What's new

midwest growers unite

DJXX

Veteran
Some pics of Tangie #2...a trich bomb....she is super strong...a soaring sativa high...wanna clean house...she is the one...DJXX
picture.php

sorry bout the doggie hair...
picture.php

equiqed

What would you guys safe is a safe maximum amount of lights you could pull off in the Midwest without getting caught in a normal 3-5 bedroom house

DJXX

Veteran
What would you guys safe is a safe maximum amount of lights you could pull off in the Midwest without getting caught in a normal 3-5 bedroom house
one of those lil square box infra red heaters are like 1500 watts...i run three of those in the winter...maybe 4k of lights...i am cautious so i just run 2 600's...what state..DJXX

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Not sure if there's a 'safe' amount of power you can use. is there a smart meter?

The Tangerine Haze (kush?) is looking good as ever, DJ.

Are you using rockwool blocks in a 3x3 tray, Sturgeon? what did BOG say?

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Shit with that kw/hr price id run the shit outta some 600s. Like 4or 5 of them at least lol. I get whacked .10/ where im at. So I just run a couple 1k to compensate lol

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Hopefully you haven't changed your existing light bulbs to CFLs or LEDs yet.

If this is your situation, you can do so now and offset a bit of the increase.... and start turning off lights everytime you leave a room.

We dumped about $40 a month off ours by doing this (not that it matteres here in Colorado).

I of course offset the savings almost immediately when I started my grow.

edit; Also if you have outdoor security lights. You can lower the sensitivity a little and shorten the 'on' times. Don't forget to change to lower usage bulbs in them as well.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I think IF I lived there, I'd go Solar.......

But I suppose they'd notice if you didn't have a 'balance owed' as well....... lol

draconis

Hey equiqed. I'm on lake Erie and run about 2200 watts for the total op. Haven't had any problems. It's a ~1500 sqft home ran mostly on gas so I have room to play.

DJXX

Veteran
Is 2000 watts a lot in Illinois? Even with other electrical equipment in the grow room?
I think you would be alright...remember that you have to cool it too and that will be a big increase...do your laundry at the laundry mat to save kilowatts...i have three of those lil infrared box heaters and they are 1800 watters...so theres 5400 watts..2000 watts should not even be noticed too much....many times its the traffic at your place that makes them look at the electric..keep traffic to a minimum..hope that helps..DJXX

Latest posts

Latest posts