What's new

miracle gro..low funds had to go there

bosshogg

I was really worried bout transplanting during flower, seems like to much stress when thr focusing on pushing out flowers......well i just watered them n i guess its natural, the two older fan leaves at bottom of one r all yellow while all others up top r green..
...thanx for the advice pics should b up tomorrow

G Noam

A newb here, but I hear the full gamut on MG everywhere down the years. Some swear it's just fine, while others... Aneyhew, I know from personal exp their nutes lack trace elements and overall wouldn't ' trust their soil either. As mentioned, unless they've wised up to how big the cannabis cultivation scene is and made some improvements.

bosshogg

i agree, they do lack trace elements...i got some maxicrop seaweed recently waiting to use it at half dose recommended.....rained for 3 days so will add it in on next watering. sorry bout pics everyone iam not to computer savey lol.....they will be up asap.
i got another problem though n need ya lls help. went to check on em this morning ,looking to see if the roots whr growing out bottom holes, there not yet. what i found was a massive amount of rollie pollies fralling out the holes,n all sizes.....i looked it up and they love dark,wet places and will feed on reoots and eventually stem.now they mention alot of veggies and other plants that thy prefer. my question is this. should i worry cause there was no mention of them eating cannabis but these whr gardening sites with all type of plants.

bosshogg

Iam not loseing sleep over no one. That not trying to help......iam here to learn n meet good people.thank s for dropping. By and good advice

h.h.

Veteran
Pictures don't always tell the story. When I was using MG, I would remove the plants from the soil and gently spray the roots to get all the soil off. I would then place them in a bucket of very hot tap water. I kept them alive this way for about a week before harvest. They still tasted like shit. You'd be better off printing the pictures and smoking them. I tried to recycle the soil but I was still finding time release ferts 9-10 months later. I don't know any way around this other than to not use it.
Organics isn't "like" a religion. It is a religion. With all the cults out there, choosing to believe in Mother Earth is considered odd for some reason. Perhaps it takes gold robes and ruby slippers to be accepted. While we are all sinners, we, like most religious people, try to follow the light. If you were to walk into a church, you would expect to get flack when disrespecting their gods. It is no different here. Even if MG produced the finest of the fine, it has no defense in a sustainable world.

BigSteve

HH is right about the miracle grow soil, it has time release crap in it that makes the weed taste mentholish and gives you a headache. If you get much of it, I recommend making honey oil or something similar. The miracle grow time moisture control is just horrible though. The MG powder nutrient has it's problems but doesn't make that horrible smell and headache.

I don't know anything about the potato bugs. They are all over where I live, under rocks and plants. I think they go in the pots because it's moist and nice while everything else is hot and dry. I've never had a problem nor have I heard of anybody having a problem with them. Somebody else might have a better idea.

bosshogg

Hh n big steve thanks for stopping by.bout the pics I really just wanted y'all. To see how. Healthy. They r. So no matter. Wjat I add I'm still growing in shit basically. .so Im just hoing to have pretty flowers not even. Smokeable? Hh did your flowers smell good-r pungent? Mine do........thanks for the links .....

BigSteve

The miracle grow had a lot of smell but it was very different from the same strain in different soil. I had both next to each other. It added a menthol like smell and taste. It also gave me a headache. I believe making hash out of it would be best. The time release stuff in it is not cool. Believe me.

I have a friend who got kicked out of his house and had some plants that were 65% through bud cycle. I finished them off. There were a few plants in that miracle grow time release soil, so I was able to compare to the same strain grown in something else. It's pretty gross. Looks OK, but it is not. I imagine it would make some decent honey oil.

h.h.

Veteran
Hh n big steve thanks for stopping by.bout the pics I really just wanted y'all. To see how. Healthy. They r. So no matter. Wjat I add I'm still growing in shit basically. .so Im just hoing to have pretty flowers not even. Smokeable? Hh did your flowers smell good-r pungent? Mine do........thanks for the links .....
Smelled good, looked good, tasted funky. I've smoked worst. I didn't throw it away. I did switch soils.
I didn't stop using chemicals. Grew some good weed. Then I got religion. Chemical fertilizers are bad for the soil. Bad for life. Big ag has way too much control over us. While I love the weed, it did fall a couple of notches on my priority list.
You've walked into a church brother. Stop, look around. You won't get along with everybody. Just realize we all have the same heart, the same earth. We're all here together. In return you'll learn to grow some damn fine weed and feel damn good about it.
In the mean time you got some weed, just realize you can do better.

bosshogg

Hh well put brother......you took a lot of weight off my shoulders I got beans to put out m definitly going with the good stuff...
It makes. Me proud. To share our passion as a community ......if i offended anyone one I'm sorry....
gotta build that worm bin hh.........beans n cornbread

bosshogg

Steve's Pcitures

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 7

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
I used Miracle Grow compost once that comes in the yellow and green bags, and the plants hated it and all turned yellow within weeks :( I only use it on the vegetable patch now. I hope you do not get the problems I had mate, good luck.

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
Lol there my plants growing in mg

Are you using the miracle grow compost or the granular or liquid feed they make? If its the feed then yeah that stuff is ok for outdoor plants and has great results, but has a high nitrogen level which is not ideal during flower as affects the taste and can cause head aches. But the compost they make is not the best and does cause yellowing. :ying::tiphat: Edited to add during flower sprinkle some vintage bat guano on the topsoil which will help the buds loads :)

vapor

Veteran
i agree, they do lack trace elements...i got some maxicrop seaweed recently waiting to use it at half dose recommended.....rained for 3 days so will add it in on next watering. sorry bout pics everyone iam not to computer savey lol.....they will be up asap.
i got another problem though n need ya lls help. went to check on em this morning ,looking to see if the roots whr growing out bottom holes, there not yet. what i found was a massive amount of rollie pollies fralling out the holes,n all sizes.....i looked it up and they love dark,wet places and will feed on reoots and eventually stem.now they mention alot of veggies and other plants that thy prefer. my question is this. should i worry cause there was no mention of them eating cannabis but these whr gardening sites with all type of plants.

diatoms...

BigSteve

He is using Miracle Grow Moisture Control. It is soil with time release chemicals that are horribad. Avoid it.

The Miracle Grow Organic Soil is WAY better. The weed would smoke without scaring you.

Latest posts

Latest posts