What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary đźŚź Mindblower… from Maha

MallardDuck

Sorry yeah I knew you got the mindblowers mom from those guys in Hawaii, but I meant didnt you recently pop a bunch of Mindblower seeds and select a nice representation? You should make her pregnant lol

I cant pretend that I am an expert in hazes or even haze hybrids but from what i have read and friends have told me hazes usually dont get called 'loud'... MB could be the the favorite of Rage Against the Machine its so loud.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Sorry yeah I knew you got the mindblowers mom from those guys in Hawaii, but I meant didnt you recently pop a bunch of Mindblower seeds and select a nice representation? You should make her pregnant lol

I cant pretend that I am an expert in hazes or even haze hybrids but from what i have read and friends have told me hazes usually dont get called 'loud'... MB could be the the favorite of Rage Against the Machine its so loud.

I see, now I understand.;)

well yes I keep fuel pheno and chocolate pheno for now.

I was thinking about using mindblower males more than females... onto some cuts.

but never forget that the magic is brought by male.

and I am still fully busy with Mr. Shine projects. I plan to make new hawaiian haze in cooperation with one friend who selected superior cuts of molokai frost.

I also want to try Mr. Shine in combination with african sativas. malawi gold or zamal, I will see what I will find...

it is two years now from moment I used it for first time, on trainwreckthai, pakithai and kona gold... I think his progeny is very well proved now, not only indoors, but in various climate, like SoCal, Hawaii, South France, and South Asia too..

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
That sounds very interesting Maha... ever since visiting the Maui I am very interested in Hawaiian cannabis...
yes, some hawaiian heirlooms have something special about it. some contain a lot of mexican genetics, so that is something for you. most of them were preserved outside of Hawaii though... molokai frost is exception. and there is always some indica mixed in... that is reason why to cross it with thaihaze.

I grew molokai frost hybrids from motarebel around 2012, I think cross with white shark and bubba kush. but those were indicas. good weed though.

we got good results with our hawaiian hazes. problem is that dutch seed makers used "term" hawaiian haze for their thing, so when you say hawaiian haze, a lot of people get that dutch thing on their mind... but for example mindblower beats any dutch haze a period...

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
should’ve let it cure , bit green tasting .. however the effects are right on target...
3B3AB239-7126-4643-A278-A7F1E7F55E00.jpeg
28120DA0-290E-4315-8CF1-201A6D449D60.jpeg
DCA459EE-20F9-423D-AF1B-A04CD0AD274D.jpeg
A1D6BA14-F674-4169-95AD-383ABDCA7CBF.jpeg

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Perhaps a BX with Mr Shine would bring out some interesting recessive traits hidden in him!
probably yes, but crucial critical point of MB is that it is F1. and not BX.

in BX statistic curve for exceptional plants gets worse compare to F1. much worse. also weak sides(everything and everybody has weak sides) are better masked in F1. grow F1s Duck.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
well when something is inbred, it doesnt have to mean it is depressed, no. inbreeding depression is just extreme form of inbreeding, it is not necessary imo. it is usually caused when breeder focuses on fixing certain single trait too much, or by using low numbers at reproduction, which is done by pollen chuckers mainly.

and F1s are not only about hybrid vigor. but also about uniformity, about occur of unique and unusual expression(1 plus 1 = 3) etc... I intentionally used only 1 to 1 parents to reduce variability. but if you want to work line further, up to F5 let say, it is far from ideal to use only 2 parents, it is fail in fact, in this point of view. thats the truth.

here you go.

full

grow 1 to 1 F1 hybrids for final product. preserve inbred lines for future generations.

Latest posts

Latest posts