What's new

Micro Grow Deuce

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Yo! They're looking good indeed. For our setup, we plan to put all plants into flower when they're between their 4th and 5th internode's (or less than 4-5" tall, whichever comes first). Of course, we'll take each plant into consideration and determine whether or not we think it's ready, but this is our general rule of thumb. It looks to me like yours are getting close!

j.guit.err

Thanks! That's my thought as well. They've been growing quickly, so I'm just going to let them veg for a bit longer I think. We'll see!

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Id wate a little longer. I put my last plants into flower cycle when they were 6-8 inches tall.

they r looken great by the way.

j.guit.err

Good advice. Thanks for the info and props! They are about 5" so far, I'll probably grow them to 8" or so since I am working on the LST right now.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
throw em into flower whenever you like based on that they stretch 2x or more in the first 2-3 weks of flower. i usually throw mine into flower after about 6 nodes, sometimes i top at 4 nodes and let the branches develop more before i flower. more branches + nodes = more buds.

j.guit.err

Well I am going to try and wrap them around these pots. Do you think I should transplant into bigger pots? These are half gallon pots I believe, they look like they could support a full size plant. What do you guys think?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i flower mine in 1 gal pots. just know that when they run out of root space and become "rootbound" you will have to water more and watch the nutes better because they will more easily be burned or thrown off by ph flux, than if the roots had more space between em.

they will stop stretching when they get rootbound also. so if you want short plants flower early in smaller pots. along with the training and whatnot. once i get my SYSTEM[tm] down ill be throwing clones into flower in cut off 2liter bottles like drbud method of sog. something to shoot for, maximizing minimal space.

j.guit.err

Well, I have some disappointing news. I had a fantastic weekend in the Bahamas and got back today, only to a disappointing sight.

I opened my cab and found this:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I knew it was bad, when I walked in and heard no fan noise in my room. Apparently, my fan stopped sometime this weekend while I was gone. I guess the heat dried out my plants and soil. I watered them well tonight to see if they will perhaps recover. I have had a few that looked the same before and they recovered, but I think these are done for.

Anyone have any ideas what to do? I think these are shot.

My question is this. I graduate in May, and I may have to move out or may not. If not, I'm in this place until the end of July, so I would have time to start again. Should I germ some more seeds and try again? If so, how long would a SoG from seed take me? I'd love some ideas, as I'm a bit down about my situation.

Thanks guys.

j.guit.err

Well, they are totally dead. This sucks. Can someone please give me some thoughts on my questions? I'm hoping for some responses since I'm kinda bummed.

Thanks.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Wow brother, that's a sad sight to see. That really sucks ass and I know how you must feel. I'd sure be upset if my girls up and died on me.

The only response I have to your questions is that it seems too short a time if you're going to have to move out by May. Unless of course you get your hands on some clones. Then you have a shot.

Don't let it get you too down man. You'll come back proud and strong next run!

j.guit.err

Thanks man, at least it happened in veg, not in flower right?

Well the quandary that I'm in is this.

If I get a job out of my current city, which may or may not happen, then I'd have to move in May. If I either don't get a job because of the economy, or do get a job in my current city, then I'll be here until the end of July.

I can't get clones because I don't know anyone in my area that would be willing to help me with this problem. If I start seeds and veg for about 3-4 weeks starting today, then they should finish in the end of May or so. Should I give it a shot? I guess I don't really lose anything but time if I start more seeds.

Should I continue with my current 2-4 plant strategy or do a SoG from seed with a bunch of soda bottles?

I appreciate the help everyone!

j.guit.err

Cool. Thanks for the help guys!

I just started germing 12 or 14 seeds, I can't remember.

If I do 12/12 from seed, would I leave them in the soda bottles the whole time?

What would the transplant schedule be like for that?

How much would that reduce my yields you think? I just don't want to waste a bunch of space with big pots and get like 3 plants that yield a quarter each or something. I'd rather do them Dr. Bud style if that's the case.

Thanks again guys!

j.guit.err

Cool. Well, I should be on my way in the next few days! I'll start up a new thread detailing my progress. Keep your eyes peeled!

Thanks for the help and criticisms throughout this time everyone, hopefully the next one will fare better. Until then, stay up!

Latest posts

Latest posts