What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Micro Adventures with Mr. Sparkle

M

Mr. Sparkle

Sunday Update:

Both boxes got reservoir upgrades yesterday, they are now sporting new 10 liter reservoirs which is 3 times the held volume of the old ones, and look better, the one for Bogan i might paint black to match but are currently white.

Bogan: Well the sensor just seems to run low right now, i tested a backup component and it read the same, so i left it how it was, i'll replace the probes in the future, but i'm in no rush, and ran out of time yesterday to upgrade them how i wanted too.

The Dark Devil is looking tasty and smelling Very Sweet, the other autos are limping along due to the bad start, and that Auto Mazar seedling that survived is crawling along, pretty much useless.

The mothers also got a trim and i took about 6 more clones from them just to play with, so i can dial in the clone taking ability with this new setup, a bunch of the clones i took mid week already had rotted stems "too wet", i attribute it to me soaking the fresh cut stems in water then dunking them in cloning powder "has worked in the past" but it's causing the areas to remain too wet and makes the stem go to mush, so now they are getting cut/stripped then dunked in powder, and all the excess flicked off so they are more or less dry with only powder stuck to the areas that were freshly exposed, gonna do another batch with no powder, just straight to the mix for comparison but that will be later in the week.

Oh also decreased the angle slightly for the tray as it was a tad to much, seems better now.

b3Pty9f.jpg

Ashla: The Screw-in Led lights are too much hassle for me to disassemble effectively without issue to warrant me doing a light swap in Ashla, but looking at the new Bridgelux V18's Gen7's i might get two lower CRI in say the 5000k spectrum and under drive them at my current 700ma. Once they're available for me that is, but that way one we still get more light, and two we only will be replacing the Led's as i'll use the same drivers, the new V22B's would be nice but i would need new drivers, and then we would quickly be looking at over light situations and light bleaching, as we would be in the 11000+ lumens per sq foot range, still would like to have 3-5 spots of light in Ashla instead of two but live and learn and make use of what you have.

Moved the 3 Orange Bud, and one Jack Herrer Seedlings over today could of had a day or two more but they were ready ahead of when i thought anyways, so we will start some new seedlings today, but im leary that the current older plants in flower might not be done in time for the new seedling to be thrown into flower 2+ weeks from now... Also i couldn't bring the Orange Bud Mother over as Ashla is currently full, unless i started cramming but im not gonna do that, to just fit in one more plant.

That Ice Bomb is still not done, and is still going, tricky tricky, so we're now at week 10 ive included a picture below, but maybe another week or so, so the supposed 7-9 weeks per breeders spec's will probably be 11ish, but can't complain about a freebie, she looking nicer as we go along.

What else, one of the Sin Mints threw out two male pollen sacs, which were quickly plucked, it has been burnt and light bleached from getting to close to the led over the last 3+ weeks, so im not surprised that due to the stress it did that, but still it's too touchy for me, even if it's super crystally it won't be carried on, unless it redeems itself before the end. Also the Krakatoa that was off in the corner, i noticed a couple small signs of some mold strands, which wasn't a surprise as the corner is pretty much a dead zone for air flow in comparison to everywhere else in the box, so i plucked some of its fan leaves to reduce the humidity surrounding that plant and it opens up the buds to more air, i'm pretty confident it will be fine by the end and i'm not worried that it will spread.

Other than that nothing else to say, well i did something to one of the Bubblegum XL's a week or two back to show what can be done, but we will wait till the end for that...

X0nlgVH.jpg

The Ice Bomb that's still going

1I8ms3j.jpg

Chloemobile

These two PC builds are remarkable!!! Love the micro-sog. Hands down my favorite way to grow. Everything looks super healthy and dialed in. Good work!!!!!! Time for a third PC for breeding!

Edit: always of fan of Seeing Cindy99 so that is my vote :)

Last edited:
M

Mr. Sparkle

These two PC builds are remarkable!!! Love the micro-sog. Hands down my favorite way to grow. Everything looks super healthy and dialed in. Good work!!!!!! Time for a third PC for breeding!

Edit: always of fan of Seeing Cindy99 so that is my vote :)

Thank you, and thanks for stopping by, and i do enjoy the micro-sog as it allows me to run a lot of diversity and play around.

Also would love to have another box/case/room/field but don't need another for my consumption, wheres as if it was for breeding i would really want a full ag greenhouse but that's just a wispy dream.

Also i did drop 5 C99 seeds earlier so we will see if they pop.

M

Mr. Sparkle

Tuesday Update: Was gone for the weekend

Bogan is doing quite well and ran nicely when i was away, i think we have this box dialed in quite nicely at the moment. We have two new possible "C99" Seedlings. The Orange Bud mother plant got transferred over to Ashla today, and the Auto flowers are all doing well at the moment, even that Struggling Auto Mazar seedling has turned around, and looks perfectly normal.

The Dark Devil Auto is getting to be almost done, but she has packed on a lot over the last couple weeks, and has really impressed me with only being almost 8.5 weeks from germination.

1njeLQe.jpg

Ashla did alright when i was away but showed some issues but it's all good, i haven't done a flat slightly angled bottom support yet for Ashla's tray, so because of the drooping tray issue we ran into more prominently with Bogan similar issues occurred, the far left and far right side of the tray the plants were fairly dry as the water was pooling in the center because of the droop, so we will fix that, and fine tune it.

The Ice Bomb is still going at 11ish weeks in, and doesn't look like it's stopping, its like it went into second gear, so we will ride it out, as for the other plants that are at around 8.5 weeks, and most are pretty much done, the one mutant Sin Mint which was a possible quadrifoliate is still throwing out the odd male floral cluster, and i thought the other good looking sinmint was good, but it has also just thrown one male floral cluster, so neither will be continuing for another cycle. The krakatoa still has a bit of minor mold, and the orange bud clone somehow got light burn a good week or so back on one section but still continued on, and the Lemon Kush has moved on reliably like it's shown it does in the past.

So saying all that those 5 get the chop today, time to move on.

Oh the other plants got a slight trim about a week back just to open things up a bit as things were gonna get out of hand if i left it, and it allowed the new seedling to get more light and the lower bud sites as well.

r8MDb6s.jpg

Lemon Kush
oUnEX9f.jpg

Orange Bud
RkWxUQE.jpg

Sin Mint Cookies "the better one"
057uGP7.jpg

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Such nice gear you have, and dialed in.

Need to review this thread to get up to speed, I do.

M

Mr. Sparkle

Such nice gear you have, and dialed in.

Need to review this thread to get up to speed, I do.

Thanks DC, i actually don't think i have the boxes and plants dialed in yet, but for the most part they stay relatively happy minus the odd issue here and there.

I actually came back to say i started the last 4 Blueberry seeds i had left, and also the last 3 Auto Dark Devil's, they are now all soaking in some water.
I also moved the Cherry Bomb mother over to flower as well as i probably won't keep her as her smoke is good but a little too foggy, so unless she does well again and turns out different than the previous run, then she's out. Currently if everything goes well we will be potentially short a spot or two, one or two of the flowering plants in Ashla might get the axe when the time comes if space is needed, as they currently aren't impressing me, and i would rather make room for new ones than to run them out.

But we will see in time what happens.

M

Mr. Sparkle

Needed the space so the Dark Devil Auto gets the chop tomorrow she was done anyways i was just trying to run her to the end of the week, but she was on spec for 8.5 weeks from popping soil, and im quite impressed by her, she smells sweet, and is quite beefy pretty much the same amount of bud as the container, she did get a lot more light than if i was running a full box so that helped but we also ran into a watering issue early with her as well, so we will see what she weighs when she's dry.

Bogan is now full as i just put in 3 New Dark Devils, and 4 Blueberry's so they should be on there first set of leaves come sunday hopefully, just threw them into some mix today as they all sprouted tails.

Dark Devil Auto - Sweet Seeds

kRYLWz8.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
me too! your ladies r looking fantastic. whats your secret? I just tried to grow some autos they didn't grow. only have a few beens left amd im kinda not wanting to plant em of fear they r gunna die also.

M

Mr. Sparkle

me too! your ladies r looking fantastic. whats your secret?

I'm still Learning with autos but there is No secret just try for consistency, my current observation is they have to have steady conditions for the first couple weeks say week 1 to week 5, missed waterings or too heavy feedings can shut them down hard, which isn't much different with photo periods, we just have more time with them.

M

Mr. Sparkle

Just looked at the plants, im done with the Icebomb at more or less 12 weeks, still doesn't looks done structure wise, but the outer extremities are getting pretty amber.

FLYC2nt.jpg

M

Mr. Sparkle

Sunday update:

Bogan is full and moving along nicely, nothing really to say about it.

sIsTTFz.jpg

Ashla i still need to make a tray support, and adjust some things, and those plant on the left are the ones that took a kicking and stretched too much aways back, they definitely won't yield much this round, but then again i'm just hunting for phenos, so we will see how they turn out.

xGA1g6x.jpg

D

Dr.Suess

Hello Mr Sparkle

That's a good setup, I wouldn't mind something like that myself for keeping bonsais.:tiphat:

Your plants look so healthy and happy, good work!

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I guess want I ment to say was, what medium do you use? how often are you having to water them and what is the PH of both the medium and the water.

I ask because when I planted mine, the seed would grow then the seedling would die a week later. The medium I tried was soil once then coco once both had bad luck.

Im struggling with getting any kind of seed to grow.:(

M

Mr. Sparkle

What medium do you use? how often are you having to water them and what is the PH of both the medium and the water.
Im struggling with getting any kind of seed to grow.:(

Ive used all sort of mixes and soils, but am currently using a coco/perlite mix at around 50/50, they get watered when my sensor tells them they need it which is around every 3 days or so, as for the pH i don't check, nutrient solution/water is at probably 5.8-6.2, and the medium is whatever it is.

But let me explain that all, first on the ph side, i use dolomite lime at a ratio of 1-2 tablespoons per gallon of mix, reason is it make my mix very stable pH wise and buffers it, in the past when i didn't use to use it my ph fluctuations were all over the map, and i ran into lock out and deficiency issues because of that, and that was both in soil and coco mixes, since ive been adding dolomite lime, i haven't had a problem and don't even look at my pH.

My watering is also based on my medium and my setup, so don't take what i do as example to follow.

But if your seedling are dying just after a week, something is definitely wrong, my guess is that they are being over watered and the delicate root system can take the abuse compared to a rooted clone. But mind to share a bit more details on whats specifically happening, so myself and other can help you out, as with out picture or info its kinda hard to guess at what it might be ?

M

Mr. Sparkle

Sunday update:

Bogan is moving along, the think different has maybe a week or two more, the stunted auto mazar is bulking out wouldn't even know the troubles it had with germ, overall the box is running good.

Might start some more auto seeds today or cut some clone, or something to fill the current empty space.

ofyFhwZ.jpg

Ashla is doing alright, still need to make the tray support, also tweaked the programming to make them run a bit wetter, also will be upping the nitrogen ratio as i think they will all benefit. Other than that the plants on the left will be done in the next 1.5-3 weeks, small yields but that was expected with the issues, and i threw the C99 seedlings over into it.

Also i'm thinking i might run this box for a bit longer then possibly retire it for awhile as one i'm in a state of oversupply, two some of these autos are quite promising in comparison and if i start playing more with them i'll still be producing way more than i need, and when its out of production i'll upgrade it to a 4 COB led pattern and run a cooler spectrum as the combo of flowering nutes and warmer spectrum i've noticed make the plants stretch at tad more than i like, and it will allow me to get a wider light dispersion in there instead of having hot spots and dark corners.

W4GkJ6w.jpg

Harvest, the Auto Chemdog is finished so she got chopped this morning and is hanging for her drying time till she hits the jars. Turned out quite well even with all the early issues.

As for the previous Dark Devil, she curing nicely, got a bit over 9 grams off her which is good considering 400ml of mix, and running up to another 13 plants at the same time, i don't expect to get the same yields if i had a bunch packed in there but still if i could get say 65% of it, will be looking at a good 80+ grams a run, but that's just numbers, anyways i'll be dabbling in some shortly.

Have a good sunday everyone.

Auto Seeds - Auto Chem Dog

C38QXT5.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts