What's new

Mk III Terpenator

jdee

Has anyone tried using ptfe liner (with magnets perhaps) in the collection pot or someway to fully recover while still allowing for easy removal of the product without scraping not involving the pour out method?

Chonkski

Has anyone tried using ptfe liner (with magnets perhaps) in the collection pot or someway to fully recover while still allowing for easy removal of the product without scraping not involving the pour out method?

A very interesting idea, with the magnets and all.

Perhaps you should suggests it to terppextractors

jdee

304/316 stainless is non-magnetic so that's not gonna work too good.

other options could involve some type of wire basket (seems hard to find in the right size in an appropriate food safe finish) or a custom gasket with a liner built in (probably expensive..)

flatslabs

I think the idea would be to use like neodymium magnets on both the inside and outside of the pot to hold the liner in place

sunsetsf

we have the bags & magnets don't work. welding tabs next to clip bag on, but custom made thicker liner stands on it's own would be nice

Dab Strudel

Im trying to get a 3" lid to my column with an npt fitting on it. Do I get it premade at glacier or do I have to buy a blank lid and get the welding done by myself?

707franchise

Those who are using the silicone gaskets (white) and the high pressure clamp. Are they effected at all by acetone? Is it much fast to clean them? Just trying to see if switching to them on my 6" by 12" collection is worth it. I change bottom spools and end plates 5 times a day, tired cleaning gaskets with alcohol let alone spools. wawawa lol Ordered them for my new larger bottom end but not sure if I should for my 6" that I will be using for higher end material.

(side note)I also noticed that my seals that I have been getting from Terpp extractors are coming more of a mate finish now and have a smaller inside lip and the outer edge of the seal is not really perfect and sticks out on some. (haven't noticed anything changed due to this but oil once dried on them seems a little tougher to get off.)

707franchise

Has anyone had smaller spools made for the bottom of there machines (so I can remove just a section of the lower spool that has oil in it)? My oil level after column changes usually never comes up hight then a 3 - 4 inches when running heat that is. Out of fear of sucking up oil in my pump I haven't been running to many columns when not applying heat. So I was thinking a 5" long bottom spool either welded bottom or triclamp end cap attacked to another 6" long spool.
Glasier Tank has a five piece minimum. So if I were to have it done for my new lower end that I am putting together I was thinking of having them just cut 12" long spools in half and welding a bottom on them. And then having them just make me some 6" long spools. I don't know just throwing this out there for ideas and thoughts.

I am building my new girl this time and want to take my time and make her my own:) Anyone with experience or foresight regarding things to think about that might come up by doing this.

DAB: Ive been calling around and most shops have minimum piece order for special orders and I bet its cheaper if its already made at glacier. Id call Austin at Terrp and see if he has one, I know there in the process of moving right now but I know he uses 4' ones for certain applications. might be easier.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im trying to get a 3" lid to my column with an npt fitting on it. Do I get it premade at glacier or do I have to buy a blank lid and get the welding done by myself?

We've welded our own above 1 1/2".

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those who are using the silicone gaskets (white) and the high pressure clamp. Are they effected at all by acetone? Is it much fast to clean them? Just trying to see if switching to them on my 6" by 12" collection is worth it. I change bottom spools and end plates 5 times a day, tired cleaning gaskets with alcohol let alone spools. wawawa lol Ordered them for my new larger bottom end but not sure if I should for my 6" that I will be using for higher end material.

(side note)I also noticed that my seals that I have been getting from Terpp extractors are coming more of a mate finish now and have a smaller inside lip and the outer edge of the seal is not really perfect and sticks out on some. (haven't noticed anything changed due to this but oil once dried on them seems a little tougher to get off.)

Silicone gaskets are not suitable. Suggest Viton or PTFE.

http://www.coleparmer.com/Chemical-Resistance

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has anyone had smaller spools made for the bottom of there machines (so I can remove just a section of the lower spool that has oil in it)? My oil level after column changes usually never comes up hight then a 3 - 4 inches when running heat that is. Out of fear of sucking up oil in my pump I haven't been running to many columns when not applying heat. So I was thinking a 5" long bottom spool either welded bottom or triclamp end cap attacked to another 6" long spool.
Glasier Tank has a five piece minimum. So if I were to have it done for my new lower end that I am putting together I was thinking of having them just cut 12" long spools in half and welding a bottom on them. And then having them just make me some 6" long spools. I don't know just throwing this out there for ideas and thoughts.

I am building my new girl this time and want to take my time and make her my own:) Anyone with experience or foresight regarding things to think about that might come up by doing this.

DAB: Ive been calling around and most shops have minimum piece order for special orders and I bet its cheaper if its already made at glacier. Id call Austin at Terrp and see if he has one, I know there in the process of moving right now but I know he uses 4' ones for certain applications. might be easier.

Yes, some folks are using short bottom spools clamped on the bottom.

BrainChild

Hey'o guys!

I'm getting everything together for my 1st mk iii...I'd like to get a recovery pump recommendation, which is a tricky subject right now I realize. But any insight would be appreciated. Where am at, my terp will never be blessed by any fire marshal, so I just need a quality pump for this application.

Would I be better off just starting with the CPS TR-21 with MT69? Or the promax or appion?

jpdnkstr

Hey'o guys!

I'm getting everything together for my 1st mk iii...I'd like to get a recovery pump recommendation, which is a tricky subject right now I realize. But any insight would be appreciated. Where am at, my terp will never be blessed by any fire marshal, so I just need a quality pump for this application.

Would I be better off just starting with the CPS TR-21 with MT69? Or the promax or appion?
I wish I had the answer also! I think consensus is the TR-21... CPS has a stainless version coming! If money wasn't an issue I would've held out for the stainless version of the TR-21, but just purchased a Yellow Jacket 95760 XLT for my first personal Mk. III! I have heard good and bad about all of the pumps, and researched greatly because this was a large investment for me! Any of the pumps you mentioned should serve fine for a small operation, just remember to run a filter drier, and don't aspirate liquid into the pump.

707franchise

wrong info,

wrong info,

Silicone gaskets are not suitable. Suggest Viton or PTFE.

http://www.coleparmer.com/Chemical-Resistance

I ment teflon gaskets, I read on the terminator info site that austin switched to them because acetone didn't effect them for cleaning purposes. I meant Teflon, not Silicone sorry. So ya any insight if its worth changing to them just for cleaning purposes. They take more pressure to seal so you have to switch to the high pressure clamps he said, which is added cost and time clamping. But on the larger spools you have to switch clamps anyways. Im just trying speed everything up a bit and cleaning those gaskets are tedious sometimes, especially at the end of the day when Im ready to be done. Thanks

I think I like the idea of the high pressure clamps, I hate leaks so spending an extra (#)minutes tightening her down is OK with me. I might start using them on all my fixed parts anyways.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Acetone limits your elastomers. We clean them with denatured alcohol.

We use high pressure clamps for most applications.

.M.

I have a question about dewaxing columns im looking to upgrade from my small 90grm closed loop i got years ago to a mkIII with a the 450grm column and was wondering what the difference in finished product is? what does the dewaxing proses do? i tried to look through threads and not really sure what to think.

Latest posts

Latest posts