What's new

miracle gro..low funds had to go there

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
Agreed the stuff I had said that, it was yellow stuff and also said enough feed for 3 months lol they barely survived 3 weeks, but looking at the pics its done this guy well. I make my own now with worm casts, coco, westlands m/p then feed tomato feed 2 weekly, and sprinkle bat guano around surface during flower and use rain water to end.

bosshogg

Big Steve. Is correct mg moisture. Control no added perlite another bad move...I only use water since I don't wana burn. Em..
..I've. Apllied liquid. Karma. 2
Ialways put a light tbsp of sugar per gallon when watered......

bosshogg

Also. Noticed tha t. Full sun like 8-10 hours of texan sun was actally. Stressing. Plants...myere guess pot got to hott m roots stressed too..

Have them getting decent. Sun exposure same amount. Of time but tree canaopy helps n have noticed. Huge difference.

Got a really good pickust one more just to show density of indica dominant ...........peace n chicken grease

bosshogg

Dank demon sounds good just worry. Bout burning. The plants....wil it work at half strength....also we got more. Rain coming. I'm thinking mayb use at full strength. Then let theit rain water rush it thru...

..don't know yet hey thanx for all help .....

.beans n cornbread

h.h.

Veteran
If I was a plant growing in Texas, I'd be stressed as well.
Pots get pretty hot around here. Watering seems to make the situation worst. You might try shading just the pots so you don't loose too much light. I use window screen to shade everything in the extreme heat. Carpenters cloth may work as well. I know of one person using screen and misters.
Read the sticky on mulch. It will help.
Stay away from the perlite. Look for rice hulls, volcanic rock or diatomaceous earth (oil absorbent). I use the DE. Some prefer Napa. Some like to screen out the fines. I get mine at Autozone and don't screen. Works for me. Buying oil absorbent is less suspicious than buying perlite as well.
When using half strength, you can always add more. You can't take it back. I wouldn't count on the rain. It may actually serve to free more of the time release ferts, overdosing your plants.IDK. Fertilizing when under heat stress can be a double whammy.
I'm guessing that you have yucca in the area. Down and dead, half decomposed...make some tea with it by soaking it for 24 hours or so. Watering should help with water retention in your soil. When I use it as a foliar, it leaves a slight brown tint on the leaves from the humus. It seems to help with heat stress as well. I think of it as sun block, but I can't really say why it helps. It just seems to. It doesn't go through a spray nozzle very well, so I just sprinkle it on by hand, drenching the plant. I don't hit the buds in the last few weeks due to residual.
Take advantage of the heat by getting an extra season or two. You can start new plants now by supplementing the sun with 6500K fluorescent lights (daylight bulbs). This will keep them in veg. Cut the lights when you want them to flower. This will work until April or May. As the days get long again, if they are in flower, they'll reveg and you'll end up with junk.

bosshogg

So is it better just to add water n no nutes? Domt wamt to over load. Like u said
..yeah the full soon was kicking there ass
Pots r shaded n plants look good.......yeah I have some beans. To pop but really thinking. About 1 r 2 autoflowers. Sinve I have time what u think

h.h.

Veteran
That's one of the problems with time release, I can't say. It makes it harder to read your plants. If they look healthy, I'd say no. If they look really healthy, they may have too much already. That dark green that we associate with a healthy lawn is brought about by overuse of fertilizer, especially nitrogen. Nitrogen= leafy plants.
I'd probably just topdress with a little finished compost, some EWC, some mulch, and a sprinkling of oatmeal.
Don't know much about autoflowers, but I'd be tempted. Seeds only get old if not planted.

h.h.

Veteran
Oatmeal, oat bran, wheat bran, rice flour, bean flour. Grind up some mesquite seed, pod and all. Mesquite is high in protein/nitrogen. Honey mesquite flour (pods and all) is delicious.
Oatmeal will help coagulate your compost and EWC into spongy mulch. Think lumpy oatmeal. It works to hold moisture on the surface while allowing aeration. It is also a good fungal food further promoting sponginess. Mulch can be built higher without choking off the roots. I think it may work somewhat as a buffer as well.
When doing mulch, think lasagna. A little compost with EWC on top, a dusting of flour/oats, a little more compost. I don't think the order is important as much as the density. Keep it light and airy. Too light and airy though, primarily indoors, creates a haven for gnats. The coagulation from the oats helps prevent this. A few worms in the pots, won't hurt.

Larger meals will promote fungal activity, while fine flour promotes bacteria. Oat flour promotes bacteria eating nematodes. (I'm not a microscope guy, so I'll leave it to them to clarify or make any corrections.)
(The worms love it and will do the mixing for you. They don't like hot pots though.)
Every time you water, you'll spread nutrients and life into your soil.

Last edited:

supermanlives

Veteran
I have used their soil several times in a pinch. worked fine for me . I however would never consider using their ferts for flowering. been there done that. mg gives great yields but for me the taste just didn't make the grade. I have fed organic ferts in mg soil with great results in a pinch.

bosshogg

Wow
.you've. Been. A great. Help. N love the natural methods thanx a Milli ion.....everyone I really appreciate. Yall

bosshogg

Hey superman thanx ...I'm a lil scary I don't wana burn them since this mg has. 6 months. Of fertilizer .how nout cal - mag. Is tht provided r something I can add?

bosshogg

crazy shit happened as im picking small buds from undwr canoy.two see pods swolleen n covered with crystal feel into my hand from sativa dominant plant?0 males for sure only a handful off beautiful seeds....are these fem??

supermanlives

Veteran
I would cut the soil if possible, any compost works. mg use Epsom salts .the 6 month must be for low nute plants as it never lasted that long for me at all. I don't grow 6 month plants that often other than outside an moms

bosshogg

Just curious as how I got the seeds. all males were pulled and there's no male since I cit tnem out, could tnese few seeds be feminized n seeds are very healthy

h.h.

Veteran
My blueberry used to throw some unseen nanners that would result in a few female seeds.