What's new

midwest growers unite

L

lostinethereal

Largest JLP SDxOG F2

Mandala Hashberry F2

Here are a couple of shots. All 3 of the hashberry are relatively uniform and were started one day (about 20 hours actually) prior to the SDOGs. Both of the sdogs were quite small, I didn't know what to expect of the second one but they're looking just fine now. Finally some success with germination, I had some terrible luck there for awhile but now it's all good :joint:

And holy crap this group is getting huge. Hell yeah. Seems like almost everyday brings a new member.

dj.scotfree

dontstepongrass: Nice! I hope your JLP SD'z are coming along! Sounds like some great stuff! HAPPY LITTLE TREES...lol

Bababooey: Thanks for the pictures! Yea, we got a bit of snow too! I had to bring my soil inside and let it sit for a day... I am sure the plants are thanking me... Finally is getting warmer today though 21 F right now. Going to have some nice smoke soon! Wow, I'm impressed with how your Thai is coming around and budding! Prob take you what 3 more months of flower... J/K....ha ha sorry...Looking good though! Man I grew a full sativa once, I FIM'ed her @ 10 inches....she went to 5 feet...WOW!? I'm with ya on tryin' to get kinks out...It seems I do great (cloning) for a couple months..then it takes forever for them to root...I dunno

Uncle Remus: Welcome to the club! Peace, Love & Growth to you & yours in 2009

Last edited:
G

It's a boy!

I killed Bob today. No need for the extra pollen count in the air.

Collected pollen on cotton pads. Then lightly tapped the cotton over the lower branches of the female. Still hoping to have the top conna for consumption along with seeds.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
I have some...
Sunshine%20Mix%202%203.8%20cf.jpg
that was left outside in the freezing temperatures these last few weeks and was wondering if this will effect it in anyway?

oohcow

Hello all, I know i'm boring as hell but I just flipped 12/12 on my 7 mexican bagseeds... they are under 600w hps and in all organic soil.

I am waiting a week to fully determine sex, but from what My noob ass can see, i have 3, possibly 4 girls... 2 are probably males, and 1 is unknown. I wish i had a camera

I will for sure have pics up when i'm further along in 12/12

Chef Dude

representing Ohio

representing Ohio

His Dudeness here representing us growers of the state who is round on both ends and high in the middle!

Im running a 600w hydrofarm mh in my veg room with sweet tooth, mental floss, and white russian mommas at about 7 weeks now, 13 of the same mix of genetics under 300w equivalent cfls x 6, two weeks from moving to the flower room. 50 freshly taken clones of all three genetics will provide the next run of children and keep on my steady once a month harvest shcedule.

My flower room is a 1000w hydrofarm on a 4ft light track, ventilated by an 8 inch centrifugal through a 36 inch carbon filter and all surrounded by a 76"x76"x76" hydro hut tent. I have 12 mental floss plants and 8 sweet tooth plants 2.5 weeks into flower on a 12 hour day/night cycle.

I use all advanced nutrients brand supplements and botanicares pure blend organic base nutrients. Including, carbo load, tarantula, piranah, voo doo juice, jumpstart, sweet leaf, big bud, bud blood, and over drive. i grow in an organic soil/perlite mixture and water by hand. my mother plants are in 30 gallon containers and i take close to 40 cuttings per momma every month.

Currently I am growing a low number but large plants in 5 gal grow bags, and working on switching over to double or tripple the plant count by going to 3 gal bags and eventually aeroponics(after a few more harvests:laughing: )

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
pictureid=3743[/IMG]
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

OldBastard

His Dudeness here representing us growers of the state who is round on both ends and high in the middle!

Im running a 600w hydrofarm mh in my veg room with sweet tooth, mental floss, and white russian mommas at about 7 weeks now, 13 of the same mix of genetics under 300w equivalent cfls x 6, two weeks from moving to the flower room. 50 freshly taken clones of all three genetics will provide the next run of children and keep on my steady once a month harvest shcedule.

My flower room is a 1000w hydrofarm on a 4ft light track, ventilated by an 8 inch centrifugal through a 36 inch carbon filter and all surrounded by a 76"x76"x76" hydro hut tent. I have 12 mental floss plants and 8 sweet tooth plants 2.5 weeks into flower on a 12 hour day/night cycle.

I use all advanced nutrients brand supplements and botanicares pure blend organic base nutrients. Including, carbo load, tarantula, piranah, voo doo juice, jumpstart, sweet leaf, big bud, bud blood, and over drive. i grow in an organic soil/perlite mixture and water by hand. my mother plants are in 30 gallon containers and i take close to 40 cuttings per momma every month.

Currently I am growing a low number but large plants in 5 gal grow bags, and working on switching over to double or tripple the plant count by going to 3 gal bags and eventually aeroponics(after a few more harvests:laughing: )

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
pictureid=3743[/IMG]
picture.php
picture.php
http://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=248&pictureid=1641[/QUOTE]

Thats one sweet looking garden. very sweet!

Looks like you missed the html on the last one though.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
old bastard - what strain are those?

chefdude - which sweet tooth # is that? also what mental floss pheno are you running?

Chef Dude

lcoop4, the mental leans more toward sativa and doesnt have as much color as some that ive seen, will turn purple late in harvest with cooler temps. the taste is very reminiscent of grape-ish berry and hash.

the sweet tooth was donated in clone form and very indica, it stays short and tight as far as flowering goes and im looking forward to some very dense and weighty looking nugs. Im not sure which sweet tooth it is and i actually have a few of another sweet tooth strain, which is more sativa leaning from a different source(I'm not as excited about these as I am the indica version) I was hoping that my postings on here would help me to figure out which version it is, so any help in true identification would be greatly appreciated.

old bastard, thank you for the warm notes man, always makes me feel good to get the approval of my brothers in the cause. I am still building my grow room, as I believe i always will be since it pays for its own improvements and only good things can come. That said any tips or advice would be appreciated as well.

Justa6655321

Veteran
What up gentlemen?

how long do most of you veg your clones before you flower? i'm experimenting with putting some directly into 12/12...

Chef Dude

also I'm making a point to keep a photo grow journal from now on so look for constant updates and like always feel free to shoot any advice my way. I'm leaning heavily toward an aeroponics set-up with intelliclimate or harvest master control units. i want to harvest every month with one month veg in a seperate chamber as i have set up now. i was also thinking of moving o two 600 w hps lamps in my flower room once im set up aeroponically or before it it would be beneficial.

Chef Dude

this will be my first harvest and judging by their size at 3 weeks which is what those pics are of, I will be more than happy with it, thanks for the info though.

Macster2

if you read the write up it says that they are mature at 6 weeks however they'll get bigger if you leave them longer, now I have a decision to make.

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
Nice thread guys... many beautiful ladies!

I like it!:joint:

lc00p4
Got that in the mail this morning. Woot!!

Chef Dude

gotta represent your roots baby, its the only way! lets blow the midwest up and and make it the epicenter of all things cannabis in the US. Cali has long held this coveted title but we can take it!!

on a side note, dj, I am totally jealous because i just lost the auction for super silver haze last night, and theres only a 5pack left. I'm bidding on it and hope i win I've wanted this strain as a father since i first heard of it.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
PB: collecting pollen on cotton swabs sounds like a good idea. i might have to try that in the future, when i actually get some pollen that i want.

CM: i think the soil should be fine. im pretty sure the companies that make it dont keep it at room temp all the time.
only thing i found is that if its real frozen, you just have to let it thaw first before putting plants in...

OC: ur gonna learn a lot from a bagseed grow. is it pretty dank bagseed or just mexibrick?

OB: those are some beautiful babies!

CD: that's quite a supplement list you have there? i threw some money down on a few supps recently. do you find that they are all really necessary? seems like you're running close to 10 different supps....
great looking grow, btw. what brand of soil do u use?
i dont know much about aeroponics. i imagine it might be somewhat tricky to get dialed in if youve never done it before. do u veg in a tent also?

JU: last run i would put clones into 12/12 that were like 2 nodes and they would stretch to over a foot. ive since mucked it all up and the last run was severely undernuted, for some reason i got it into my head that i was overnuting them (stoner logic...sigh). things WILL be better from now on, and i hope to post that in a couple months.
growers that run a no-veg sog depend on plant numbers for weight.

37555IMG_1927-med.JPG

this is the new toy i got over the holidays. it's a 45 cm tall Ehle bong from every one does it.com. 5mm thick borosilicate glass, so it's solid and resistant to thermal shock. 18.8mm joints, so it clears very fast. Has an Ehle precooler at the end. Both downstems are Roor diffusers.

37555IMG_1929-med.JPG

A look at the bowl; this thing is huge, looks like it could fit 1.5 grams of ground up buds in there. At the bottom is the glass gauze, to prevent buds/ash from falling.

37555IMG_1930-med.JPG

A look down the bong itself. you can just make out the diffuser at the bottom.

37555IMG_1939-med.JPG

this is pretty much my standard dosage. yeah, i know im a lightweight...

37555IMG_1945-med.JPG

PhilCuisine's schrom burns down to a nice, white ash...
This is my daily driver from now on. :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts