What's new

Might be going away for 2 less a day

Mikenite69

Veteran
That is harsh simply for the fact that you have been on house arrest for that long. I would ask my lawyer that what my damn house arrest counted for nothing that is like being in jail for a couple of years in itself except u still have the luxury a of home.

So I was right when I said it was for the firearms possession not the pot.
I take it you don't have your firearms licence, and you were caught with over a QP?

Jonny Lan

Veteran
yes and i had no drugs on me incident to arrest. cops where looking for me on the trafficking and it turned out someone i was dealing with was a cop… my lawyer was able to beat the trafficking on the basis of entrapment. officers of the law are not allowed to encourage you to engage in an offense you would otherwise not commit. i had no criminal record and he pretty much made me traffic to him. he had no reason to assume i was a dealer so my lawyer beat thAT up...

Jonny Lan

Veteran
That is harsh simply for the fact that you have been on house arrest for that long. I would ask my lawyer that what my damn house arrest counted for nothing that is like being in jail for a couple of years in itself except u still have the luxury a of home.
right!!!! its crazy i was a teenager at the time and now I'm 22 and a father. I'm back in school on my way to become a botanist. complete 360 in my life and let me remind you i had no criminal record before this. the firearm was also not loaded although i had the ammo on me….

Jonny Lan

Veteran
you'll get probation...unless you have any priors...DJXX
Man i pray your right… u were right about my buds getting there stink! starting to smell like chronic in the room my tent is in lol.
why do u feel i will get probation?

Hey man, first thanks for the details...was it just one gun or did you have an arsenal? I really think based on your story that you have already gone through enough. I think you'll get far less that what you are thinking...likely probation.

DJXX

Veteran
do you have prior charges....you said you have been on house arrest...i have been in trouble before in the US...not Canada...but usually the first time being sentenced they give probation..in the US anyways...do you have a paid attorney or is it a public defender...if its a second charge you might have to sit down a bit...showing that you are a decent citizen will help your case...good luck DJXX

growshopfrank

Veteran
So basically in march 2011 I was arrested for firearm possession and trafficking. I've been on house arrest since. I had a trial for these things in April. I beat the trafficking charges but the firearm stuck. I am being sentenced next month in august and that day if I am given time I will be apprehended on the spot. The crown is asking for 2+ my lawyer is asking for prohibition. I'm PRAYING that worst case scenario I get 2 less a day if I do get time...

By house arrest do you mean released on recognizance with a heavy curfew or were you actually sentenced to some home time?

Jonny Lan

Veteran
By house arrest do you mean released on recognizance with a heavy curfew or were you actually sentenced to some home time?
Recognizance and my lawyer said that this is just how the process goes and I have to wait till I'm sentenced. My lawyer used to work under Clayton Ruby and now has here own firm. She doesn't usually except legal aid but really felt for me case so took it on.

growshopfrank

Veteran
Recognizance and my lawyer said that this is just how the process goes and I have to wait till I'm sentenced. My lawyer used to work under Clayton Ruby and now has here own firm. She doesn't usually except legal aid but really felt for me case so took it on.

that's good news
having a lawyer that cares about you and your case makes a huge difference in how you get treated by the courts

blastfrompast

Veteran
I'm guessing it was a RESTRICTED weapon...IE a handgun, AR, etc.

If so...I would PRAY for a miracle...

If it was just a .22 from grandpa....no worries mate.

growshopfrank

Veteran
I'm guessing it was a RESTRICTED weapon...IE a handgun, AR, etc.

If so...I would PRAY for a miracle...

If it was just a .22 from grandpa....no worries mate.

yep restricted firearms carry a mandatory sentence BUT there have been a couple of cases in the media of late where the judge has gone against the MM sentencing

morningdewd

in Nevada where pot is legal in the US if you have a gun in a legal grow area your toast,if you have a gun and you have a med card and any weed on u even less than an oz your toast.want to land in jail in the US combine guns and weed.try buying a firearm in the US and have medical card,usually takes about a year to catch up then then bam your done u cant buy a gun.ive never been arrested and had 2 parking tix in last 14 years and have paid my taxes.i cant buy a gun in a store.when it comes to the law guns and weed are a nono.

blastfrompast

Veteran

Jonny Lan

Veteran
Only 2 I know of is 1 where the guy just took a picture of himself holding a restricted weapon and posted pictures.
Leroy Smickle

Here is one that might fit closer to your case...more charges tho
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2..._gun_sentences_battled_in_toronto_courts.html
im praying and hoping man. i heard David Kawal got 5.5 years mins 2.5 he did while waiting for his trial. All i have is time on house arrest a few letters from a psychiatrist, teacher from school, social worker and an employer willing to hire me if i get off house arrest.

Latest posts

Latest posts