What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Milo Yiannopoulos....What an interesting person.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I couldn't get too far into your post to see the hypocrisy.

Do you know how the Palestinians conquered the Holy Land?? By the guide of Muhammad! They killed all who opposed Islam even the Jewish people.

Of course early Jews did the same. Joshua and the Israelites killed Cannanites men, women and children.

The entire Jewish faith, Christian faith and at last Muslim faith was built on blood!! Sure it's easy to take the high road and call Jews terrorists. But that is the very reason we are on the path to an all out Holly War. Nothing to do with race it's 100% to do with religion.

The Jews fled to Europe the British, Christians sent them back to their Holy Land and around and around it goes... World Panted Blood!! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_wRH9esYgnk

and more name calling.
i can tell you didnt read the full post, nor understand it very well.

edited to add:

your knowledge of history is severely lacking, Muslims didnt take Jerusalem from the Jewish people, in fact they let them back in after 400 years of absence, not that those days are even relevant to today, but interesting non the less, ( i can't go to my neighbor and tell him to give me his house because my ancestor lived there in biblical times after all. although we have to accept that they won it, just like it's been won over 50 times in its history):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jerusalem#Rashidun,_Umayyad_and_Abbasid_Caliphates_period

Last edited:

packerfan79

Veteran
So someone that makes $10,000/yr should be taxed at the same flat rate as Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates? economic illiteracy at it's finest.

and therein lies the problem. statistically not every one can or will be rich. there's always going to be someone above and below you in a capitalist economy.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

you're punching down at the wrong people lol. why should a person who studies to become a doctor, works hard their entire lives to make a salary of $200-$400k/yr only to pay a similar or higher tax rate than some one like mitt romney who pays less taxes on more income for doing less work than someone like a doctor, dentist, ect.

same can be said for a program like social security. the average joe pays into social security at a 100% rate. meaning 100% of their income gets taxed for social security. and again someone like mitt romney would only be taxed for social security on his first $118k. the other 99% of his income goes entirely untaxed for social security.
again is this fair for people who bust their asses all day every day for their entire lives?

last i checked we have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. it's written right in our founding documents :tiphat:

the economy is rigged. all data points to what your saying not to be true.

what do you call an economy where 50% of wage participants qualify as living in poverty? a failed system?

You fail to account for the laziness and entitled people. If you don't work you don't eat. I never said it would be easy, but if you bust your ass you won't have what you want.

Less than 1% of Americans will ever live in what is world wide poverty. If you have a car, cellphone, and a house to live in you are not living in poverty.

Their is nothing wrong with payi g a Dr. 400k to 500k, when you spend 500k on school.

Cannavore

Veteran
You fail to account for the laziness and entitled people.
not every person in the country works or is qualified for work. what should we do about them? shall we turn on the gas chambers and rid the undesirables? lol

If you don't work you don't eat. I never said it would be easy, but if you bust your ass you won't have what you want.
more social darwinist bs

Less than 1% of Americans will ever live in what is world wide poverty. If you have a car, cellphone, and a house to live in you are not living in poverty.
i didn't say world wide poverty lol. $30,000 is considered living in poverty by western standards or at the very least american standards.

most third world countries have cell phones and homes so bad examples;
mobile-phone-ownership-Inforgraphic.jpg

Their is nothing wrong with payi g a Dr. 400k to 500k, when you spend 500k on school.
that's not what i said whatsoever.

Why should a Doctor who makes $500k, pay a income tax rate of 39.6% while someone who makes an equal or higher salary from capital gains pays less taxes? Again I'll use the example of Mitt Romney. In 2011, Mitt Romney made $14 million dollars and paid an effective tax rate of 14%. He did less work for more money. This is what is meant when someone like Warren Buffet says he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary.

packerfan79

Veteran
not every person in the country works or is qualified for work. what should we do about them? shall we turn on the gas chambers and rid the undesirables? lol

more social darwinist bs

i didn't say world wide poverty lol. $30,000 is considered living in poverty by western standards.

most third world countries have cell phones and homes so bad examples;
View Image

that's not what i said whatsoever.

Why should a Doctor who makes $500k, pay a income tax rate of 39.6% while someone who makes an equal or higher salary from capital gains pays less taxes? Again I'll use the example of Mitt Romney. In 2011, Mitt Romney made $14 million dollars and paid an effective tax rate of 14%. He did less work for more money. This is what is meant when someone like Warren Buffet says he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary.

I guess equality is only ok when you are taking from hard working Americans. I must say it's funny when you claim, low income Americans are going to pay more in taxes, except low income Americans pay ZERO taxes.

You have missed the point of liberty, taking from those who have earned is not liberty. It's the definition of tyranny.

As far as big government loon like Warren Buffett, I will belive it when I compare the actual tax returns.

Cannavore I don't expect you to understand life, liberty and the pursuit happiness. They are not compatible with the leftist belifes.

pinkus

Veteran
Just some notes: Israel and Jews are NOT synonymous or the same thing, though one can be both. Arabic peoples are also Semitic. The most anti-jewish peoples are also Semitic.

Being anti-Isreal is NOT being antisemitic OR anti-Jewish.

Cannavore

Veteran
I guess equality is only ok when you are taking from hard working Americans.
how do you come to this conclusion? did you even read this paragraph or did you just see the name Warren Buffet and go into a blind rage against "libtards"?

"Why should a Doctor who makes $500k, pay a income tax rate of 39.6% while someone who makes an equal or higher salary from capital gains pays less taxes? Again I'll use the example of Mitt Romney. In 2011, Mitt Romney made $14 million dollars and paid an effective tax rate of 14%. He did less work for more money. This is what is meant when someone like Warren Buffet says he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary."

^ so if my brain is screwed in properly today, that paragraph i just wrote sounds like i want taxes lowered on hard working americans like doctors as well as the middle class.

I must say it's funny when you claim, low income Americans are going to pay more in taxes, except low income Americans pay ZERO taxes.
most of america is low income. well over half the country makes $75k or less with at least 50% making $30k. Trump's tax plan is a net tax increase on american wage earners of $75k or less. i'm not sure what you were expecting here. when the rich have all the money of course they pay more in taxes.

You have missed the point of liberty, taking from those who have earned is not liberty. It's the definition of tyranny.
can you give me actual examples instead of constantly speaking in rhetoric? who do i want to take from? and also if the economy is rigged to benefit the people controlling the government, is all that money truly earned or are they benefitting from a corrupt system?
i'm not talking about someone who works for a living in the real world. i am talking about a tenth of a percent of the population who sit on top of our economy like parasites and pay no taxes, stash wealth offshore, own the politicians and govt, ect.

As far as big government loon like Warren Buffett, I will belive it when I compare the actual tax returns.
warren buffet advocates a tax increase on himself and tax relief for the middle class and you call him a loon. the right is so propagandized it's sad. and he released his taxes.

Cannavore I don't expect you to understand life, liberty and the pursuit happiness. They are not compatible with the leftist belifes.

more rhetoric

CaptainDankness

and more name calling.
i can tell you didnt read the full post, nor understand it very well.

edited to add:

your knowledge of history is severely lacking, Muslims didnt take Jerusalem from the Jewish people, in fact they let them back in after 400 years of absence, not that those days are even relevant to today, but interesting non the less, ( i can't go to my neighbor and tell him to give me his house because my ancestor lived there in biblical times after all. although we have to accept that they won it, just like it's been won over 50 times in its history):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jerusalem#Rashidun,_Umayyad_and_Abbasid_Caliphates_period
What name calling? I just pointed out the hypocrisy of you calling Jews terrorists. Lol, we gave them their holy Land back after being killed off by Muhammad, those who survived ran to Europe.

CaptainDankness

how do you come to this conclusion? did you even read this paragraph or did you just see the name Warren Buffet and go into a blind rage against "libtards"?

"Why should a Doctor who makes $500k, pay a income tax rate of 39.6% while someone who makes an equal or higher salary from capital gains pays less taxes? Again I'll use the example of Mitt Romney. In 2011, Mitt Romney made $14 million dollars and paid an effective tax rate of 14%. He did less work for more money. This is what is meant when someone like Warren Buffet says he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary."

^ so if my brain is screwed in properly today, that paragraph i just wrote sounds like i want taxes lowered on hard working americans like doctors as well as the middle class.

most of america is low income. well over half the country makes $75k or less with at least 50% making $30k. Trump's tax plan is a net tax increase on american wage earners of $75k or less. i'm not sure what you were expecting here. when the rich have all the money of course they pay more in taxes.

can you give me actual examples instead of constantly speaking in rhetoric? who do i want to take from? and also if the economy is rigged to benefit the people controlling the government, is all that money truly earned or are they benefitting from a corrupt system?
i'm not talking about someone who works for a living in the real world. i am talking about a tenth of a percent of the population who sit on top of our economy like parasites and pay no taxes, stash wealth offshore, own the politicians and govt, ect.

warren buffet advocates a tax increase on himself and tax relief for the middle class and you call him a loon. the right is so propagandized it's sad. and he released his taxes.

more rhetoric
What if I told you that dollars are paper?? And gold is a stone??

Can't eat gold or paper, why should I trade my corn for it??

Oh, yes got to pay my taxes for war and the poor. God forbid I give my corn to the poor like a free man...

Cannavore

Veteran
zionism created the state of israel, on land occupied by others. palestine came to the table for a two state solution. israel did not and they continue to expand their territory (illegally) while bombing loads of women and children.

not really any different than terrorism. and it's state sanctioned.

the US aides terrorists by proxy. this is nothing new and it's been blowing up in our faces pretty steadily since Reagan armed the mujahideen. if we really cared about world peace and all that shit we wouldn't be supporting something like 70% of the planet's dictators.
we're aiding saudi arabia right now commit a genocide in yemen in the form of supplying them with weapons. yemen is one of the poorest countries in the region, currently has a cholera outbreak, and are under blockade by the saudis. it's an absolute atrocity.

Cannavore

Veteran
What if I told you that dollars are paper?? And gold is a stone??

Can't eat gold or paper, why should I trade my corn for it??

Oh, yes got to pay my taxes for war and the poor. God forbid I give my corn to the poor like a free man...

voluntary charity cannot replace something like a government program against poverty, hunger, or something that gives people health insurance. social security for example has reduced poverty in elderly americans significantly. from nearly half of all seniors living in poverty to around 10% or whatever the numbers are now.

ron paul in the 2008 president debate embodied this half baked libertarian theory perfectly when he was asked who what happens to someone who doesn't want to buy insurance but gets sick. people in the crowd agreed he should be left to die. and ron paul says charity and the church could play this role which is fairy tales.
if you think churches and charity can reduce elderly poverty or supply the uninsured with health care that's just nuts.

how bout we tax churches and all religious institutions and put that money toward health care for the uninsured lol.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
What name calling? I just pointed out the hypocrisy of you calling Jews terrorists. Lol, we gave them their holy Land back after being killed off by Muhammad, those who survived ran to Europe.

what ever man, this is so disingenuous, my words were very specific. i never said the Jewish people are terrorists, i said that terrorism was used to help get the state of Israel created. just read the wiki link, even main stream history accepts that much.

Mick

Veteran
I guess equality is only ok when you are taking from hard working Americans. I must say it's funny when you claim, low income Americans are going to pay more in taxes, except low income Americans pay ZERO taxes.

You label yourself as Christian yet everything you say smacks of greed, which is the exact opposite to the teachings of Christ. Like “the last will be first and the first will be last, 'the meek shall inherit the earth”, blah, blah. At the end of the day, a lack of empathy is the same thing as greed, and I can understand why you'd think to yourself, “EMPATHY, gotta get me some of that”, and rush out and join the church, which is all well and good, but people like you are taking over that church and turning it into something else. Example, you've said once that sharing the money around and creating a fairer society is breaking 2 of your gods commandments, like “thou shalt not steal”. Can't remember the second but I bet that was a pisser too. I wonder sometimes whether people can cultivate empathy, and I doubt it, but good luck anyway.
Ps, if I was you I'd check my god doesn't have retractable horns:)
Anyway, cya in the soup.

packerfan79

Veteran
You label yourself as Christian yet everything you say smacks of greed, which is the exact opposite to the teachings of Christ. Like “the last will be first and the first will be last, 'the meek shall inherit the earth”, blah, blah. At the end of the day, a lack of empathy is the same thing as greed, and I can understand why you'd think to yourself, “EMPATHY, gotta get me some of that”, and rush out and join the church, which is all well and good, but people like you are taking over that church and turning it into something else. Example, you've said once that sharing the money around and creating a fairer society is breaking 2 of your gods commandments, like “thou shalt not steal”. Can't remember the second but I bet that was a pisser too. I wonder sometimes whether people can cultivate empathy, and I doubt it, but good luck anyway.
Ps, if I was you I'd check my god doesn't have retractable horns:)
Anyway, cya in the soup.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, so people who keep what they earn is greed. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. People who get money without working isn't greed hum sounds like hypocrisy.