What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Minnesota boy, fed up with parents' pot, helps spur bust

jd4083

Veteran
I really cant be bothered collating some links for you, but just check the WorldHealthOrganisation study, not the meta study, but the real, origional study.
Look for the epidemilogical studies. Google is your friend.
Ps I dont smoke around children, or in cars with children or non smokers, and all my shit goes away when any family kids visit-its called courtesy.

Then I really can't be bothered with taking your argument seriously.

Come on guys, get with the fucking program; this is how an argument (not a disagreement, or a spitting contest, or a fist fight, but actual, logical discourse) in the real world works. When you make a statement, especially one that is not generally accepted as "truth," you back it up with evidence -- not emotionally-charged rhetoric and circular arguments, but cold, hard facts. I know this is difficult for some of you to comprehend, but there are some of us out there who actually are interested in knowing the truth even if it is uncomfortable or disconcerting to hear.

Ever want to see cannabis be as ubiquitous and socially acceptable as alcohol? The rose-colored-glasses approach is for god DAMNED sure not the way to go about it.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
At what point did I mention the legality of pot? And at what point did I say that it was okay for children to be raised in ANY of the situations that you described?

let me answer that one for you because its very easy

your first post right here

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4788206&postcount=10

let me re quote it for you and I highlighted in bold the part you said you didn't mention

Unpopular opinion incoming:

Good. Fucking grand, actually. One less inept, moronic, irresponsible parent contributing to our fucked up society. "Medicinal use" or not, keep that shit away from children. Absolutely unacceptable, and I hope he is held responsible to the full extent of the law.

now lets read what else you had to say and respond to it all in grand fashion

Let me save you some time: I didn't, because I'm not a fucking scumbag.

As I mentioned above, I am happy to have a respectful, productive argument about anything that I say on this forum (or anywhere else) -- but do not put words into my mouth. I mean what I say and say what I mean. When I have a point to make, I will god damned well make it, and you can bet the farm that it will be crystal fucking clear so that disingenuous people can't distort or twist my message. Keep your petty, childish bullshit to yourself if you can't formulate even the SEMBLANCE of a reasonable, logical argument.
smelling marijuana does not constitute getting a contact high

people smell pot without getting high all the time

its also a medically legal state

so there is no proof they were abuse with or because of pot

thank you though for projecting your miserable childhood on all the little children who might suffer at the hands of parents who suffer

REEFER MADNESS

another headier than thou fuck who is ready to separate the wheat form the chaff because the way he uses pot is different than the ways other use it

right on heady brother right on

jd4083

Veteran
let me answer that one for you because its very easy

your first post right here

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4788206&postcount=10

let me re quote it for you and I highlighted in bold the part you said you didn't mention

now lets read what else you had to say and respond to it all in grand fashion

smelling marijuana does not constitute getting a contact high

people smell pot without getting high all the time

its also a medically legal state

so there is no proof they were abuse with or because of pot

thank you though for projecting your miserable childhood on all the little children who might suffer at the hands of parents who suffer

REEFER MADNESS

another headier than thou fuck who is ready to separate the wheat form the chaff because the way he uses pot is different than the ways other use it

right on heady brother right on

I feel like if I continue responding I only validate your inane ramblings, so I'll just have to bow out and let you believe you took the prize here. Best of luck in your future endeavors, especially those which involve the rearing of children -- you are clearly going to need it.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I feel like if I continue responding I only validate your inane ramblings, so I'll just have to bow out and let you believe you took the prize here. Best of luck in your future endeavors, especially those which involve the rearing of children -- you are clearly going to need it.

medical marijuana is defined as legal in 14 states including Minnesota

its why you said i dont care if its medical or not

don't act dumb now its out of character

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Then I really can't be bothered with taking your argument seriously.
Fair enough
Ever want to see cannabis be as ubiquitous and socially acceptable as alcohol? The rose-colored-glasses approach is for god DAMNED sure not the way to go about it.
No rose coloured glasses here..Im not saying tobacco doesnt cause cancer, Im saying Passive smoking is BS.
Ive argued in the past with people who cant see any possibility of any negative ever in Cannabis-for example, I know from experience of a friend, that there is a teeny tiny link between cannabis and pyschosis-in pre-disposed ppl,as much as we might not want to admit it, and that tar from ganj, gunks up you lungs the same as any other tar from burning plant matter-so there are no rose tinted specs here.
Anyway, I have added a link for you, to a study that the "Orthodoxy" really tried to suppress--the poor guy got hounded out of his job over that study. There are a few studies into in-flight cabin crew also.
Please dont think I was advocating hotboxing the kiddies--absoloutely not, I thing cigarettes suck, and kids emulate adults, so its best to do it in front of them as little as possible.
I do agree that the mom should have got her act together when the kid complained to her
Anyway, I hope you have a nice night--we'll just have to agree to differ:)

NFD

If you are a good parent you have a good relationship with your children, what ever age they are. Communication goes both ways in a health relationship. It sounds to me like this situation was pretty dysfunctional to begin with.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Unpopular opinion incoming:

Good. Fucking grand, actually. One less inept, moronic, irresponsible parent contributing to our fucked up society. "Medicinal use" or not, keep that shit away from children. Absolutely unacceptable, and I hope he is held responsible to the full extent of the law.

Shit, I gave you positive rep by accident. Can I take it back?

badboy287

Shit let daddy have that lil fuck, all in all this sounds like a plot of the fathers, really kid you complained several times :-/... Sounds like the story editor decided to throw a lil fuel to the fire. And by some of the comments on this thread seems like the outraged ate it all up...i thought we were all for the same cause, regardless if they smoked weed AROUND the kid or not people shouldnt be put in jail like animals for shit like that, some people should at least spend a day in a jail cell for some minor shit and then ask themself if anyone really deserves such treatment ..alchohol, cigarette,meth, cocaine users etc. around kids should deserve some punishment, a kid accidentally ingesting a gram u left out is nothing compared all the other legal bullshit that can be around. Stop feeding the machine is right

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
If you are a good parent you have a good relationship with your children, what ever age they are. Communication goes both ways in a health relationship. It sounds to me like this situation was pretty dysfunctional to begin with.
this.^^

i want to chime in here. My parents have both smoked pot since before i was born. They did it in front of me quite often when i was very young. I had no idea what cannabis was at a young age. However, when i entered middle school and was subjected to DARE classes, my parents had a talk with me.

it went something like:

mom - "So you know that your father and i smoke right?"
me - "of course"
mom - "Do you think we smoke tobacco?"
me - "yes"
mom - "Actually, it is marijuana."
me - "oh."
mom - "I am telling you now because you just started public school and i know they have DARE classes. I dont want them to be passing around marijuana for the students to inspect and have you blurt out 'Hey, this smells like what my parents smoke!' If you did that, you would probably be taken away from us and put into foster care."
me - "Ummmmm, ok?"
mom - "We do not want you smoking pot, we do not want to smoke pot with you. When you turn 18 you can do whatever you want."
me - "ok"
mom - "What do you think about this?"
me - "I dont like that you guys smoke because i heard that it's bad for you."
mom - "Well when you are our age, you can make those decisions for yourself"
me - "ok"
mom - "now don't tell your friends about this"

after that, My folks stopped smoking around me. Instead they would go into their bedroom, lock the door, and turn on a fan.

little did they know that by the time I was 14 i was raiding their stash :jump::wave:

ANYWAY, in regards to this thread, fuck the kid, fuck the dad, and fuck the probation-officer mom. fuck them all.

people, communicate with your kids. If they don't like you smoking then don't do it around them.. it's that simple.

Last edited:

cliffy

The biological father probably now has custody and doesn't have to pay child support. I'm sure he's happy. Thank God I don't have kids to start bs like that!

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Piece of shit kid & biological Dad, fuck them both.

Future alcoholic & daily pill popper in the making. :moon:

Yeah guys no smoking in front of the kids !!! Instead pour a nice glass of whiskey over some ice and pop a few pain pills :jump:
The difference there is the smoke. The pain pills or the alcohol doesn't directly harm the child even if you stay sober while using them enough to watch the child. Smoking on the other hand puts off toxins in the air that the children have to breathe. This is why I will drink a beer or wine in front of mine but make all smokers go outside, myself included.

C

canavi

So sMoking cn front of kids lands you in prison, but smoking cigs while they are in the car or parents getting smashed on bud ice every night is perfectly acceptable. God bless america

I wish people would go to jail for smoking boxing their kids in the car with tobacco...

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
or drinking to excess in front of them...some of us have real bad experiences with that....

or drinking to excess in front of them...some of us have real bad experiences with that....

picture.php

shmalphy

Veteran
Let me save you some time: I didn't, because I'm not a fucking scumbag. As I have said a number of times by now I'm sure, the "pot is not AS BAD" argument is fucking sophomoric at BEST and disingenuous as hell at worst, because as far as I'm concerned, the ideal scenario to raise a child would not include ANY blatant abuse of mind-altering substances in front of them. Why is it acceptable to you and folks like you for this to be true in regards to any substance? (And yes, that includes alcohol, tobacco, and countless other perfectly legal but potentially harmful activities as well.)
Brilliant debate...

By your estimation, approximately 25% of people should be allowed to keep their kids

A simple solution? If you ever find someone to breed with (unlikely) then feel free to raise your kids however you want.

I personally wish my grandfather smoked herb instead of drinking, because i might have actually met him... My grandmother took pain pills daily, and smoked cigs. I still think she was a pretty great grandma :thank you:

I feel bad for the kid here because he is clearly a pawn in the parents' little game...

Latest posts

Latest posts