What's new

midwest growers unite

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Maybe the real connoisseur quality stuff they keep instate, and their mid quality stuff they export?
How's the battle against the PM, Abita? You sure it's PM? Have you cleaned your space yet?

what up fellers, chicago dude here, gonna start my second grow pretty soon and feeling pretty damn confident about it since I've been on some autodidactic shit for a bit over 2 years now, so hopefully it goes as good as i envision it. I just need to get me some smart pots :|.

Probably going to run some chemdog IBL i had lying around, as well as jimmy nitz' motorbreath (chem D x SFV OG). chemdog ibl seeds grown in soil/4 gals to take a few cuts as they veg and finish the clones in 3 gals/soil. im thinking of popping 6 seeds to anticipate maybe 2 -3 girls to clone. with a total of like 7-8 girls including the mothers.... and also 2 beans of motorbreath, possibly do these in soil and so i can get a feel for them.. then take a couple cuts and grow in coco using 6/9 handwatering once a day and finish in 2 gal smart pots (10 in total). I have 1600w and around 26 sq ft, its narrow but it will do well. this would also be my first time using coco and watering daily like that. what do yall think?

ill prolly get a ph meter soon but ill stick to heavily monitoring the appearance of the plants so i wouldnt feel the need to get a ppm/EC meter just yet. the chicago water analysis indicates it has a TDS of *roughly* 150 , it varies from 130-200, more recently being in the high 160's..... and this was last years report. ph is mostly around 7 from my tap.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
is there any other fungicidal treatmeats I can look into besides e20? not looking for multiple applications, just a simple one and done like how an avid dunk would be.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
yea who knows. think most people out there just don't give a f*ck.

Maybe it's all just a big money grab nowadays. The real connoisseur, organic stuff is grown by private growers for their own meds or to share with a small group...

Hi Adobe, hope your grow goes well. I did coco/perlite in 2gallon smartpots, it works well, although depending on how big your plants are you may need to water more than 1x a day, especially in flower. You could grow a 6ft plant in 2ga of coco.
Your experience with chicago tap mirrors my own, the tds is mostly from calcium carbonate, although my ph seemed closer to 8 than 7.
Did the lucas formula as well in coco, some strains seemed to suffer from cal and/or mag deficiency so i needed to supp with calmag and/or epsom salts. Switched to Dynagro, a nute favored by orchid growers, and didn't have any issues.

Abita, I don't know if these will work if Eagle20 didn't, but your local HD or Lowes should carry sulfur or copper based fungicides (Safer, etc). Also available at those stores is Daconil (chlorothalonil), a widely used fungicide on food crops, I have a bottle, seem to recall I did use it on my plants in veg when I had a bit of a pm/mold problem years ago, haven't used it since so i guess it must have worked...:smoky:

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
just some shots from the other day

hope everybody has been enjoying the half way decent weather

Attachments

• IMG_6153.jpg
    IMG_6153.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6154.jpg
    IMG_6154.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6157.jpg
    IMG_6157.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6171.jpg
    IMG_6171.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6172.jpg
    IMG_6172.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6175.jpg
    IMG_6175.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 6

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
What strain is that, Farmdale? I grew DJ Short's Flo for a while, made spear-like colas very much like that...

Nice looking purplish/black on the leaf trim, Toker. Is that strain known for purpling? If it's that dark, maybe it'll still retain the purpling as it dries and cures...

Crazy, crazy weather lately. Know two people who got hit hard with flooding, one of them lived by the Des Plaines river. Bet everyone who lived next to that river had to sandbag their perimeter.
And now we had snow/hail today. Almost May and we had snow. That's the midwest for you...

DeoXy

Crazy, crazy weather lately. Know two people who got hit hard with flooding, one of them lived by the Des Plaines river. Bet everyone who lived next to that river had to sandbag their perimeter.
And now we had snow/hail today. Almost May and we had snow. That's the midwest for you...

Yea I'm not too far from the des plaines river... came home to floating plants.. sump pump burned out and basement got completely flooded.. ugh.. and today snow..gotta love the midwest sometimes. :moon:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Sorry to hear your grow got flooded, were you able to salvage any plants?

Anyway, hope everyone has a good 420. Nice and sunny and warmer, so that's something...

DeoXy

Sorry to hear your grow got flooded, were you able to salvage any plants?

Actually they were floating ontop of their drip trays..they needed to be watered so they were pretty light.. there was only a couple inches of rain water on that side of the basement thankfully so no harm done.:woohoo:

A couple pix of the floaters : Killer Queen Redux @ day 5 of flower

20130423_231133_zps774474d7.jpg

20130423_231237_zpse8f4d767.jpg