What's new

Mob Boss - Part Deux

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey, all you Grindheads!!!

Just thought I'd share some quick snapshots of the current Mob Boss - She's currently at day 55. She's from a different pheno than my first one. She was grown from a clone and I think I stuck her into 12/12 too quickly. She didn't grow too much but I have another clone from the same plant and I'm gonna give her another go. In the meantime...this one -though a bit short- is delectable. I have to refrain from eating the buds off the branches...

attachment.php

Here's a closer shot of a bud...Enjoy!

attachment.php

And another...

attachment.php

I'm sorry I haven't been able to journal or spend more time with photography. Life has been VERY demanding with parental health issues and other various crises. I will try to grab some more shots before I bring her down.

Quick question - do most harvest around 70 days? That's my sense. My last plant I took at 65 days but I'm thinking I may go a touch beyond this time. She's been incredibly healthy through the grow - Oh yeah...and her current smell is both citric and minty with a growing sense of almost bubblegum sweetness when brushed against.

For you logistic freaks - She's in coco - 3 gallon containers. Under 1000wts of HPS. I'm using PBP Pro, Liquid Karma, a splash of Bloombastic, some drops of Drip Clean and some Sweet.

Attachments

• mb_bud_C.jpg
    mb_bud_C.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 33
  • mb_full.jpg
    mb_full.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 31
  • mb_bud_A.jpg
    mb_bud_A.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 33

eyes

Veteran
she looks nice. i think 70 days for high performance,though. not much side branching? enormous top cola.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey...thanks, eyes. You are right...I think the compact side-branching can probably be attributed to having a pretty mature clone stuck under 12/12 without much veg time. Lately, too...I have been growing plants in the "classic" style - meaning no topping or training. Partly due to laziness and partly because I really like the Cannabis Classic profile, I guess, and I find that under the 1000wt light, the buds on the lower branches are VERY well developed.

The next clone will have vegged for at least 30 days...we'll see how she does. Soon come!

G

guest3854

Take 'em 70-75 days fer max fruitation. Nice looker ya got thar, Mayan. One tip fer fellas doin SOG, keep clones in smaller containers, start flowering then transplant during/after tha stretch... Nodes/branches will typically stay close to tha meristem, forming one massive cola, pack 'em in tight boys...

Steele

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey Bonzo, seedee, calimed and gnome!!! Thanks so much for the feedback!

Mr. Savage!!! Thanks so much for mid-wiving such an incredible strain and for the information. I bet this plant would do very nicely in a SOG. Nice and compact!

Gnome -> This was actually in a three gallon smart pot filled with coco. Lesson to self: Veg clones longer. As it is - she looks phenominally frosty and healthy - visually, she looks like the top 1/2 of a plant. Almost all bud. Clone #2 from same plant is currently finishing her veg...she'll be at least 30 days. I get the feeling though that this pheno does not have a vociferous stretch.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Comin' Along...

Comin' Along...

Hey all...Here's some more shots of the MB. These were taken under the light, so the conditions were not optimal. Just loving her...I have a clone from the same plant that's just raring to go so I think she's gonna have to wrap it up by next Monday (Day 70) or so. The new one is a bit bigger and fuller, so I'm psyched. Hope you enjoy.

attachment.php

Here she is shining like a jewel in the lotus...

attachment.php

Attachments

• MB_macro_darkB1.jpg
    MB_macro_darkB1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 33
  • MB_macro_darkA1.jpg
    MB_macro_darkA1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 34
  • MB_macro_fun.jpg
    MB_macro_fun.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 30
  • MB_mandala.jpg
    MB_mandala.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 29
  • MB_Bud_macro_C.jpg
    MB_Bud_macro_C.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 40
  • MB_Bud_macro_A.jpg
    MB_Bud_macro_A.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 31
  • MB_Bud_macro.jpg
    MB_Bud_macro.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 30

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey, stone_edd...thanks! Actually, the MobBoss seems to be emitting a floral smell, like I'm in a flower shop but the actual odor (from lightly caressing a bud) is like a deep rich caramel sweet and hashy/incensy.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Death and Transfiguration of a Mob Boss

Death and Transfiguration of a Mob Boss

Well...The sands of time have run out for the Mob Boss. She came down today on day 70 of 12/12. What a beautiful plant!!!! Here's a brief photo essay from today. I couldn't stop taking pictures. I hope you don't mind some macro spam. Here's some pics from before the CHOP. I will post some pics of her metamorphosis in threads below.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• MB_Top_macro_E+.jpg
    MB_Top_macro_E+.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 32
  • MB_Top_macro_D+.jpg
    MB_Top_macro_D+.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 31
  • MB_Top_macro_C+.jpg
    MB_Top_macro_C+.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 31
  • MB_Top_macro_A+.jpg
    MB_Top_macro_A+.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 28

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Dissected

Dissected

Here's some pics of her on the killing floor...I started her from a clone and -not having dealt with growing clones out before- I started her a little too quickly. Fortunately, I have another clone from this same plant which was started in flower after longer vegging and she is already (a week in) substantially more developed.

Here's a pic of some of the lower branches. There weren't alot but the buds were huge...and minimum popcorn to speak of. The popcorn, as you can see, would make Orville Redenbacker very happy. Needless to say, I don't think I have seen such a remarkably resin-covered plant. Glands everywhere. Glands on top of glands.

attachment.php

This here's the upper kola...

attachment.php

Here's a macro from the upper kola...

attachment.php

Attachments

• MB_kola_macro_6.jpg
    MB_kola_macro_6.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 35
  • MB_kola_macro_2.jpg
    MB_kola_macro_2.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 30

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Random Macros, etc.

Random Macros, etc.

Here's some random shots...Hope you enjoy!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• MB__macro_4.jpg
    MB__macro_4.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 34
  • MB__macro_3.jpg
    MB__macro_3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 27

the gnome

Veteran
absolutely beautiful mayan :good:
a trichome producer for sure!
give us the stats when on her when you get a chance

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey, the gnome and stone_edd - thanks for the comments. She was short in stature and not terribly developed - that was my error, to be corrected this grow. But she was all bud down the meristem. There are not ALOT of branches but the existing buds are steroidally huge pine-cones - even after a couple days of drying. And they are rock-solid.

I took a small bud sample - it was dried sufficiently. It's amazing. Body? Check! Mind? Check! Potent? Through the worm-hole and I ain't a cheap date. Psychedelic body rushes and visual fizzies. Not racy. Relaxed in extremis but not couch-locked. Electric music for body and mind. Wonderful. Won't be hitting her much, however until the cure.

I'll try to get some pics of her when dry.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
thanks, eyes! yeah, you'll love her!

and...oh yeah...my teeth are numb - this strain's high has legs.

Latest posts

Latest posts