What's new

Micro Grow Deuce

j.guit.err

Update.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

They are growing well and seem to be loving the ewc and molasses tea that I have been giving them. Once they get big enough to outgrow my soda bottles, I'm going to transplant them into LCs mix with the nutes in it. For now, the growth rate is good. Cheers!

sgka

Veteran
that plexiglass idea sounds relatively plausible. ANyone ever tried this? or have you tried it out? I'd be willing to test it but i dont know where to grab any plexiglass. will home deopt or similar have it?

j.guit.err

I haven't tried it out, I just moved my box so the air wouldn't stagnate and get hot. I read a thread about it, I think it said tempered glass was best, kinda like pyrex for a cooltube.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
EDIT - that'll teach me for not reading both pages... youre way ahead of me Bro :smile:

make a mock front for it like a chest of drawers maybe?.... heres mine although it cleary was a set of drawers to begin with.. I took the drawer fronts and nailed them to a board to create one big panel...

Attachments

• done.cab.lights.on.jpg
    done.cab.lights.on.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 18
I've got one of those fans too. It's an AC powered fan. Go into Radio Shack and tell them you need a 115 or 120 volt AC cooling fan. They're just like PC fans except they're thicker and WAY heavier because they're made of metal.

It's not much louder than a normal 120mm PC fan... But they move a TON of air.

j.guit.err

Sorry man not meaning to! Here is the link to my fan:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102823&CAWELAID=107593997

It sounds like a desktop computer but quieter. All I can really here is the air moving, it's pretty quiet.

Here is an update:

I finished my dresser; I redid the face mounting so it was better looking with no gaps.

picture.php

picture.php

I eliminated the side gapping here with a screw placed at the bottom corner below the non-hinged side. No gap!

picture.php

Plants are looking good, this is only 10 days in. Growth looks great right?

picture.php

Here are some shots of the (hopefully) girls.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace, love, and cannabis for everyone.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
thanks for the reply, i was on the fence after i searched radioshack they claim its noisy plus its $25. but if you say all you can hear is air ill get it. the fans in there now hum a little. not much but if my computer is off you can hear it.

j.guit.err

Cheesebuds: Thanks man, I was thinking they looked pretty damn good for 10 days in!

stihgnobevoli: If I leave everything in my room off except the box, I can still hear it, but it's really not very loud at all.

At any rate, this is just bagseed again, so what size should I start flowering? My cab is 30" tall with about 5" taken up by lights. I plan on LSTing the plants, but I don't know who is male yet, so I'm not sure when to start. I'd like my yield to be much better this time, and I know it will be, but I'd like to maximize if possible. I'd love some help here everyone!

hello J.
i im growing in a dresser with cfls 50 days into flowering and i wish i had started lst a lot sooner in veg, I waitd for almost a month of veg before i tied em down and now my cab is too full all around. I had to chop the slower growing one to make room for the rest. So I would advise you to start LST early or top em to keep the height down. PS looking good on the dresser front.

j.guit.err

Yeah man, I'm planning to start LST within the next week, but I need to see some more growth first. These are less than two weeks in now, so I'm going to hold off. How much growth would I see (on average) within the next two weeks? I'm shooting for a big ass plant that I can wrap around the outside of the pot.

Thanks for the props!

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i start topping and lst at 4 nodes. i have about 24 inches to work with minus 5 inches for the light and my tallest pot is like 10 inches tall. which leaves roughly 10 inches for actual plant matter.

train train train

j.guit.err

What would be the point of topping and LST? I thought that LST was supposed to redistribute auxins which should have the same effect of LST?

I'm open to ideas here, I just want the most bang for my buck!

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
What would be the point of topping and LST? I thought that LST was supposed to redistribute auxins which should have the same effect of LST?

That is correct. IMO, there is no reason to use both high stress training (topping) and low stress training (LST). I think you can achieve equally good results with LST, and I think it's better for the plant.

Latest posts

Latest posts