What's new

Molasses+RO water for last 2 weeks?

J

J.C.grower

wahtsup my fellow noobs!:comfort: i am at day 47 of 12/12 and my pk has about 10 days till harvest, ive been feeding her for the past week with water + molasses, my question is; should i continue with water+molasses, or should i change it to straight R.O. water. I am using Soil, and i use General Organic nutrients.
Thanks
JC

Ps: this is what shes looking like atm.
Pure k

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
From the point of view of someone who's extremely sensitive?? You should have used R/O throughout the entire grow.

I still have to set aside one plant sometime and see what an R/O + Molasses flush is like.... to this day I've only used plain R/O for the end stretch, and everyone who's had my meds considers themselve's spoiled. All other meds have non-cannabis tastes in them and damn if that's disgusting to my palate.

Looking forward to doing a molasses flush, one of these days. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

J

J.C.grower

From the point of view of someone who's extremely sensitive?? You should have used R/O throughout the entire grow.

I still have to set aside one plant sometime and see what an R/O + Molasses flush is like.... to this day I've only used plain R/O for the end stretch, and everyone who's had my meds considers themselve's spoiled. All other meds have non-cannabis tastes in them and damn if that's disgusting to my palate.

Looking forward to doing a molasses flush, one of these days. :D

i used RO water throughout my whole grow, i am just using molasses for the last two weeks, to see how the smoke is. will let you know. thanks for the input!
keep it green and stay fligh:joint:
JC

Bloom

Molasses is for root bacteria growth, I thought I would use molasses aswell, but was later learned.

Bloom

Jbonez

Veteran
J.C.

takes some damn advice and feed your plants as usual until harvest... I thought I was gone long enough for this myth of flushing your plants at the end of the harvest to disappear... guess not.

If anything, molasses will make more nutrients available with organic ferts...

PS, Is that Puss Kush? I have the suge PK cut but yours doesnt look like mine.

cjk

generally i would use mollases a few times the first week of flushing to help unlock remaining nutes and switch to ph adjusted straight ro for the final week for a clean taste

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
J.C.

takes some damn advice and feed your plants as usual until harvest... I thought I was gone long enough for this myth of flushing your plants at the end of the harvest to disappear... guess not.

since when is flushing your plant a myth?

Jbonez

Veteran
since when is flushing your plant a myth?

Since no elitist green fisted grower would ever stop feeding his plants when they bulk up the most, probably since then...

Read post #56 Click Here

Also, google "Ask Lucas" I cant post a link to another MJ website.

that should help you.

Ive researched this for 10 years. There isnt any data to date the supports the "theory"of flushing (its not call the fact of flushing, its a theory) , sorry man, I wish it was true, it would save me on nutes for a couple weeks lol...

Jbonez

Veteran
mollasses will sort of act as a flushing agent for the salts built up. the follow up with water to burn nice and clean. BAM!

This is correct, mollasses acts as a surfactant or "wetting" agent in a way that will aid in removing fertilizer salts.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
J.C.

Wait a minute every grow guide I've ever read lists flushing as something which is recommended. The one I've been using say you should wait till the Tric's start to turn amber before flushing.

they say the benefit of flushing is better 'cleaner' taste.

What are the benefits of not flushing?

Jbonez

Veteran
Flushing: Less money in nutrients for the same (or better) quality and quantity.

Cutting off nutrients to the plant will not contribute to quantity, you effectively stop the plant from producing at this point, this I can prove.

same or better quality is anecdotal, its your opinion, I respect that as you can only lead a horse to water.

cheers

S

Scrappy-doo

I am reading post after post on this subject from people who who say they've tested both ways, and that the flavor is better, the smoke is smoother, and the ash is whiter when you flush.

praisehim.

Veteran
Cutting off nutrients to the plant will not contribute to quantity, you effectively stop the plant from producing at this point, this I can prove.

same or better quality is anecdotal, its your opinion, I respect that as you can only lead a horse to water.

cheers

Not everyone is trying to "produce" till the last day. some of us, you may be surprised, have big enough nugs at that point, and are more focused on bringing out the true flavors in herb, which some, may or may not like.

quantity and quality are very different.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Not everyone is trying to "produce" till the last day. some of us, you may be surprised, have big enough nugs at that point, and are more focused on bringing out the true flavors in herb, which some, may or may not like.

Thank you.

Anyone feeding till the very end really doesn't give a shit about their end user. I for one have personally paid a physical price for having to medicate with meds grown like JBonez is advocating. Don't be a prick, flush your shit.

If I can tell you haven't flushed... your health will be impacted in one way or another. I can always tell when there's been an incomplete or lack of a flush.

Jbonez

Veteran

Do explain how the "flavors" in herbs work, perhaps you could enlighten me.

If its flavanoids or flavones you speak of, then indeed, as I said before, what does flushing have to do with that?

Senior grade botany proves my point, anecdotal hearsay attempts to prove yours.

Just research the subject, you would be surprised at what you find.

My only goal is to help, you guys are quoting what you are hearing and the information you are stating is just wrong.

please research the subject, I cant give you the experience, you have to get that yourselves.....