What's new

Micro Growers Bubble Cloner by Thundurkel

I hope you guys still see this thread.

I liked the fogger idea, and decided to give that a shot. My big issue right now is I have no idea wtf I am doing...lol. I have taken some cuttings already, and have them in my version of your fogloner. But I'm not sure what I should be watching for the cuttings to do while they are building up their roots.

What I have now are some of the larger cuttings have been in for 2 days now, and still look as healthy as the minute I took the cutting. The smaller cuttings are a little less happy it seems. They look pretty wilted, and I would normally say they are dead. But the leaves aren't dead and crispy like you would expect to see on a dead plant. The stem is green and soft, and although the leaves look dead, they're still green and very soft to the touch.

So I guess what i'm asking is what are the stages of a cutting as it goes through the rooting process? What should I be seeing? I just don't want to end up tossing cuttings because I simply don't know what I should be watching for.

How many fogger heads are you using? how far from the surface of the water is ultrasonic disc? where in the reservoir is the fogger located. Try moving the wilting clones closer to just above the fogger(s). Some cuttings need the "splashing" from the fogger to get their start. If they're not cripy then they will revive as you find the best placement of the foggers and i hope your clone sites aren't too big or too far spaced. Clones don't need too much space so perhapes you'll just need to keep them closer to the fog head. I'm goin to be experimenting on different size/shape reservoirs soon as i get my new mother box built. Then my clonning stuff is moving into what is now my mother chamber (just sittin in my closet is too risky).

bong_chat

My system is pretty small, so i really only needed 1 fogger to fill the entire chamber. It's a 6.5 quart rubbermaid tub. Nothing huge. The water level is just above the fogger's low water level disk. I swiped the fogger from an old fogging humidifier from sharper image. I had it laying around, which is why I decided to make this in the first place. It's a fairly powerful fogger, so I didn't think i would need more than one.

The lid I didn't use. Instead I used a bit of foil. It allows me to place and replace site ares in case they need to be moved. I thought that until I figure out the best way to use this system, I didn't want to commit myself by drilling holes in the lid.

So what I decided to do was do a side by side test to see what system works best for me in my situation. I have this system going, and a perlite wick system going. Whichever wins will be my cloning method of choice. Always have a plan b. And a plan c,d, and e. After that, give up...lol

dotblunt

Heres my inspiration Urk, thanks for the how-to!

attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC10171.jpg
    SDC10171.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

lordbudly

Veteran
i love you!!!! :laughing: i made one, used the same container as you had * it fit my two airstones i bought perfectly* the cost? 23 bucks, thats with my double hose pump, a long hose to be cut in half, the air stones, two * yes two* ziplock containers, a hotglue gun, and hot glue sticks! its been like 7 days and i got 3 already happily showing roots through a container and growing, and the others being a little stubborn, but ive been lazy also, only changed water once, and half my cuts were from a sickly mom, other then that flawless, my design, some flaws, shoulda got holders like u got, but instead i bought a 42 cent piece of foam that kids use to cut and glue and make pictures, and made squares, and they just sit ontop of the lid and keep the plant from fallin in, if i put to much water or i tip and woosh and they float, already repped u i guess , also we got the same airstones

lordbudly

Veteran
psst hey it looks like u have your stones all the way to one side, should all the clones be under direct bubble?

maddr101

Just wondering thundurkel was their any rooting hormone or gel of some sort applied to the stems prior to them being inserted into the cloner or just straight water for them

I found some usable foam at the dollar store, it comes in those Puzzle pieces to make floor mats out of. $1.25 each and you could cut more than 100 of those foam pacman inserts.

Thunderkel - You and Bud greens are the sole reason for my ability to grow, thank you for showing that rubbermaid & CFL's work damn well.

sito007

thundurkel was their any rooting hormone or gel of some sort applied to the stems prior to them being inserted into the cloner or just straight water

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok folks I've been using this method differently lately since I was having varied results with it and stopped using it. Well I ended up with too many cuts and didn't have the heart to throw them out just cuz I ran outta Rapid Rooters. So what I did was took my cuts and dipped them into my Dip n Grow solution for 20 seconds instead of the recommended 5 seconds to make sure it soaks through and doesn't just get washed away in the Bubble Cloner. Boy was I happy to the cuts form roots in 7 days and I have a few cuts I've had in there for 2 weeks and still no roots but the ones I used Dip n Grow on worked like a charm!!! I know the purpose of this thing was to just use water but I've noticed that these Aero cloners on the market use a rooting hormone of some kind from what I've seen so I thought fuck it and it was a good fuck it hahaha

kingofnuthin

heyy! build one o these last night and just started to wonder should the water level be touching the cuttings or not?? great thread btw!!!

I'm so glad to come across this topic because the build I'm working on now is going to have a res about the same size as this. My only question is can I go from start to finish with this setup?

Latest posts

Latest posts