What's new

Minions of the Dark

Not sure if they were white inside Hill. Was a little while ago. Nice looking Overlord Bakugan. Been battling Root aphids I picked up from FFOF soil and hope no one ever has to deal with these little bastards. All old soil is getting chucked and room sterilized. I'd avoid FFOF at all costs. Hope that helps.

Gold Hill Ganja

Veteran
Hey SG I noticed in hillbilly's pic there that the BCD has some ripple in the leaf, is that pretty standard of the blue city d? I ask because my two minion city diesels have the same ripples on the leaves, in fact they look a lot like the BCD pics I've seen.

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey SG I noticed in hillbilly's pic there that the BCD has some ripple in the leaf, is that pretty standard of the blue city d? I ask because my two minion city diesels have the same ripples on the leaves, in fact they look a lot like the BCD pics I've seen.

Some rippling, but it's the early flower canoeing that is it's most predominant feature.
As soon as flowering starts, the leaves closest to each top curl under.
Doesn't affect bud production at all.
Puts out real well actually.
Just looks like something went wrong with your watering.

Mr.Sparky

Not sure if they were white inside Hill. Was a little while ago. Nice looking Overlord Bakugan. Been battling Root aphids I picked up from FFOF soil and hope no one ever has to deal with these little bastards. All old soil is getting chucked and room sterilized. I'd avoid FFOF at all costs. Hope that helps.

Did you win? Or are you still fighting? Aphids are scarey!

Did you win? Or are you still fighting? Aphids are scarey!
They are hard to beat because they are immune to many things and you have to do complete dunk of the container to kill them. They are a small hard body insect. We'll see in a few weeks if they are gone. Veg is clear so far after 3 weeks. If you read the thread about them it is scary. One thing everyone had in common? Same soil brand. If you used it keep an eye out for crawlers. They are small black crab like live bearers. Leaves yellow and burn at the edges and tips because the nymphs are eating the roots.

Strawberry diesel at 60 days.

Attachments

• CIMG0431.jpg
    CIMG0431.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 5
  • CIMG0434.jpg
    CIMG0434.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 10

bamboogardner

Hey Guys. Another off topic subject. Any suggestions on a grow tent? I have several 1000 digital bigfoots and some smaller digital 600's I could use. Electricity here is off the chart so I can't be spending a lot on it (the electricity, not the tent). When I was running dual 1000's digital it made my electricity bill go up over $1500. That coupled with the regular household electricity of $500 made my electricity bill higher than my mortgage payment. Thanks.

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Guys. Another off topic subject. Any suggestions on a grow tent? I have several 1000 digital bigfoots and some smaller digital 600's I could use. Electricity here is off the chart so I can't be spending a lot on it (the electricity, not the tent). When I was running dual 1000's digital it made my electricity bill go up over $1500. That coupled with the regular household electricity of $500 made my electricity bill higher than my mortgage payment. Thanks.

I feel for you :comfort:, but you are a victim of some outrageous power bills for sure.
Every kind of replacement light has it's negatives.
Using enough CFLs to equal the same light as an HID is actually more costly per lumens.
LED's are your best bet watt for watt, but cost a sizable initial investment, but runs about 50% less power.
Lowering your wattage in HID usage will lower your bills slightly, but will normally lower yield by the same %.
So either ways, no good solutions.

bamboogardner

Thanks for that info. Well I will probably just use one of my existing 600's. What would be a good brand of tent to purchase. I see tons of them and don't know the difference between a good tent and a grapefruit, although I think the grapefruit would be cheaper. ;)

I have amended my old soil for outdoors per your suggestions, and it is cooking right now. A personal thanks to Seef and SG for their recommendations.

Thanks guys.

Mr.Sparky

They are hard to beat because they are immune to many things and you have to do complete dunk of the container to kill them. They are a small hard body insect. We'll see in a few weeks if they are gone. Veg is clear so far after 3 weeks. If you read the thread about them it is scary. One thing everyone had in common? Same soil brand. If you used it keep an eye out for crawlers. They are small black crab like live bearers. Leaves yellow and burn at the edges and tips because the nymphs are eating the roots.

Strawberry diesel at 60 days.

What soil brand are you going to use now? Is there a good high quality soil maybe a local brand we can trust(bug free)? Did the 115 degree water kill them? Or was it a combo of chemicals?

Also did you get your ducting finished? If not I would be willing to donate my time if needed?

Mr.Sparky

This sound like an electrical problem? Loose connection, bad splice, bad breaker defective meter? I am an electrician and I work on these things daily. I have 2600 watts and my bill is $150 $200 a month not sure if you in a legal state like me but I would consult a quailified electrician and see if he can help, might not be worth it, but better to know than chance a fire or damage equipment. Good luck bro

redlaser

Veteran
This sound like an electrical problem? Loose connection, bad splice, bad breaker defective meter? I am an electrician and I work on these things daily. I have 2600 watts and my bill is $150 $200 a month not sure if you in a legal state like me but I would consult a quailified electrician and see if he can help, might not be worth it, but better to know than chance a fire or damage equipment. Good luck bro

2600 watts in lights plus fans etc. will hit around 1k in electricity give or take in California with PG&E. I had 2400 watts just in lights and it was 8-900$ .When you hit third and fourth tier in pricing it's 33 cents a Kwh. That $150-200 a month bill sounds like around 8 cents a Kwh flat rate without the b.s tier system.

Buzzed

Wuz up all u good peeples?????? SG, hope the body is hangin in. So i got a bunch of different ztuff viin on Nd i wanted to know about big fan leaves. Kush has some very large leaves and i was aondeding if i can takem out or do i need to tie the stalks down? The dinachem is comin along fine as well as the halo, rav, gq and white widow. So far all the rav cuts havs produced very nice buds. Gq is my fav so far. Gonna do another run of noc and see if i can get it right this time. I miss the thread time but this new job demands attention right now. Work in the day farm at night. Sleep is at a premium. SG, hope u feel well.

Weyenot

Howdy good peoples, looks like I havent been the only one whos been busy!
The pics are looking superb so keep em coming:)

@SG- I dont remember when you said you were going under the knife, so Ive been including you in my prayers/meditations just to be sure. If you let me know when itll be going down Ill be sure to really put it out there at that time
On another note......Super packing job! I got my order the other day and Im impressed with the beans as well, looks like they will jump outta the ground when the time comes.
Since I got one of each pack Im planning on doing half at first so I can have room for the others I want to do as well and Im stoked to have some pics to share with the group soon enough. Thank you so much for making this possible and for doing such a thorough job!

@P le Skunk- I mightve missed this so I appologize if this redundant but have you tried needm oil? Id start with a spray and move to a soil drench if necessary; Ill be happy to share any other info if youre interested. Sounds like you mightve got it under control but I thought id mention this just in case

@buzzed- I hope youre getting some sleep bro, its important! Its easy to put off when theres stuff to do but your body will thank you and itll go better if its rested up....

as far as the leaves go, as I understand it they are blocking the light; if thats the case try just tucking them out of the way. Leaves are energy factories after all and I think its important to leave em be if at all possible

Thats all for now, I'll pop in again when I get a min

Peace everyone, be protected in all you do!

Gold Hill Ganja

Veteran
Good morning SG, minions, been bizzy mixing soil, weed wacking mowing pruning trees generally getting the property ready for summer and fire season. The seedlings are doing there thing, just transplanted them up into 3 gallon panda bags, roots were thick but not bound it was time for more room. These seedlings are destined for outside so when they are baby's I always transplant much sooner than I would a clone, I believe if you don't let the tap root get bound up that they are much more productive when they hit there final holes.
First up are minion city d, these are beasts, but they are almost never happy looking the leaves a natural ripple, and they have the look of improper watering even when the watering is proper. I think it's just the way they are.
Next we have goblin god, so far my personal favorite, she is just singing to me
And then we have pimp daddy purps, she is super slow by far the runt of the litter but that's ok GDP is always slow it isn't until later it gets vigorous.

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Howdy good peoples, looks like I havent been the only one whos been busy!
The pics are looking superb so keep em coming:)

@SG- I dont remember when you said you were going under the knife, so Ive been including you in my prayers/meditations just to be sure. If you let me know when itll be going down Ill be sure to really put it out there at that time
On another note......Super packing job! I got my order the other day and Im impressed with the beans as well, looks like they will jump outta the ground when the time comes.
Since I got one of each pack Im planning on doing half at first so I can have room for the others I want to do as well and Im stoked to have some pics to share with the group soon enough. Thank you so much for making this possible and for doing such a thorough job!

Apr 16th is my knee replacement date.
Anxious and hesitant at the same time.
Thanks for your well wishes.

The bean packs(ziplocks w/bamboo) were my doing, the rest was packed by the seedbay fellas.
I'm glad they are doing a fine job.
My personal seed testing shows 95% pop rates.
They should pop in soil within 4 days.

Official welcome to the minions.
I feel your great attitude will add to the group.
We all love pics :biggrin:

Good morning SG, minions, been bizzy mixing soil, weed wacking mowing pruning trees generally getting the property ready for summer and fire season. The seedlings are doing there thing, just transplanted them up into 3 gallon panda bags, roots were thick but not bound it was time for more room. These seedlings are destined for outside so when they are baby's I always transplant much sooner than I would a clone, I believe if you don't let the tap root get bound up that they are much more productive when they hit there final holes.
First up are minion city d, these are beasts, but they are almost never happy looking the leaves a natural ripple, and they have the look of improper watering even when the watering is proper. I think it's just the way they are.
Next we have goblin god, so far my personal favorite, she is just singing to me And then we have pimp daddy purps, she is super slow by far the runt of the litter but that's ok GDP is always slow it isn't until later it gets vigorous.

Watching all the OD Cali growers with anticipation.
:woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts