What's new

MLB 2011 Playoffs & World Series.......

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
that was the ugliest start and an incredible finish. Those early errors should have been killer, but when both sides commit them, its all mute. What a shame. Exploiting errors, small ball, its all 'National League' and the DH is ruining it [/'old man's baseball' view]

On a tangent, what is everyones favorite WS?

I say 2001.

Posponed because of 9/11, Beyong-Yong-Kim blowing all those games, Randy Johnson getting 3 wins, starting game 6 and coming in on ZERO days rest to finish (and win) the 7th, incredible.

No way we ever see a series like that again.

I hate Joe Buck. He called Jeter 'Mr. November'; what a douche. Johnson had the best November performance of any player to date.

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
sometimes when i get real nervous i put my hands under my arm pits.........

mkg2.jpg

and then i smell them!!!

amazing game!!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doesnt matter who you cheer for during the regular season ... if your a baseball fan you got a real treat last nite ... wow that was sooo much fun !!!! Love Baseball !!!!!!!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

very exciting game, I hope La Russa is speaking clearly and/or well understood tonight although Carpenter is doing a fine job.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Well that was a great series, the Cardinals of course
winning Game 7 with a 6-2 final score.......

They'll be adding an 11th win to this banner
R_30116.jpg

R

rick shaw

Great series,glad St.Louis pulled off the wild card win....They'll need all the cash they can get for Pujols new contract.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
@Stoner4life.

Joe Buck sucks donkey balls, and if anything he jinkest the Yanks with the misappropriated label.

Pitchers dont throw 104 pitches one night and come back in the very next night to pitch in the 8th and 9th inning of game 7.

EPIC.

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Stoner4life.

Joe Buck sucks donkey balls, and if anything he jinkest the Yanks with the misappropriated label.

Pitchers dont throw 104 pitches one night and come back in the very next night to pitch in the 8th and 9th inning of game 7.

EPIC.

let's be honest here, the title Mr November had already been given to Jeter by the time Johnson did that or do you think that Joe Buck should have figured Randy would do that? besides, the "Mr" title was a Yankee thing to boot w/Mr October. btw I can't stand Buck myself but that's beside the point.

it was a done deal by 12:01 am Nov 1st & that's that!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Just when them Rangers fans are ready to hang their heads in shame there's now a new reason to rejoice. I hope you all click on this safe Vimeo link for the funniest yet: Ron Washington meets 'Flashdance' he is the Dugout Maniac.......

catch a buzz then enjoy! had me laughing my ass off
especially after watching him do that during the series.

Flashdancers over Texas

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Lets be honest, Joe Buck is no Jack Buck.

He is a hack who would blow Troy Aikman while 'skiing' with Michael Irving and Emmit.

The ugliest pitcher ever was also the best performer in November baseball.

Joe Buck probably had a checklist of stupid things he would say, and im sure one of them was 'if yankee R Jackson is Mr. Oct, ill be REAL SMOOTH and crown a yankee Mr. Nov'.

This is a GREAT CLIP
Randy Johnson vs John Kruk 1993 AllStar game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnOFDWWsXfs

as much as i wanted to see texas win i cant say the cardinals didn't deserve to win. the phillies have now lost to the world series winner 3 years in a row.

BigDawg

I was a kid when I got my hat autographed, in 1996. It was Tony La Russa's first year as the Cardinals Manager. At the time, I had no idea he would turn out to be a future Hall-of-Fame player/manager.

Attachments

• STL.jpg
    STL.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 12

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tony La Russa announces his retirement...going out in style.

2 World Series and idk how many division titles over his tenure w/the Cardinals seems like a nice way to go out. I can always appreciate a player or manager stepping down when the time is right, the flip side being that some of them go kickin' and screaming into the night as they're pushed off of teams and out of the game.......

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Didnt want to start a thread just for this, but Mrs. and I felt so fortunate to get to watch Matt Cain and the SF Giants Pitch a perfect game last nite. What a treat to get to see. Was amazing !!
Hope some of you other fans got to watch this ... was sooo cool !!

Latest posts

Latest posts