What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Modern Colombian

Aldous

Hello Buds,
Here´s my colombians. About the yeyo, you can´t afford to be a wild coke addict here in Locombia. You just don´t have enough brain cells.

Aldous

Last edited:

mpro

red welcome back buddy :wave:

I hope to do some world travel in a few years, and colombia is always on the list.

aldous: very nice. would love to litter my yard with plants.

Last edited:

redrider

Thanks everyone, I got a whole new crop of exotics growing now and finished a few. The only problem is my good camera is fried and all got is a cheap one so sorry about the quialty of the following pics I am going to put up.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Columbia is a lot safer now that Juan Pablo Escobar is dead and his cartel destroyed.

HarryNugz

those are some monsterous plants Aldous! I always enjoy watching them grow in native areas. i'll have to pop some smg into the rotation. great job, look forward to the finish.

tiedye420

Sorry i been away so long guys...
Had a little trouble with the landlord/law- lost my collection of mothers, It's to hot for seeds now, and wish I had some colombian growing still. This winter I'll put some seeds in veg for next spring......
I kept g-13 and mazar close to the house- they let me keep them because the problem was me growing guerilla style in the forest.
Too many illegal aliens with crops in the forest- the sheriffs want Med grows kept close to the house, at least in my case.....
I DID however, score a ounce of colombain red recently... It was a treat and brought back a lot of memories... Heck 6 months ago i couldn't remeber if i had smoked red ever. But the palatte remembered, and the stone was classic lumbo.. Very relaxing..
Redone, it did seem to be ever so slightly weaker then the 70's red we got, but very much the same. Im not sure it isn't a "toloerance" issue though....
So I can verify that exported colombian still makes it to california, it's very close if not the same as the old days stuff...
I see more of a degradation in the "creeper" or chocolate colombian when it comes around- sparse and dry buds... The creeper of the 70's had fat juicy buddage to it.
It was also sticky and slightly moist.....Could be a care factor on this end, no-one really knows how to treat brickweed anymore...
Most people consider anything from a brick "regs" or "redbud"
Redbud in no-cal means brickweed....
I long for the days when you could get a name with your bag
Dealer:"this is panama red"
Customer: "Oh wow that's nice"
Until cheech marin started clowning around about it "this is aulcopulco gold and labrador" Chong" whatdo ya mean labrador"
Cheech : "yeah man my dog ate my stash and I had to follow him around for a week to get my stash back"
But that's just the timeframe when dealers didn't care what they had anymore, unless it was indica or greenbud... Those were the "big seller" names after the "landrace named" era....
It's our habits that need to go backwards, dealers need to get where the regs came from, runners also... These are landrace and need to be preserved, bagseed or not.
It all came from a bag somewhere in time....
I hate seeing centuries of handed down habits and strains being disregarded and mixed up, called by one name. "oh that's just redbud"
without the red, purple ,gold, green, also black... After every hybrid has been crossed to every hybrid- where would we regain our beloved species?
From a hybrid lab rat, sickly thin and warts on it....
Or a flourishing tree rat, with a very strong immunity system.....
Thanks for giving us a window on preservation redone, your a credit to the human race my friend... Long live colombia....
BTW pics are fantastic but i feel a twinge of jealousy now.. L.O.L. (not really im allright)

redrider

Man it's good to see you back Tiedye! And glad to see you scored some real Colombian. I agree after smoking it for 3 years the Colombian just isn't as potent as I remembered from the 70s. But I think its because I didn't have the new "super" strains to compare it to. I just grew out some "whiteskunk" (WhiteWidowXSuperSkunk) and I tell ya in 30+years of smoking I have never had weed that potent before. I mean two hits (and I smoke all day everyday) and it sits ya right down and takes forever to wear off. None of the Colombian I have bought or grow has ever been like that whiteskunk. However I am working with a few pure Colombians that arn't as strong as the WS but still very potent. I am sure in North Cal redbud is brick weed and it really cause thats how they get it up there. I was lucky one time to get a little bud from your neck of the woods and well it speaks for its self. I got some SnowCaps growing right now down here I think there from North Cal. I will have some pics soon.
Peace, love the pics Aldous

Aldous

Nice!!! Hehehe. I recognize those pots. We have been having good weather no? Hope we at least have a couple of more weeks like this. Shine on diamond!

Aldous

redrider

Ja ja ja yes their all local pots but growing in them is not. But the weather has been perfect the last few weeks, I must say I do love the climate I live at down here. Even during the "wet" season its still nice and the rain really helps the plants. December and January are the best months where I am living, clear skys and not too windy. Really everyday is spring in Colombia!

G

shit man, i thought u had dissappeared :bandit:
good to see all is well down south. these genes you work with are almighty as far as i'm concerned.
how hard is it to get mail down there? because we need to talk sometime :) lol.
be well friend

redrider

Hola capitano I was out and about down here for a couple months but back now. Colombia has pretty good mail service as well as all the modern things, DSL, cell phones, cable TV and the best looking women on the planet. Would love to talk with ya, send me a P.M.
Peace

Aldous

Hello:

HarryNugz

Good to see you around. I will keep you updated. I just grounded 4 Matanuskas just yesterday. If they come out close to the last ones i will be joyous!

redrider:

Hard winds will start to blow in August. It´s kite season! The rain will also come and there´s a big probability of hail storms. Be careful! This is the most dangerous time around. In the morning, beautiful and sunny, in the afternoon hail as big as marbles will fall. Last year three of my plants where damaged.

Thx for expressing so highly of my country and its people. One great thing about us is, we are not selfish to share all our riches. As you may have witnessed we are the warmest, most open people, probably in the world. Welcome! I am glad you found your place in earth.

Best regards,

Aldous

Last edited:

redrider

Aldous thank you so much for you kind words and the welcome to your most beautiful country. As far as the hail I know what you talking about, it really comes down hard and sudden. this is my 3rd year living down here and I am still trying to understand the climate (where I live). I really do love the Colombian people (I married one) they are so friendly and lighthearted and very funny finding humor in everything. I don't make much money here but don't need it and as a result I am not all stressed out worrying about funds. Plenty of time to relax in my garden and enjoy natures finest.

G

Beautiful plants and great climate for your ladies. K+. I am sure the smoke is a sativa lovers dream.
Peace
MOD

redrider

Thanks MOD we really do have the perfect climate for sativa (my indica hybrids do equally well). All those who remeber know the power of Colombian Sativa.
Peace from Colombia.

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
im jealous, the market here is flooded with beasters all summer id kill for some bud like that

Latest posts

Latest posts