What's new

MODERATORS

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So how does one get to be a moderator...I don't know...just wondering.

mostly a thankless non-paying task and just like the mafia, you're in it for life, try to quit and they'll disappear you fast.......

don't believe me??? just ask KharmaGirl

OvergrowingKiwi

I think old pink said it best. The ability to keep a cool head. Regardless...

Even some of the current moderators struggle with this. I personally have had a negative experience on this site where a moderator lost thier cool and decided to play childish games.

What I think it takes to be a good mod.

1. The ability to put all personal feelings aside and apply the TOU.

2. Think before they post. As every word they type represents ICMAG "officially".

3. The unnatural ability to read internet type in the tone it was written.

4. Not get disorientated when looking at the vbulletin moderation panel. lol

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I think old pink said it best. The ability to keep a cool head. Regardless...

Even some of the current moderators struggle with this. I personally have had a negative experience on this site where a moderator lost thier cool and decided to play childish games.

What I think it takes to be a good mod.

1. The ability to put all personal feelings aside and apply the TOU.

2. Think before they post. As every word they type represents ICMAG "officially".

3. The unnatural ability to read internet type in the tone it was written.

4. Not get disorientated when looking at the vbulletin moderation panel. lol

What!!! We have to think before we post.

V

vonforne

mostly a thankless non-paying task and just like the mafia, you're in it for life, try to quit and they'll disappear you fast.......

don't believe me??? just ask KharmaGirl

yep, when you try and quit.....Gypsy sends out the midget squad. You don´t want that!

We don´t know if the midget squad got KG or what. Poor girl.

V

G

Guest50138

picture.php

picture.php

OvergrowingKiwi

Moderating those who have already made a conscious choice to break societies rules.
Hmm thats a tough job when ya think about it.
How many of you have actually read the terms of use? lol I'm guilty of not reading it. I really should.
I'm guessing all the mods have.
I'll read it tomorrow maybe.

V

vonforne

I did not read it for years. lol

The TOU is basically rules of courtesy. Ones we should go be in everyday life nothing more. You don´t go to a friends house and start a bunch of shit there......what would happen? They would kick you ass out the door. Right? Same here.

Show respect to the other members and start no trouble in Gypsys house. And we will not show you the door.

V

I

In~Plain~Site

All of those common courtesies are great,Von...I believe the 'issues' arise when some mods take it upon themselves to 'protect' us from ourselves....with what appears to make no rhyme or reason for anything other than personal whim.

It is a tough spot, especially when the mods take a position in a thread as a member, then have to come heavy with the mod gig when the shit goes sideways.

I've brought that point up, more than once, and it has (dare I say) gotten much better. :tiphat:

We have a problem with authority, can you tell? :biggrin:

I did not read it for years. lol

The TOU is basically rules of courtesy. Ones we should go be in everyday life nothing more. You don´t go to a friends house and start a bunch of shit there......what would happen? They would kick you ass out the door. Right? Same here.

Show respect to the other members and start no trouble in Gypsys house. And we will not show you the door.

V

schwilly

The mods here seem to be quite competent.

Only real abuses I've seen have been threads closed or removed due to an obvious political or moral bias held by the offending mod.

Easygrowing

Veteran
Those who dont likes to be Modded and so-should try to sit as an Mod only for a month-just for trying it and see-it is not a easy job to do.They have sit as an member as us others-suddenly-"you" are not one of those members anymore-now you are a "Mod" in otheres eyes..Have tryed it by my self and it is not a easy things to do...they will also be a friend as they was,in the time before they been a Mod..And they also have to be a Friend to Gypsy and his friends..Can tell you-.it,s not funny to sit between to nails..

And they dont get paid for it or so-just because they wanna have a good forum-without them-there was no IC,im sure..call me an asslicker and so-i am..
Nope try to show them some respect instead without no asslick-say hello to them and finding out-they are just like us others-they just have some more buttons and see some others things on there monitors.But if we act us okay without be an mommysboy,they dont say anything..and remember its also a buiesness or how it spells for Gypsy..
Try 2 do a forum from the start and see-how easy it is.
IC is a damn good place and there is also somethings i dont like-but so its also in normally day-some days its raining-some sun shinning-mostly it,s shinning in here.

V

vonforne

All of those common courtesies are great,Von...I believe the 'issues' arise when some mods take it upon themselves to 'protect' us from ourselves....with what appears to make no rhyme or reason for anything other than personal whim.

It is a tough spot, especially when the mods take a position in a thread as a member, then have to come heavy with the mod gig when the shit goes sideways.

I've brought that point up, more than once, and it has (dare I say) gotten much better. :tiphat:

We have a problem with authority, can you tell? :biggrin:

That is one reason most of us steer clear of certain discussion threads. I generally only post in helpful threads in my forum. We do as Mods have to see both sides in case there is a problem but when it comes down to it the TOU will always prevail what ever our personal opinion might be to any given subject.

There are certain threads that are not allowed because of the wide variety of opinions such as political and religion. 10 times out of 10 it is a shit slinging mess with the spill over affecting multiple sub forums. So, by keeping the discussions to the forum theme......Cannabis there are less problems.

We like to be members also. I was a member first as were most but given the time it takes to do what is ask of us leaves less time for being a normal member. We do have day jobs also. Or at least most of us.

V

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Those who dont likes to be Modded and so-should try to sit as an Mod only for a month-just for trying it and see-it is not a easy job to do.

It's not an easy job by any means, trying to stay impartial is damm near impossible at times especially on a cannabis forum.
Couple that with a forum that generates income and then impartiality or moderation goes out the window for those appointed to moderate the forum fairly....... it becomes a business.

Easygrowing

Veteran
Hmm yes CM-true-but
without an Business-thanks for the word : ) there will be no forum at all ? and if-them as there are mods now-not was them-there will just be some others to do,what they do.They just practics those Tous out in real..think on how many treads and bullshit and nonsens sometimes,they has to read.And they often dont say anything,just sitting and reading-how funny is that ?
Im Dansih-we have Paddi-he is acting just like us others 90 % of the times.He says pretty plant there friend and shows some damn goodlooking plant to and you can talk with him-if you would.Not only to..that it,s a good way to be a Mod..sometimes he shows us his Power Lol-and so there is a reason for that..Ganja hasi also always kind to say Good weekend Michi and so..So they are not "bad" people..i dont know all and dont need it and im also see many treads be closed-but so there is a reason for that..
Sorry but i think its a damn good site,you can read about more than you can read and talk with people from everythere,if you would.No i will shut up-looks like i will be a mod-no thanks..

Latest posts

Latest posts