What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mite Eradictor (also destroys Powdery Mildew)

HawGods

going to try tonight.. i have thrips not bad but there in the space..ive tryed neem oil 2 days ago going to try this tonight..thanks for the great tips ...ill keep u posted..what about if ur 6 weeks into on a 11 week stain ..should i go to town are just hit what i can see...first thing i did was turn up the CO2 to like 2200 ppm i heard that kills them..going to check tonight...i dont want to spray buds. do thrips eat buds.??are just leaf..?? thanks again

Lofty

be careful with that C02 HawGods, 1500 is ideal for plants but over 2000ppm its poisonous to plants.

good luck

G

:wave: I'd research thrips in the infirmary forum, I'm thinkin the larvae stage attacks roots - take care of them ASAP.

halfway into flower hurts, when I treated I was careful not to get many nugs, only leaves and vegging plants. I'd try a plant - or just a few nug branches with diluted mix first, and go from there.

Good luck.

Last edited:
G

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Well, I musta been braggin too much, accepted a couple of clones and after misting them down and a good bath tossed them into the veg cabinet. 2 months later and I see the dam Humbolt brown Borgs.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So, my turn to mix a batch and pull all the plants out of five cabinets for treatment. For simplicity, I prepared the mix in a bucket instead of 2-litre jug (wouldn't ya know it, none to be had when ya need it). Then mix in the epsom hot water solution and misted the undersides of all plants in flower, and a good misting shower for all the plants in veg. I normally have 30 in the veg cabinet and 6-8 in each of the two flower cabinets.

Day 1 - full treatment on the entire grow per Eradicator instructions.

Strains being treated:
AK47
Armed Widow
CDxMSxC99
DSD v.2
DW
ECSD
Grape KUSH
SAGEMIX
SCHROM
SKUSH
SSSDH
SWT #3
TW

Will post results.

See ya in chat........... :woohoo:

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
wow, field spraying with the stuff hey. Wishing ya luck 1Toke, remember, no malt.

G

:joint: Day 2. Plants in veg are showing stress or PH shift, upper growth fanleaves curled in the claw, but straight. New growth looks fine. Will check with the dopescope tomorrow and re-apply if needed, otherwise will retreat in 10 days....

No apparent difference to the ones in flower.....some at 1,2,3,4 weeks with DSD v.2 and SSSDH a week left. Will check sample nugs with the dopescope and maybe post pics....

No sign of anything moving on the fans I checked...

Last edited:
G

:joint: Day 3. Tried to find borg carcasses or egg casings to pic with the dopescope and post, but couldn't find anything! Will try again later today and expand the search as I cycle the plants. It's gonna be tougher than I thought to find evidence of their destruction....... :pointlaug

More as it happens....

See ya in chat............ :woohoo:

badboyg

hey all.. here's my 2 CENT,,,

I have tried most all the "systems" spoke of here, other than the big guns (avid, bayer, ETC) and most for me does not seem to work,, due to my actions or just BASTARD BORG,, most do not seem to work,, the pest strips look to be useless for me,...

now what I have seen so far is this,,,

I had taken to just giving the girls a shower every couple days,,, yup just pull them up and sprayed them off... did this every 2-3 days,, looked like I got most of them.. left it a few days and only found 1-2 adults.... soo looked like just the hoseing off is one of the better options, at least while they are smaller & vegging....

now IF i can keep it up regular enough to make sure they are gone,,, I have (one last time) hung pest strips again,,, but I found a few still moving after the first 24-48 hours of use,, soo I have my doubts.. but i will use them till they are dead(the strips),,,

seems to me,, so far that a good wash does WONDERS...

do not get lazy,, (or busy, like me) and miss days or forget to follow up. they WILL come back.. I am still fighting and its been a LONG time fight

Lofty

the most sucsessful method i've found up to now is to make up 8 litres of chilllie and tobacco juice (4 hot chillies + 8 grams of tobacco boiled mashed and strained makes 4 litres) and put in a bucket, i then dunk the little lady in it and move it up and down taking out and back in a few times, i then keep it in for a few seconds and thats it.

i've used this on seedlings at 2 weeks old and it doesnt harm them. but as everything else u've got to do it every 3 day for at least 2 weeks and spray the room.

i have ordered som no pest strips to put out once a week to try and keep them away.

I hate the BORG! :mad:

G

Lofty said:
the most sucsessful method i've found up to now is to make up 8 litres of chilllie and tobacco juice (4 hot chillies + 8 grams of tobacco boiled mashed and strained makes 4 litres) and put in a bucket, i then dunk the little lady in it and move it up and down taking out and back in a few times, i then keep it in for a few seconds and thats it.

i've used this on seedlings at 2 weeks old and it doesnt harm them. but as everything else u've got to do it every 3 day for at least 2 weeks and spray the room.

i have ordered som no pest strips to put out once a week to try and keep them away.

I hate the BORG! :mad:
I burned the hell out of Schrom and Wreck trying 6 different pepper recipes before I decided to research the problem and found the Eradicator recipe. After checking the testimonies and documentation following extensive research by the originators, and watching the comments and results for a year I decided to test it for myself to verify any claims made. This recipe is the only one that has not been fatally detrimental to every strain in my garden, and believe me, I've tried them all except chemicals.

Lofty

1TokeOverLine it does seem a very popular solution, i tried it and it made a rite mess of my plants. it was my fault i'd obviously don someting wrong but i'm not guna try it again coz i'm not sure if the stuff i'm using is the same as discribed.

i've got nps coming soon :woohoo:

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
If your mites are hardy those pest strips will not work!
Just tried the eradicator on a few plants and it worked half way...

I think the second dousing will finish the job...
The ones I did see dead looked like they had turned to ooze...Brown ooze just like when you mash one...Kinda a brown wet spot:)

Still had some laughing at me...A little more detergent next round should take care of the little smartasses...Must not have clinged to some...

Last edited:

Capt. Crip

Veteran
OK,update....

The eradicator walks a fine line....I've noticed that ECSD does not do well under her influence...Some leaf burn even with a serious dousing...
Blueberry and plants like that do fine as long as you rinse...The liquid has to be in good contact with the critter to kill em'Use a little more detergent maybe...
As long as they stay soaked for a good time they are fuckin dead!If you do this in a cool room where evap. isn't to fast you may be OK with all strains...I am going to experiment more over the next couple of days..

The only thing left of the critter is a brown speck..I let it completely dry on top of a few critters to see the effect.Just took the fan leaf with me and watched:)

Burn bitch burn!!!Little fuckin borgs circuits fried :woohoo: Nuttin' but a brown fuckin' speck!

G

Capt. Crip said:
OK,update....

The eradicator walks a fine line....I've noticed that ECSD does not do well under her influence...Some leaf burn even with a serious dousing...
Blueberry and plants like that do fine as long as you rinse...The liquid has to be in good contact with the critter to kill em'Use a little more detergent maybe...
As long as they stay soaked for a good time they are fuckin dead!If you do this in a cool room where evap. isn't to fast you may be OK with all strains...I am going to experiment more over the next couple of days..

The only thing left of the critter is a brown speck..I let it completely dry on top of a few critters to see the effect.Just took the fan leaf with me and watched:)

Burn bitch burn!!!Little fuckin borgs circuits fried :woohoo: Nuttin' but a brown fuckin' speck!

I didn't notice any harm on my ECSD - will have to watch it closer. Schrom doesn't take it well, most dies off but recovers as a skimpy-ass plant with poor yeild. Will experiment more with diluted solution. Trainwreck and SAGE will only tolerate a 150% dilution treatment.

My strains that accepted treatment fine with little or no noticeable affects-

Swt#3 - AK47 - Armed Widow - Chemdawg x MS x C99 - Deepwreck - SSSDH - Johnny Blaze - Cappucinno

Strains that need diluted treatment-Trainwreck - Double Sour Diesel v.2 - Grape Kush - SAGE - Schrom - Skush

It appears that Indica doms take it well, where Sativa doms need diluted mix. The strains with waxy-type fans take it well, the strains with dull fans don't. I guess it soaks in too fast and doesn't stay on the surface long enough, maybe more detergent in the formula.

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Toke,
I really think that evaporation rate is the key to not burning...
If it's in a room with halides and sodiums blaring the evap rate is going to be fast!
I recommend a cool room with good lighting but not high output lights...I think you will have time for the kill AND the rinse before damage sets in...
What I noticed on the ECSD was that it would dry on portions of the leaf in the first 10 minutes and even after a good rinse this is where the burn would develop...I was thinking that maybe a spraying with fresh water first would take the leaves to the saturation point and they would not be able to draw up much moisture from the solution...This could also be a viable option with experimentation...

Thanks for the killer idea Toke!
Take care..............................................CC

jorge

Would you suggest this for powdery mildew on day 23 of flower? I'm going to use a Sulpher Burner at lights out but I wanted to spray first. Would this be the safest spray to use? Covering my medium isn't very practical on a table. Can I flush and drain after? Is there another commercial spray safe to use at this stage? I seem to be having a continuous problem with powdery mildew. I'm hoping the burner will keep it at bay but I wanted to clean them first.

G

:joint: Dam, sorry -haven't been around in a few days.

If you're in flower I'd research the citrus options for mites first, but just for Powdery Mildew I use a shot of milk in the mister bottle of water, the Eradicator mix would be overkill and IMO would put the yeild at potential risk.

Normally a good misting with diluted milk every day on the PM concentrations knocks it back and eventually gets it under control, the trick is to treat as soon as you notice mildew trying to settle in.

Hope that helps, see ya in chat........... :woohoo:

Last edited:
So far, so good on my recent one-time mite eradication. Since I am about 2 weeks away from harvest, I was very reluctant to use the eradicator...borrowed a few days by rinsing my plants with plain water and putting them outside in the humid air and rain for 2 days, but the mites laughed at my feeble attempts. Finally, threw caution to the wind and blasted them with the eradicator. No plans of hitting them again, though. If the return, I'll just try to keep them at bay by misting with plain water. (I read somewhere that they absorb water in high humidity environments and explode.)

Latest posts

Latest posts