What's new

Minions of the Dark

Buzzed

Niiiccceee!
That's the kind of smoke report that feels much more human.
Fun getting someone loaded with something special.
Raping the kitchen afterwards is a bonus, maybe not to the wifey of course.

Goblin Queen is the ugly Betty weed of the bunch.
Goblins and Dark Goblins have slight mutations, but GQ takes it 10 times further.
I already have 30 pre-sorted GQ seeds ready for soil.
I have the greatest faith in finding something exotic from them.
Gotta get through the ugly sisters, then take the pretty one to the dance.

Maybe some F-2 's will be worth a try.

Looking forward to further Hippie updates.
Nice job old fella ;)
When she cures out, i noticed lavender colors. She is gorgeous no doubt.

Buzzed

Sg i was thinkin bout the cup games. I seriously think dark city diesel deserves a moment of consideration. I thought she had excellent features

Doing things the right way

Doing things the right way

Just wanted to give seafour a huge shout out when it comes to doing things the right way. Needed some help with exhausting heat from a room using ducting and a new air blower. Was going to use flex pipe but the total run was a long distance and the turns would have reduced the air flow rates. Don't want to get into to much detail but what a difference. These are just a few of the difficult corners necessary to complete the run. And the finished outlet looks very professional and draws no attention to whats behind the curtain. Great job Seafour. Will update when the lights and intake side get done. Just need to do a few other improvements first. Cheers

Attachments

• CIMG0364.jpg
    CIMG0364.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 8
  • CIMG0363.jpg
    CIMG0363.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 7
  • CIMG0362.jpg
    CIMG0362.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 10
  • CIMG0360.jpg
    CIMG0360.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 8
  • CIMG0358.jpg
    CIMG0358.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 8

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sg i was thinkin bout the cup games. I seriously think dark city diesel deserves a moment of consideration. I thought she had excellent features

1 line at a time buzz.

I still have a few DCD to run.
But also consider that I have about 30 seed lines to work on.
Nocs first, GQs 2nd, and haven't decided on the rest.
I can run a new batch every month, so hell! in 3 years I'll have a stable of fine Phillies to show off.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Just wanted to give seafour a huge shout out when it comes to doing things the right way. Needed some help with exhausting heat from a room using ducting and a new air blower. Was going to use flex pipe but the total run was a long distance and the turns would have reduced the air flow rates. Don't want to get into to much detail but what a difference. These are just a few of the difficult corners necessary to complete the run. And the finished outlet looks very professional and draws no attention to whats behind the curtain. Great job Seafour. Will update when the lights and intake side get done. Just need to do a few other improvements first. Cheers

take it as a lesson fellas.... if you aint gonna do it correctly... dont bother.

and pokin holes in a brick wall is a pain in the ass... dont try it if you dont KNOW you can finish it.....

Buzzed

Ok, Am i the only Minion non organic? I would ask for a show of hands but feel i would be the only one
Hillbilly if there was no difference in styles, we would not be exploring new limits no expanding of the mind. Minions are artists in their own right in search of the most beautiful piece of art. Peace bro, keep the darks rollin.

Buzzed

1 line at a time buzz.

I still have a few DCD to run.
But also consider that I have about 30 seed lines to work on.
Nocs first, GQs 2nd, and haven't decided on the rest.
I can run a new batch every month, so hell! in 3 years I'll have a stable of fine Phillies to show off.
I got ya. Well sir, you are way ahead of the curve. I am confident the Gardens will perform famously.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Finally, one of the GQ popped up out of the ground and threw off the hull. Waiting on the rest to show their green heads out of the soil.

Just a quick update Minions. After a replant almost a week ago the Goblin Queen seems to be rebounding with little transplant shock in her new digs. She is royality drinking the light in with about 3-4 inches new growth. First picture is one week ago. Second was one week later.

Hillbilly,
I try and add some organic methods into the mix. The light warrior seed starter has all kinds of bacteria in the soil. It's light and fluffy too. I mix coco in at about 50% for it's light airy texture and space filling properties. When they get transplanted into 1 gallon size, a small amount of subcools super soil is added. It's cooked for a month and is still hot from the bat crap and worm castings ect.

One of the feedings I apply every 12-15 days, so twice a month, is called Vermelli. A mix of bacteria and molasses and a few other things you cook for 24 hrs almost as a tea. They actually sell the kits to brew it. It's all organic and the plants dig on it. Sure you could add other stuff to it like brewed teas and such.

Sometimes I'll fill a small trash can with water and great white and a tsp of molasses as food. Then for 24 hrs with a air pump bubbling supposed to help activate the powder bacteria. Gonna try that fungus seafour suggested as well.

Do add in GH 3 part and a few other items as well. However it is spaced the same 12-15 days apart. Always seperated waterings with just plain ph"ed water. A balanced 3 feed cycle with one additional heavy watering to flush any excess salts from the soil. Also use flor a clean the last 2-3 weeks flush.

Attachments

• CIMG0350.jpg
    CIMG0350.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 8
  • CIMG0365.jpg
    CIMG0365.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 7

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Ok, Am i the only Minion non organic? I would ask for a show of hands but feel i would be the only one

It takes all kinds brother.... to fully test these genetics requires a variety of mediums and styles.... what we need is some aeroponic and aquaponic minions... even if most here do grow organic... this program is kinda dependent on having a variety of growers.... thats the only reasonable way to have a semblance of real world testing.....

HillBilly1

Veteran
We'll good to see others. Anyone do a combo? I use Roots for the main soil and add in some
FFOF, Nutes is FF GB and TB never seen much from BB, and then I make teas also. I have done a side by side with FF nutes and Roots organic line( I am an Oregonian but stuck in Cali lol buy local) and went back to FF just seems to turn out better and now the half N half thing seems to be working really well ( more micros? I don't know ) I just like to see what everyone else was doing

I run a combo HillBilly, some organic soil I recycle, some I No-Till ;)

It would also be nice to see someone running a vertical setup! AlienDawgg is a good tester, I've watched a decent amount of his grows.

Roots is gnats in a bag!

Roots is gnats in a bag!
Soo0, I have a big pile of used soil outside with leaves wintering over. Was thinking of trying to compost it or fortify it with some of the worms SG1 mentioned recently. (Red wigglers are the compost masters.) Could throw in some banana peels and egg shells and was thinking of adding lime. Could throw in some great white and molasses too. What else do you or what do you do to the organic soil you recycle?
Anyone else feel free to contrubite.

Roots as in Roots organic has gnats issues in their soil?

Soo0, I have a big pile of used soil outside with leaves wintering over. Was thinking of trying to compost it or fortify it with some of the worms SG1 mentioned recently. (Red wigglers are the compost masters.) Could throw in some banana peels and egg shells and was thinking of adding lime. Could throw in some great white and molasses too. What else do you or what do you do to the organic soil you recycle?
Anyone else feel free to contrubite.

Roots as in Roots organic has gnats issues in their soil?

Pepe,

How much soil we talking? And yes Roots is famous for having gnats right out of the bag, same with MG.

Vermicomposting is a great way to turn spent soil into amazing castings, you would want to add more base (peat/leaf mold) and aeration when rebuilding.

Going for 1/3 aeration 1/3 base 1/3 humic matter is going to do you well.

What do you have on hand for dry amendments?

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I would add an ACT (aerated compost tea) to moisten the soil. This will add more microbes to your soil. I've grown using plain old ProMix with an ACT and top dressed with about an inch of EWC. I then treated like a regular organic soil by giving a nutrient tea every two weeks. My harvest was better than any bottled nutrient grow. I'm seeing with real organic soil mix my harvest will be even better.

HillBilly1

Veteran

It would also be nice to see someone running a vertical setup! AlienDawgg is a good tester, I've watched a decent amount of his grows.

Roots is gnats in a bag!
A shot of BT mixed as you would to spray only just water it in and there gone

Adapt and Overcome

Pepe,

How much soil we talking?
Vermicomposting is a great way to turn spent soil into amazing castings, you would want to add more base (peat/leaf mold) and aeration when rebuilding.

Going for 1/3 aeration 1/3 base 1/3 humic matter is going to do you well.

What do you have on hand for dry amendments?
About 250 lbs soil. Is vermicomposting the worms suggested by SG1 or something else? So more peat/leaf mold? Where to get the leaf mold? Would fungi seafour suggested be better? Soil is a mix of coco, super soil and light warrior. Dry ingredients I have are lime, Magnisum sulfate, bat guano, worm castings, bone and blood meal, and Azomite. Can add nematodes and great white bacteria also.

I would add an ACT (aerated compost tea) to moisten the soil. This will add more microbes to your soil. with about an inch of EWC. I then treated like a regular organic soil by giving a nutrient tea every two weeks.
What is EWC? Whats the difference between a nutrient tea and the ACT? Do I do this all outside or cook it inside in a big rubber trashcan? Should I look up a recipe for cooking a aerated compost tea? Or do you have a suggestion for that?
How do I kill the bugs in the soil from outside? Cook it in an oven to heat them out? 200 degrees or higher?