What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Minnesota boy, fed up with parents' pot, helps spur bust

I don't think exposing children to cannabis smoke is a bad thing but the article says the kid asked for the Mom to stop. If that's true then she should have stopped as it's obviously making the kid uncomfortable in some way. She could have at least got a vaporizer. Like mentioned a few times though, seems like the dad had a lot of influence over the kids decision to do this.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
how would everyone feel about a child 12 or less working on a crop? say helping chop?

seems like a decent thread for the question

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I worked at Intel they made a smoking room. The room had 3 hepa filters in the ceiling. There is no way a none smoker could go in that room without inhaling 2ND hand smoke and allot of it even with the filters. Sometimes it was so bad every time someone opened the door you could see a cloud of smoke exit the room... I dont think this would be a healthy environment for anyone... 80 people all smoking at the same time is allot of
2ND hand smoke... I stopped smoking tobacco 15 years ago. I dont care what kind of smoke it is until your children are 18 you are responsible for there welfare. Subjecting your kids or anyone's kids to a unhealthy environment is neglect IMO. Im not following the courtesy scenario. You are a parent first friends 2nd.

I would not let them touch any cannabis. You might as well ask your 12 year old to pour shoots for ya. Kids see what we do and follow our leed..Kids need to worry about one being kids...

shmalphy

Veteran
It depends on what culture you grow up in. There is no one way to live that is more right than others.
1404-rasta_girls.JPG

Some would say it is unthinkable to give a kid a joint. I think it would be more unthinkable to give them anti-depressants, amphetamines, and benzodiazapines, but then someone might call me crazy...

It depends on what culture you grow up in. There is no one way to live that is more right than others.
1404-rasta_girls.JPG

Some would say it is unthinkable to give a kid a joint. I think it would be more unthinkable to give them anti-depressants, amphetamines, and benzodiazapines, but then someone might call me crazy...
you're onto something, culture plays a huge role here.. I was watching a documentary on Indonesia and how tobacco companies are promoting smoking hardcore to kids over there because of the lax laws, and they had rolls and rolls of footage of children, mostly pre-teens who were buying and smoking cigs nonstop..

At the same time, I have family members who are teens and are on ADD meds.. They've also smoked weed with their friends and say when they take their ADD meds in the morning, they feel much higher than when they smoke a joint.

If you had to pick one, I'm sure everyone here would pick the substance that has claimed no lives. Not saying it's right to even put any form of mind altering substance in your kids bodies, but this is the world we live in today.