Organic Molasses (shrug)

I love it lol.

*mistress*

Veteran
I was just happy to see all the stuff I needed within the molasses I bought. I kept looking for anything that actually said "blackstrap" on it but never found it. Been using this stuff since the start and loved it.

Read this thread and heard "if it doesn't say blackstrap then it isn't the right stuff" SO I wanted to see if what I had was worth doing. From the % I see in the ingredients it looks like it has more than most of the good tasty stuff BUT since I didn't see the "blackstrap" I thought I was missing something.

So what I have IS blackstrap? even though it doesn't label it as such?

also -----

I love it lol.
calculating npk/nutrient profile
here are the ppms of the wholesome sweeteners blacksptrap...

blackstrap is the last boil of to make sugar, etc... the least sweetest, most nutrient rich... depending on the mix, could have cane, sugar beet, citrus, wood, etc; as all of the ^ make molasses.

sugar industry makes many diff products... some are waste from other processes...

feed grade is measured by brix, ash, crude protein, etc... but can generally find the analysis. recall that human food must go thru labeling processes; mainly based on 2-2.5k calorie diet.

fwiw, most of the relevant #'s are in the ^link...

enjoy your garden!

medmaker420

Veteran
calculating npk/nutrient profile
here are the ppms of the wholesome sweeteners blacksptrap...

blackstrap is the last boil of to make sugar, etc... the least sweetest, most nutrient rich... depending on the mix, could have cane, sugar beet, citrus, distillers grain, wood, etc; as all of the ^ make molasses.

sugar industry makes many diff products... some are waste from other processes...

feed grade is measured by brix, ash, crude protein, etc... but can generally find the analysis. recall that human food must go thru labeling processes; mainly based on 2-2.5k calorie diet.

fwiw, most of the relevant #'s are in the ^link...

enjoy your garden!

I went to the site after I posted, yup blackstrap it is!

happy to know it for sure, woohoo.

in my last 3 weeks of this cycle currently and it will be used happily as with all my grows.

C

corkushy

grandmas also has
ROBUST unsulphured molasses
sodium:20mg
potassium:200mg
sugars:13g
calcium:6%
magnesium:8%
iorn:8%

a little better then the regular grandmas

Latest posts