What's new

MLB 2014 BASEBALL SEASON!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroGrow

Veteran
What the hell was the National's manager thinking? Zimmerman pitching an almost perfect game. Giants couldn't touch him. Umpire screwed him on the walk, which at bat featured 4 strikes, but onlt 2 were called. So one walk, one out left, and the manager takes out the pitcher who was in total control, and had only thrown 99 pitches. The Giant players were overjoyed to see Zimmerman out of the game. Worst managerial move I have seen in a long, long time. Umpire took over the game. What a shame for Zimmerman. Everyone else on the planet knew he would get that last out. Unbelievable!

theJointedOne

Veteran
Pretty weak I cant watch any of the games tonight, they want me to pay extra for mlb network and fox sports 1, whatever the heck that is. LOL weak

Space Toker

Veteran
I lose track as Rainman would say, who's on first and who's on second? yes I can look it up, but would rather find out here, how are things progressing?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

friggin' epic.......

wtg Giants, bringing it home 2 n' 0 :yes:
and home field advantage just shifted :D

RetroGrow

Veteran

friggin' epic.......

wtg Giants, bringing it home 2 n' 0 :yes:
and home field advantage just shifted :D

I think you meant, WTG, home plate umpire. He was the biggest single factor in the game, aside from Nationals manager removing Zimmerman when he was completely dominating.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think you meant, WTG, home plate umpire. He was the biggest single factor in the game, aside from Nationals manager removing Zimmerman when he was completely dominating.

at this stage of the game if a team can't overcome a couple of bad calls then they don't deserve to win, a championship quality team should overcome the single bad strike call I saw tonight, the Nats are NOT that team.......

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sure are some negative nellies around here, Giants kicked ass, belt, what a clutch homer, man that was a nail bitter for sure!!
Go Giants!!!
There been some great post season games, love this time of year.

O

OGShaman

I was at a party last night and the room exploded when the Cards tied it up. Tears in beers by the end of the night though. Bummer.

Last edited:

iTarzan

O's sweep! If KC can finish off the Angels the ALCS Championship starts in Baltimore on Friday.

Last edited:

RetroGrow

Veteran
at this stage of the game if a team can't overcome a couple of bad calls then they don't deserve to win, a championship quality team should overcome the single bad strike call I saw tonight, the Nats are NOT that team.......

I saw more bad calls by the home plate umpire in this game than I have ever seen before. And I am not a Nat's fan. Tim Hudson was kept in the game by the umpire, who continually called balls a couple of inches off the plate as strikes. Then multiple bad calls later that got the manager and a player ejected. And the killer was the walk that the umpire gave to the Giants. I counted four strikes in that @bat alone. Zimmerman struck that guy out twice. That was the worst home plate umpiring I have ever seen. It wasn't one or two bad calls. It was dozens.
However, even with all the bad calls, it was the National's manager who made the mistake of removing Zimmerman with only one out to go, after he had limited the Giants to 3 singles, a week after throwing a no-hitter. He was dominating the Giants, and I'm pretty sure he could have gotten one more out.
I know the Giants were happy to see him removed, and replaced by a young pitcher who had no previous playoff experience. Don't know what the manager was thinking.
Anyway, good game if you were a Giant's fan. You got a gift.

RetroGrow

Veteran
O's sweep! If KC can finish off the Angels the ACLS Championship starts in Baltimore on Friday.

O's are going to win it all. They just swept the team with the best pitching. So many guys in their lineup can hurt you. I don't see KC giving them a problem at all, nor any of the NL teams. I am all over the Birds. I even had them today even though they were big underdogs. They don't care who's pitching. They know that someone will get to the pitcher eventually, no matter who it is.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
O's are going to win it all. They just swept the team with the best pitching. So many guys in their lineup can hurt you. I don't see KC giving them a problem at all, nor any of the NL teams. I am all over the Birds. I even had them today even though they were big underdogs. They don't care who's pitching. They know that someone will get to the pitcher eventually, no matter who it is.

We will see I guess, can't rule out anyone at this point, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.