What's new

Mini Split? Line set bending and torque of flare nut

G

Guest 18340

Is the flare any different than the standard big box store flare tool would make?
*EDIT*
Look through the Mitsu install manual and it gives you the specs for flares. The flare itself has to be at a certain depth.
I would not trust pre flared line sets. I cut the flares off and reflared them myself.

41hope

I'm gonna add mini splits to a rental unit. Any advice in which unit or units to purchase, how to install? If its best to hire a hvac tech to install I will but I would like to know how realistic is it to sef install with zero experience. Also gonna use in a rental so looking for units that are best for future relocationl. Advice where to purchase unit and where to find hvac tech appreciated.

Smokerman

Veteran
I'm gonna add mini splits to a rental unit. Any advice in which unit or units to purchase, how to install? If its best to hire a hvac tech to install I will but I would like to know how realistic is it to sef install with zero experience. Also gonna use in a rental so looking for units that are best for future relocationl. Advice where to purchase unit and where to find hvac tech appreciated.
I manage a medium sized HVAC company (15 trucks). When a customer calls us to install a product they bought I generally price high for labour and materiials as we make our money on selling installed equipment. Also any warranty issues become the customers if they buy their own equipment.

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
I used the 15' line set I had, and all seems well.

The manual only talks about adding 410a if you are over 25'.

Checked the factory flares against my practice flares, the factory ones looked better.

Cross your fingers, seems like the genie is staying in the bottle.

I have got to say how impressed I am with how quiet the unit is. My old window shakers could be heard rumbling away while running. With the Mini you have got to look and see if the fan is spinning to know if the outdoor unit is running, because other wise it is silent.

Putting it through some trials while vegging under 2k, and so far so good.

Thanks for all of the timely help and advice ICMAG!

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol

ya overcharging blows seals in compressors and doesnt work

fucking idiots
hermetically sealed compressors don't have seals to blow.
Fact: to much refrigerant will cause liquid refrigerant to come back to the compressor causing damage. to little refrigerant will not be a consistent liquid to the expansion device and there for will not boil off properly for cooling. 19 years in the hvac field tells me this :tiphat:
also you can get a conduit bender from homedepot for around 30 bux. use it and return it :D

Latest posts

Latest posts