What's new

Micro Growers Bubble Cloner by Thundurkel

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
The plants I had without Superthrive weren't as big ST seems to keep them big healthy and happy... I just got some Flora Nova Grow, Flora Blend Vegan Compost Tea, and Floralicious Plus and I am going to run a side by side test using these nutes on one plant and then I will use DrBuds nute line up of Shultz 10-15-10, Superthrive, and Fish Emulsion and see what comes out better for the hell of it cuz I was given the General Hydroponics line of nutes to feed my PK mom and noticed I can use them with soil grows as well so I figure why not experiment? I got enough clones rooting to play with in the next few weeks here so it should be cool to watch

jimbob420

i have actually been using the fox farm line up of nutes on the plants as well. From what I have read they can be used as a supp or as a main nute regiment, does anyone know if thats true? The lineup includes the big bloom, tiger bloom, and grow big liquid nute and the beastie buds, cha ching, and open sesame. Got it all from a friend who works at a hydro shop for cheap, he said it should help i figured... what the fuck. Hasnt seemed to have any kind of negitive effect either.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
That line of nutes is supposed to be really good from what I hear but I haven't tried em yet

clowntown

Veteran
Thundurkel said:
The plants I had without Superthrive weren't as big ST seems to keep them big healthy and happy... I just got some Flora Nova Grow, Flora Blend Vegan Compost Tea, and Floralicious Plus and I am going to run a side by side test using these nutes on one plant and then I will use DrBuds nute line up of Shultz 10-15-10, Superthrive, and Fish Emulsion and see what comes out better for the hell of it cuz I was given the General Hydroponics line of nutes to feed my PK mom and noticed I can use them with soil grows as well so I figure why not experiment? I got enough clones rooting to play with in the next few weeks here so it should be cool to watch
Any way you can fit more than 1 plant in there, for a real-time side-by-side? It would also give you a taste test, on which bud comes out tasting better. Not that any definitive answers are going to be had from it.

But in a way, wouldn't using GH somewhat defeat the purpose of the so-called "DrBud Method"?

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
clowntown said:
Any way you can fit more than 1 plant in there, for a real-time side-by-side? It would also give you a taste test, on which bud comes out tasting better. Not that any definitive answers are going to be had from it.

But in a way, wouldn't using GH somewhat defeat the purpose of the so-called "DrBud Method"?

Yes it would and to be honest the leaves on the PK Mom I got feel real thin silky but the plant looked healthy as can be and it was fed the GH line of nutes but the leaves on my Thunder Goo Mom that I grew from clone and only fed the DrBud line up has heartier leaves they feel thicker and just seem nicer thats what made me want to do a side by side and yes I will be putting them in the same cab at the same time so we'll see... I basically want to know if it's worth buying better nutes or just sticking with the Shultz Superthrive and Fish Emulsion :joint:

clowntown

Veteran
My experience has been that "better nutes" not only get you better, cleaner results (look at the deficiencies on DrBud's plants) but allow you to control your feeding better, like the GH 3-part which I like a lot. Plus it's hella cheap!

C

Cozy Amnesia

Yeah GH's Flora line is pretty much the cheapest hydroponic nutes you can find. I've been feeding 6mL/g bloom and 4mL/g micro in cocogro and my girls are pretty happy.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well Shultz is pretty cheap too! I have healthy ass plants only reason I have unte burn is from the bloom plus I used a little too much I guess

clowntown

Veteran
Thundurkel, I think the 1-gallon jugs of bloom are $10 and maybe $12 for micro from D&S in San Leandro... shouldn't be more than $25 for 2 gallons out the door. Or right down the street from you @ BIG for roughly $20/gal (micro is always the most expensive component). That should last you for a long time to come, and it doesn't exactly "expire" or "get old". You can easily adjust what nutrients your plants receive, and get awesome results, and run just about any type of grow with it easily & successfully (hydro, coco, low-bloom rockwool soak, whatever).

IMO, that Schultz stuff has too high N for my tastes especially for later flower. Worst case, maybe a bottle of PBP for the last week or two of feed only?

If you don't already have some, I'd recommend Dolomite lime too.

Last edited:

Illadelph

what if you were to just drill a hole small enough for a stem to go through and not use any foam? would that work?

Do the ends of the cuttings have to touch the water? would one or two air stones be enough if I were to make say an 8 clone bubbler?

It looks like you fill the tub half way with water, is that correct?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea the little holes will work I saw someone on here do that and they would cut small pieces of air hose and splice them so they would hole the stem in the hold and be able to get the roots out with out damaging them.. And yea water level is whatever it takes to keep the stems in the water and 2 air stones is fine, I use the bubble bars they cover more area and I just made a new one with the same size container but with a 10-30 gal pump instead of a 5-10 gal one that I have on the other one and I think it's helping the cuts root faster with more bubbles :joint:

Last edited:

Frid

Thanks Bro! This is what I was looking for! Bad ass! Cheapness is the only way to go!! got try this!

Not sure

Not sure

I've just tried this with a old (clean) plastic take out container and a 5" air-stone bar and only one of the four cuttings i've put in it so far has not mostly shriveled-up. Also no roots and the oldest one has been in there about a week. How long should it take and also should i be using my cloning gel? This is also my first grow and the cuts were taken as i topped my 6 mother candidates (from bag-seed). The one cutting (third taken) didn't dry up at all even though no sign of roots. The first had about half of one leaf shrivel and dry up and the second had the tips of all but the smallest emerging leaves dry up. I've also put one in a coco-coir/perlite mix and one in a Perfect Starts plug from Futuregarden.com , both of which look quite wilty but didn't dry up like the others. I'm going to try a redesign of this concept to hopefully make it so not even i can f*ck it up.

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Are the stems in the water??? they should stay in the water cuz the only time I have had mine shrivel up is when my water gets low and the stems aren't touching it also no cloning gel just water and temps make a difference too keep it at 75-78

Illadelph

I'm new at this as well, and have yet to have any success, but I hear it takes longer than a week. Also, Tops are suppost to be harder to get to root than cuttings taken from lower on the plant (so i hear). Possibly could be "emulsion" or air bubbles in the stem from not putting them into water soon enough after you cut them. Like I said, I am no expert, and it could be that none of these are your problem, but I just thought I'd throw in 2 cents, since I always like getting replies to my posts/questions. Keep trying, its bound to work sooner or later.

update

update

Well, i am dealing with small kuttings and it was kinda hard to keep them in the water. i let the water level get too low again and lost my largest kutting and my best one started to get wilty and dark, but it seems to be perking up after putting more water in. Also one of my half-wilted kuts has now started to show little root nubs. How long should i let the roots get b4 putting it in my cococoir/perlite?

Illadelph

if your putting them in cococoir i would guess sooner rather than later, before the roots get too big and it will be hard to put it in a medium without damaging them. I have never even seen coco coir in person though, so I really can't help you much. This bubble cloner worked out pretty good for me. Almost all my clones rooted after about 10-12 days. I'm doing hydro, so am leaving most of the clones in the bubbler until i'm ready to use them. Long roots isn't as much as a problem for me. They make these rockwool plugs with a slit in them that i got from the hydro store so you can just slide rooted cuts in without damaging the roots. That might work for you. To answer your question, I would try to do it while they are still rather short, but more than just a nub, maybe an an inch or two long. But bear in mind, this is my first time doing this, and have only transplanted one clone so far, and am doing hydro so am not really in the same situation as you. Maybe someone with more experience can offer some additional guidance.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I let the roots get long and have side roots looking like a fish spine lol cuz when I just did it with the nubs they don't work out very well. I've had way better results keeping my cloner on the floor in my closet where it's cooler and not in direct light, I'll post a pic of how big I let my roots get and I transplant to soil by the way...

Latest posts

Latest posts