What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mister D's Vertical Redemption

Mister_D

Veteran
1 Week and Counting.....

1 Week and Counting.....

Alright so ~ 1 week before these get chopped. Thinking the keeper and skyrocket phenos of satori may need another few days beyond that, but everything else has some amber trichs showing already. First up the veg room (just for you vic ;)) I increased the feed times to 10mins 4 times a day (every 6 hours) because the plants seem to like longer feeds. Might have something to do with them being RTW, but i'm not sure. It does make certain that feed stays equal in all pots and because it's being recirculated there is no waste of nutes. I did fuck up on my add back math and ec got up to 3.8+. Some lockout occured before I caught it, but after being flushed with around 30 gals. of .6ec tap water they are down to 1.8 ec and growing fine again. I will continue water only add backs to the res until they are down to about 1.4 ec then maintain at about 1.6 ec.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mister_D

Veteran
I been formulating a plan to build racks for flower similar to what bobble is running now, with my own tweaks of course. I'm not quite ready to start building yet as my health just won't allow for me to run the big room and try dialing racks at the same time. However it's time to start doing instead of working purely in theoretics. One of the biggest factors in a system like bobbles is being able to produce enough clones to feed the beast, preferably monocrop. So I brushing the dust off of a an old clone tek I havn't used in some years and making sure i've still got what it takes. Plus a patient of mine wishes to do a sog grow, and needs clones. What I did was expand some coco, squeezed out the excess water, and filled up 12 9 plant seedling trays with clones, giving me 108 healthy cuttings. No domes, just a 2 bulb t5 about a foot above them. Lets see how I do.

picture.php

And 17 more in cups, seems like a waste of space by comparison

picture.php

Had an issue with a cheaper digital timer getting stuck in the on position a few weeks back. Decided that though it's probably not a common problem better digital timers were in order. I got these on clearance for 20 bucks each, normally they are 70 a piece. Now I don't worry so much about pumps coming on and shutting off at the right times piece of mind and all that.

picture.php

Also ran out of advanced ph down and had to switch to GH ph down as my hydro store was out of the advanced. Well i've used most of a quart in the last two weeks (i.e GH is weak as fuck). So I took a page from commerical greenhouses and opted for pure sulfuric acid instead. 5 bucks for a quart at the local auto zone (sold as battery acid). This stuff WILL burn you if you get it on your skin. So if inclined to use it, make a diluted solution (~ Two tablespoons in a gallon of RO water) or be VERY FUCKING CAREFULL! (ALWAYS MIX ACID INTO WATER, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND)

picture.php

Mister_D

Veteran
Satori Winner Pheno

picture.php

picture.php

Mystery Seed Been throwing the occasional banna for the last week. Not a problem, I just been plucking them. However instantly disqualifies her from ever being run again. I have zero tolerance for that kind of thing in my rooms. Smells fucking awesome like thai weed I got back in the early 90's

picture.php

Jack Smells like an incense factory landed on a lemon candy factory

picture.php

Romulan Smells like a hash bomb exploded everytime you even think about touching her.

picture.php

sgapetti

Veteran
what a show my friend:jawdrop: , simply stunning it is, beautiful girls for sure and so much weed:laughing:

Mister_D

Veteran
Bonz - Thanks for stopping by :bow: Freedom for bonz was/is awesome and packed full of usefull information.

Sgapetti - Thanks bro. Things are starting to come together in here, but still a far cry from full potential. Next round will be much better. I've got 4 jack herer and a romulan that are all 3+ft tall already. As long as I can keep things in line I should be close to 2lbs with those. They have had some hiccups and less than ideal enviroment, so we'll see what happens. It's all part of dialage though. Just can't wait to get some racks up and dialed so I can get to 3+ per 600 :jump:. Now that will be something to see. Follow along my friend, i've got some tricks up my sleeve yet to be revealed :blowbubbles:

G

Guest 142956

Absolutely awesome is what I am seeing now! I am certainly going to get some Satori to test. Outstanding grow, beautiful plants and fine pictures. I am glad I read through both your grows in the last couple of hours.

Man, I must've been sleeping. Post up pics for me to see and it takes me days to come around and look. How lame am I?

Veg looking really nice. Looks like the next turn is ready to go. I like your use of that corrugated material for a table. Cheap, provides airflow, and drainage. Nice.

Coco cup clones FTW. I use the clear cups. So easy and effective. I like the cups because you can root the cut and then leave them for another 1-2 weeks to further root in the cups. I have a 100% success rate with coco cups. The best part is you don't have to anything for the first couple of weeks. Best method going. I imagine the flats will work every bit as well.

Flowers look beautiful. Happy days for Mister D.

Mister_D

Veteran
Bill - Thanks for the comments. I've got a ways to go in this room before it's pumping like my big room. I've been slacking with getting things dialed in here as it's just an experimental room for now. Focus has been on the bread winner (big room). This round came out much better than last though ;). Satori is an excellent strain, very underrated for sure. Grab a pack or three, i'm sure you won't be dissappointed.

Vic - lol no rush the pics will be here whenever you make it over. Glad to still have you on board. Veg took a hit from being over fed, but they are recovering after a good flush. The basic idea for the drain table was taken from a guy named trichromefan over at the farm. I just modifed it a bit to work for me, and yes it works very well. Simple and effective are rules I build my rooms by. Less things that can go wrong, means less that will go wrong. Flood and drain will be the future veg setup once numbers needed increase. Coco cups are another example of this and I use them for the exact reason you mentioned. As shown in my first grow I let them become nearly root bound in the cups then transplant usually to a 5 gal pot. I'm using the flats because of the amount of cuts needed to feed a system like bobblepods. Just makes more sense to put 100 cuts in the same area as 20 cups will fit. This will allow me to pick the cream of the crop to be transplanted into cups once rooted. Flowers are looking much better this round, but still not up to potential.

Harvest will begin probably the day after tommorow. They are yellowing up nicely, but i'd like them to be just a bit more flushed. Amber trichs are all over. Pics to follow.

Mister_D

Veteran
Thanks diesel, I really like the xmas tree look too. If I get some time i'll snap a few pics of the jacks in flower right now. They're about 6 ft tall ;)

Bonzo :) good to see you around :biggrin:, and with a new thread even :woohoo:. I've been doing a few upgrades to both of my rooms. Will be sharing here or in a new thread once things are settled a bit.

Greeco

your plants look great! I can't wait to see vertical results. My vertical thread is my very first vertical grow. The satori is beautiful, it looks like it has hints of blue in it. They sure are producing! Great grow sir.

Mister_D

Veteran
Shhh - Thanks bro. Clones didn't fair overly well, but not because of lacking a dome. In fact I never use a dome unless my room RH is below 40% My ph pen decided to go all out of wack and I didn't catch it early enough. So they were being watered with ph of ~ 2.5. Ended up with around 70 of 120 rooting in spite of the ph problem. Gave the best 45 to a patient of mine and kept about 20 others for myself, the rest were killed. I've got another 50 or so almost rooted in 5 oz cups, doing much better as a result of correcting the ph. All in all the plants are kind of sad right now, but they will pull through. i've been doing alot of upgrades to the big room, added 6 more lights, another mini split ac, prepped the walls, floors etc. Also upgraded the service to 100amp in this room. While doing that I realized the wiring here was just scary. So I tore out all of the dry wall and rewired the whole building. Drywall is back up, just mudding and taping it all now. I built an airlock and a wall between veg and flower. Also added another light to flower in this room. I'll be doing regular updates again soon, just too damn busy with everything else right now.

Greeco - Thanks man they did ok, not dialed in yet though. All the satori's had vary degrees of blue/purple hues. One of them went completely purple, almost black. I'll be following along your grow also. You look to having a great start, and blue dream is a great strain to pop your vertical cherry with. I'm sure you will do well and learn a few things along the way. If I can help just let me know :good:

Now I must get my ass to work......

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Damn homey sounds like you need a beer :D lots of work ay... It's all fun and games though!!

My mate does his clones like that and got some nice results with big ass cuttings so I think it's the way to go if in coco. Looking forward to some new pics of the upgrades, don't forget... Beer and fatties for the breaks :joint:

sgapetti

Veteran
I know you are busy, hopefully you find the time to take some shot of the jack :violin:
Take care buddy
Peace S

Mister_D

Veteran
What's D been up too you ask? Well.......

What's D been up too you ask? Well.......

Hey gang been on hiatis for a few weeks while I got caught up. Life has been pretty wild so far this year, lots of positive and also some negatives. Ultimately due to reasons I don't have time to get into, production needed to get ramped up. So being the one man army that I am :laughing:, I went to work. Added six more 600's at the other spot, plus all the goodies to go along with it (another a/c and dehumidifer, fans, more plants, pots, etc, etc). Since I was in "build a grow" mode I went ahead and tore into this room also. As mentioned earlier I had a new 100amp service installed. Figured i'd go ahead and replace all the outlets as the everything is wired for 20amps (#12 wire), but whoever orignally wired the building used 15amp outlets? Anyway while replacing those I noticed the wiring in this place was not done to code, posing a serious fire hazard. More fun, I tore out all of the drywall, and redid all wiring. Drywall is back up, mudded and taped. Just waiting on me to throw up some primer and flat white. Kind of tired of this room looking like amatuer hour. So I built a wall between veg and flower, and an air lock around the entrance. Rebuilt the hang frame for the lights in veg, and upped the lighting to 800w of t-8 (i'll explain about that later). Also added another 600 to flower. Put my 1500cfm exhaust on a thermostat controled outlet, temps are now fully automated. Aside from my humidity being low, hovers around 30% right now, my enviromental control is solid. As life would have it, I fix one problem then another comes along to rear it's ugly head. Fucking root aphids are back :wallbash:. I had a problem with my ph pen being way off a few weeks back. Fixed that and the plants seemed to be recovering, but still looked to be having a mag deficency (should have known right then). Instead of checking for aphids I assumed it was just related to the ph being off in the media and tried to correct the problem from that angle. Now around this same time I noticed spiders and flies were starting to make their way into the room (probably from having the drywall down and typical of summer starting), so I bought some bug bombs and nuked their asses. Day after bombing I notice a bunch of root aphid flyers (mistook them for fungus gnats) in the trays my clones sit in. Ordered some SM-90 per freds recommendation (don't know why I didn't do that years ago, it's my new favorite product). Plan was to use it as a preventative for all the new media i'm about to mix up. Instead I started using it as a killer for the "gnats". 24 hours after the first watering with SM-90 I came back to check my clones and yellow sticky traps for gnats, the clone tray was full of dead root aphids (at least a 1000 of those bastards). This is when I had the oh shit moment. As some were still alive I took my clones out and lightly sprayed the tray with an extremely concentrated dose of malathion (4oz's in a quart spray bottle), then replaced the clones. My orignal thinking was the root aphids didn't like the SM-90 and were running out of the root zone. So I thought well why not have them run into a toxic wasteland to die. Yesterday I noticed tons of dead aphids in a separate clone area that hasn't gotten any malathion, just SM-90. SM-90 KILLS ROOT APHIDS! I bought Bayer Advance w/ Imidacloprid (systematic), and Spectricide Once and Done w/ Gamma-Cyhalothrin (contact killer, non-systematic) also. Might not use them if the SM-90 continues to work so well. On second thought i'll probably hit them and all media with a dose of imid. Going nuclear is the only way to completely rid ones self of these bastard bugs. I find a few hundred dead on my clone trays everyday (I clean the trays daily to monitor population decline), though it seems there are less and less each time. Ok time for a smoke break.........

A lil jack herer should do :biggrin:
picture.php

Back with more after this........