What's new

MK III Terpenator Bidirectional Flooding

DragonMack

We had a client request a MK III Terpenator with bidirectional flooding support.

When I went to the drawing board I wanted this bidirectional design to use as little hoses and valves as possible.

In the end we only needed to add the following:
(1) 1/4" WOG valve
(1) 24" 1/4" PTFE hose w/ 1/4" female swivel ends
(2) 1/4" 3-Way Tees
(2) 1/4" Flare x 1/4" NPT Stainless fitting.
(3) 1/4" Close

I also had to flip the valve upside down and turn the handle around to make room.

Client has been using it now for a few weeks with no problems.

I wanted to share this design with anyone that is thinking about building something like this for their MK III. Please let let me know if I can answer any questions.

Love this mod.
:woohoo:

I have all my parts and have put everything together according to the picture.

You made a comment about "flipping a valve upside down and turning the handle around to make room".

Can you please be more descriptive of what you mean by this?
Is it shown in the picture?
If not can you please post a pic showing it clearly.

Thanks for sharing.
:tiphat:

Chonkski

Love this mod.
:woohoo:

I have all my parts and have put everything together according to the picture.

You made a comment about "flipping a valve upside down and turning the handle around to make room".

Can you please be more descriptive of what you mean by this?
Is it shown in the picture?
If not can you please post a pic showing it clearly.

Thanks for sharing.
:tiphat:

The pic on the original post is the only pic needed to understand the configuration

jpdnkstr

#3 dump valve needs to be flipped and the handle stop moved, or it will run into another valve handle when operating!

DragonMack

The pic on the original post is the only pic needed to understand the configuration

I understand the configuration. You obviously didn't understand the question. Take a closer look at the picture you reference, and you will see that the valve handles don't clear each other as shown. I was asking about the clocking of connections to avoid interference.

:xmastree:

jpdnkstr

I just added bi-directional flooding to my Mk. III, I have yet to do a run with the upgrade... but also appreciate any tips on operating this machine to it's fullest potential! I just picked up a refrigerant scale also, so I will be showering soon!

Permacultuure

Veteran
#3 dump valve needs to be flipped and the handle stop moved, or it will run into another valve handle when operating!

I'm not sure what you mean by "flip" but the dump valve won't clear the bottom spool if flipped.

Just rotate the dump valve until it clears the new valve on your dip tube. Its really simple, on the small spools it can get pretty tight.

Latest posts

Latest posts